lonewolf

2XU Compression Run 2018 - 8 Apr (Sun)

On 05/01/2018 at 11:00 AM, benchy said:

Reminder that today is the official last day for loyalty and early bird rate.

Oh man.. I forgot about it... wrote in to them and see if anything happens....last day of early bird should be a weekend ...haaa

6 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

Oh man.. I forgot about it... wrote in to them and see if anything happens....last day of early bird should be a weekend ...haaa

Did you try clicking and applying? I almost forgot about it, till few minutes before midnight of 6th Jan then went to the website. By the time I finished registering was 5 mins past midnight but I still managed to get the loyalty rate. 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, akane81 said:

Did you try clicking and applying? I almost forgot about it, till few minutes before midnight of 6th Jan then went to the website. By the time I finished registering was 5 mins past midnight but I still managed to get the loyalty rate. 

Oh... I didn't try it..

I tried now and it Works!...

Edited by AutumnRunner

What's better than an Early Bird Period Extension?

Apparently, an Early Bird Period that doesn't end! :crazysmile:

4 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

Oh... I didn't try it..

I tried now and it Works!...

Great! 

10 minutes ago, akane81 said:

Great! 

Thanks.... 

1 hour ago, lonewolf said:

What's better than an Early Bird Period Extension?

Apparently, an Early Bird Period that doesn't end! :crazysmile:

Hmm.... think by Monday they will either extend the early bird rates or start the normal rates. 

If keep on extending early bird /loyalty period, what does it means? Organiser is generous or signed up runners less than expected?

3 hours ago, Ender said:

If keep on extending early bird /loyalty period, what does it means? Organiser is generous or signed up runners less than expected?

I would prefer to think that it's the former judging from the number of runners who took part in 2017 .

14 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

I just received a reply from the organiser that the loyalty rates will be extendedntill end of the month...

Haha.. so predictable.

Website has been updated to 'extend' the Loyalty/Early Bird Period

5a5378a5d53ed_2018-04-082XUCompressionRunFee2.jpg.94146b5c9c0d9312e1765312f5cae9d4.jpg

Wah.....they so many thousands of runners and still exend the expensive loyalty rates. 

Wonder how much $$$$$$$ they rake in after paying all race event costs & expenses.

14 hours ago, kcslchin said:

Wah.....they so many thousands of runners and still exend the expensive loyalty rates. 

Wonder how much $$$$$$$ they rake in after paying all race event costs & expenses.

the more the merrier right? wahaah..... most important the race logistics and execution must be of "good quality" else the runners will all disappear from the race...

Race Pack Collection

Date: 23 - 25 Mar 2018

Time: 23 Mar (11am - 8pm), 24 & 25 (11am - 7pm)

Venue: Marina Square Level 2 Central Atrium, 6 Raffles Blvd, S039594

Although it's no big deal but I still have to say, the race route is still not out yet... its important for runners to have a feel where they will be running on race day to be mentally prepared..

10 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

Although it's no big deal but I still have to say, the race route is still not out yet... its important for runners to have a feel where they will be running on race day to be mentally prepared..

This isn't news anymore. The race route is mostly released during Race Pack Collection. 

Given the venue, those who have joined HM races around that area can more or less guess the race route. 

Still need mental preparation meh? :crazysmile:

On 09/03/2018 at 8:18 AM, lonewolf said:

This isn't news anymore. The race route is mostly released during Race Pack Collection. 

Given the venue, those who have joined HM races around that area can more or less guess the race route. 

Still need mental preparation meh? :crazysmile:

I just think That it's the responsibility of the organiser to produce such information upfront.. cannot just take runners for granted... I dun really mind since I roughly can guess the route but overseas runners might not be familiar....

1 minute ago, AutumnRunner said:

I just think That it's the responsibility of the organiser to produce such information upfront.. cannot just take runners for granted... I dun really mind since I roughly can guess the route but overseas runners might not be familiar....

I agree with you but for a race like 2XU, frankly, the race route isn't really a factor anymore. 

As for overseas runner,  I think it would be even less of a factor. Put yourself in their shoes, when you decide to join a race overseas, would you really care about the race route? And chances are you won't be familiar anyway (unless you are a regular visitors from neighbouring countries like Malaysia and Indonesia). So why does it even matter? -_-

1 hour ago, AutumnRunner said:

Agreed, I wish those informations are available few weeks or a month instead of after RECP. Sadly this isn't the norm for this type of local/regional races.

On 3/17/2018 at 3:35 AM, lonewolf said:

I agree with you but for a race like 2XU, frankly, the race route isn't really a factor anymore. 

As for overseas runner,  I think it would be even less of a factor. Put yourself in their shoes, when you decide to join a race overseas, would you really care about the race route? And chances are you won't be familiar anyway (unless you are a regular visitors from neighbouring countries like Malaysia and Indonesia). So why does it even matter? -_-

haaa.... if going overseas, i would look at the terrain to see if its flat or hilly... for simple reason of course.... to sight see or fun a fast race...haa