Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

2XU Compression Run 2018 - 8 Apr (Sun)

Clashed with another overseas run I am planning, so will be giving it a miss as well.

No news on Pink Apple's website or Facebook so not sure if they will be back as the organizer again.

In any case this run has always suffered from overcrowding issues as it has passed its peak in terms of participants. If they can somewhat restrict the number of runners (which likely they won't) then it would be ideal.

51 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

same old question... wonder if they will bring the FM category back (I think many will know they wun)....

Chances of them bringing back the FM cat is as good as the chances of you attempting the 101km Craze Ultra lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, beast said:

Chances of them bringing back the FM cat is as good as the chances of you attempting the 101km Craze Ultra lol.

:hair:.... ok... :closed:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AutumnRunner said:

same old question... wonder if they will bring the FM category back (I think many will know they wun)....

I have asked them about this before during one of my interviews. They have told me that they won't be doing so for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prisangel said:

I have asked them about this before during one of my interviews. They have told me that they won't be doing so for the foreseeable future.

yes, I remember I read that from your post... so 2 evening/night (soon to be for SCSM) marathons in Singapore will continue....

2 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

yes, I remember I read that from your post... so 2 evening/night (soon to be for SCSM) marathons in Singapore will continue....

No point having more marathons in Singapore if we are going to have very similar routes for all the marathons. And it is hard to be more creative as logistically it makes sense to have ECP cover a considerable chunk of it. 

Will miss the morning marathon if Ironman Asia manages to materialize their plan to make SCSM start from the evening. But then again Singapore doesn't have the advantage of a cool season like other countries, so it might be for the best that the marathon is shifted to evening.

16 hours ago, beast said:

No point having more marathons in Singapore if we are going to have very similar routes for all the marathons. And it is hard to be more creative as logistically it makes sense to have ECP cover a considerable chunk of it. 

Will miss the morning marathon if Ironman Asia manages to materialize their plan to make SCSM start from the evening. But then again Singapore doesn't have the advantage of a cool season like other countries, so it might be for the best that the marathon is shifted to evening.

it still depends what time it starts... if they do not want the FM runners to end too late (say 11 plus latest), then the race have to start at 5 plus, where the sun is still out in full force... if the race starts at 7pm when the sun sets, it will be 1-2pm when most runners end their race... so it becomes another transport headache....

32 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

if the race starts at 7pm when the sun sets, it will be 1-2pm when most runners end their race...

That's an ultramarathon! :P

37 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

it still depends what time it starts... if they do not want the FM runners to end too late (say 11 plus latest), then the race have to start at 5 plus, where the sun is still out in full force... if the race starts at 7pm when the sun sets, it will be 1-2pm when most runners end their race... so it becomes another transport headache....

...Unless Ironman are able to come to an agreement with SMRT to have public transport in operation, just like how trains end late on New Year's Eve.

Hmm... would they do that?

2 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

It will likely start 5 plus so that the FM winners can complete just after sunset. But even then, the slower runners like me who take 6 hours or more will end up no transport too, especially if we start in the later waves, and want to rest a bit after the run.

...Unless Ironman are able to come to an agreement with SMRT to have public transport in operation, just like how trains end late on New Year's Eve.

Hmm... would they do that?

Not likely. They may offer shuttle buses like what Sundown does to go to selected MRT stations.

Worst case they will just heck care - there are night riders around also. 

I recall I read somewhere IThen organisers were talking about having fireworks after the run. If so, the categories cannot start too late for FM. Else come back midnight already. Won't make much sense to have fireworks too late since runners won't be back yet. Also cannot be too late so as to attract tourists. 

15 hours ago, beast said:

Not likely. They may offer shuttle buses like what Sundown does to go to selected MRT stations.

Worst case they will just heck care - there are night riders around also. 

Sian. Night riders don't service my place.

And my area is almost always never picked when they choose the shuttle bus pick up points.

16 hours ago, wonderfulblevic said:

I recall I read somewhere IThen organisers were talking about having fireworks after the run. If so, the categories cannot start too late for FM. Else come back midnight already. Won't make much sense to have fireworks too late since runners won't be back yet. Also cannot be too late so as to attract tourists. 

fireworks.... meaning registration fees either go up or lesser goodies for us cause some money needed for fireworks...hahha

Sian. Night riders don't service my place.

And my area is almost always never picked when they choose the shuttle bus pick up points.

your area is atas living area is it?:P

9 hours ago, medic said:

your area is atas living area is it?:P

Marine Parade area where got atas????

Marine Parade - ex-PM's area. One of the earliest to get upgrading. Near East Coast & seaside. Considered above average, if not atas. Hee hee

23 hours ago, kcslchin said:

Marine Parade - ex-PM's area. One of the earliest to get upgrading. Near East Coast & seaside. Considered above average, if not atas. Hee hee

You shouldn't assume that Pris stayed in HDB flats. :P

I would think that the private estate and condo in that area certainly qualified as atas. :lol:

12 hours ago, lonewolf said:

You shouldn't assume that Pris stayed in HDB flats. :P

I would think that the private estate and condo in that area certainly qualified as atas. :lol:

LOL... I not rich lah. 

Lonewolf offering to sponsor me condo unit is it? :P 

On 01/11/2017 at 8:26 PM, kcslchin said:

Basically I like the convenience near to ECP lah. Haha. 

Off topic, Joseph Schooling also stays in the area, if I’m not wrong. Lol.