Jump to content
lonewolf

2XU Compression Run 2018 - 8 Apr (Sun)

Recommended Posts

I collected around 4:40pm. Very fast, less than 3mins done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Good weather and good run. IO was in wave 1 and the flagged off was on time. No congestion, with distance markers for every km. First time, I ran all the way skipping all the drink station for the 21km.. Somehow, just didn't feel thirsty enough.  But somewhere along Fullerton, about 19km mark, there's this idiot with his dog come and disturb. From behind overtook me at a fast pace, then suddenly stop. almost bang into his dog. Got to brake and swerve right. Shouted him, not to block the way. Got one fellow runner beside scolded "F you" to him, hahaha.  19km is near the finishing point, damn tired liao. Sudden break in momentum is severely damping the morale.

 

Think the route abit short, my Garmin GPS shows 20.4km.

Edited by Ender
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ender said:

Good weather and good run. IO was in wave 1 and the flagged off was on time. No congestion, with distance markers for every km. First time, I ran all the way skipping all the drink station for the 21km.. Somehow, just didn't feel thirsty enough.  But somewhere along Fullerton, about 19km mark, there's this idiot with his dog come and disturb. From behind overtook me at a fast pace, then suddenly stop. almost bang into his dog. Got to brake and swerve right. Shouted him, not to block the way. Got one fellow runner beside scolded "F you" to him, hahaha.  19km is near the finishing point, damn tired liao. Sudden break in momentum is severely damping the morale.

 

Think the route abit short, my Garmin GPS shows 20.4km.

What is a dog doing along the race route? Is he even a runner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My garmin showed 21.47km.  But then it is not a gold class event.  So, the actual distance may not be accurate either.

Overall, it was ok.  I checked into the race pen at 4:15 but ended up in the last wave.  Wave 4 and 5 started together at about 5:10.  MC said there was some issue but I could not make out what he said.

On a personal note, I was careless and dropped the medal.  Tried to make my way back but stopped by security.  Then they asked me to go to information counter to ask for a replacement medal.  I went there and they tell me everyone is entitled to one only.  The tone I got from them was “Since you lost it, it is your problem”.  I admit being careless, but I never asked for a replacement medal and security refused to let me look for it.  Such a letdown.

Edited by Madmax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

What is a dog doing along the race route? Is he even a runner?

He is not part of the 2xu runners. Just an outsiders with his dog, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Worst half marathon in past 10 years. 

Arrived at 415am in pen. But  had to wait 60 minutes in pen before flag off due to unknown issue. 

Multiple flag off made congestion worse as slow runners were spread over the 60 minutes. 

Bottlenecks and standstills throughout which didn't end until after 15km. Walkers (sometime 3 aside) blocking route. 

Waterpoints were under staffed. Cups were empty and / or required queuing. Several were out of water. 

 

 

Edited by Fish Feet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Garmin 935 shows 20.7km

dont undertsand the mentality of some people ... want to walk walk single file lah... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Madmax said:

My garmin showed 21.47km.  But then it is not a gold class event.  So, the actual distance may not be accurate either.

Overall, it was ok.  I checked into the race pen at 4:15 but ended up in the last wave.  Wave 4 and 5 started together at about 5:10.  MC said there was some issue but I could not make out what he said.

On a personal note, I was careless and dropped the medal.  Tried to make my way back but stopped by security.  Then they asked me to go to information counter to ask for a replacement medal.  I went there and they tell me everyone is entitled to one only.  The tone I got from them was “Since you lost it, it is your problem”.  I admit being careless, but I never asked for a replacement medal and security refused to let me look for it.  Such a letdown.

Bro, I can send you mine if you want. I am not big on medals anyways. Pm me if you are interested.

This year's course seems a bit short. My watch reported 20.4km, last year was on the mark.

I started in Wave 2, congestion was alright from my position, too many walkers from Wave 1.

Edited by posfe2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reported at 4.15 a.m. and was shocked that after 3 flag-offs it was still not my turn to run. First I heard that there were many walkers in the earlier waves and Nicoll Highway was jammed. Then there was some technical issues and they had to replace something and we had to wait for our own good. Many people were frustrated. I only started to run at wave 4 at about 5.10, almost an hour after I reported to the start pen.

The plus point of the race is that hydration was sufficient and the bananas were good quality stuff. Other than that, I do not see what's the big deal about this event. For the price they charge, the race pack and runners' welfare are pathetic. I feel that this race is over-rated.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PandaC said:

I reported at 4.15 a.m. and was shocked that after 3 flag-offs it was still not my turn to run. First I heard that there were many walkers in the earlier waves and Nicoll Highway was jammed. Then there was some technical issues and they had to replace something and we had to wait for our own good. Many people were frustrated. I only started to run at wave 4 at about 5.10, almost an hour after I reported to the start pen.

The plus point of the race is that hydration was sufficient and the bananas were good quality stuff. Other than that, I do not see what's the big deal about this event. For the price they charge, the race pack and runners' welfare are pathetic. I feel that this race is over-rated.

Over-rated is a good word to use...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Initially I expected that the flag off time for me would be 4:30AM or at latest 5AM, unfortunately I started out at 5:25AM. Guess what? After running around 500M on Republic Blvd, I had to follow the other guys and rushed off the road and pee at the bushes beside the road. Apologies to the trees, hopefully no harm to them... :ph34r:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ZZIZZ said:

Initially I expected that the flag off time for me would be 4:30AM or at latest 5AM, unfortunately I started out at 5:25AM. Guess what? After running around 500M on Republic Blvd, I had to follow the other guys and rushed off the road and pee at the bushes beside the road. Apologies to the trees, hopefully no harm to them... :ph34r:

Oh... saw a few doing that... can understand why... sigh.. organisers should learn from this..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like overcrowded race. Those is the last few waves will usually encounter bottleneck congestion. Same goes for any race that has to flagged off in waves. It's this reason why I liked community runs, even on PCN,it's still not congested.  Lucky for this run, I was in wave 1. Everything went smoothly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, posfe2 said:

Bro, I can send you mine if you want. I am not big on medals anyways. Pm me if you are interested.

This year's course seems a bit short. My watch reported 20.4km, last year was on the mark.

I started in Wave 2, congestion was alright from my position, too many walkers from Wave 1.

Thanks for the offer, but it is not necessary.  My bib was given by someone else.  So, I already got a free run.

I am just surprised at their attitude.  There will be leftover medals and it will be disposed off.  So, they could taken my name down and contact me later.

Edited by Madmax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in the last wave & was flagged off around 5.35am after a long wait. Secondly, was diverted due to road has to re-open. So short of 2 km. :angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why so many runners like 2XU ? Last years I scare by the number of runners that joined this run so I avoided this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, stalky79 said:

My Garmin 935 shows 20.7km

dont undertsand the mentality of some people ... want to walk walk single file lah... 

This is alway the case in every running event. Some runners walk still queue up in first wave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×