Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

Marina Run 2018 - 10 Feb (Sat)

On 11/02/2018 at 5:08 PM, Top Chan said:

For the 30km slow runners who finished more than 3:30hrs, no fruit (banana and apple) and Herbalife Shake to them. The organiser should take it into consideration for their next 2019 event. 21km & 30 km runners should start earlier.....

Small event.....only Herbalife as a main sponsor. Can Marina Run 2019 improve or grow?

AutumnRunner....why you ran 10km??? You are a fast runner, You should run 30km. 

You no need to have spare cash to join next year 2019, you join the 2019 race as a pacer like Pris Chew (21km pacer).

21km team pacer (Pris Chew) was too fast......(finished at 2:25:55)....early by 5 mins

Umm we didn’t finish 5 minutes faster. Check my bib number (50024) under the official results link. I think that 2 mins difference is still acceptable for Pacer. 

http://results.racetime.sg/cgi-bin/common/results/marinarun2018/search.pl

Edited by prisangel

42 minutes ago, verbatin1969 said:

Pris

Finally saw u in real person at the finishing line. by the way, i noted that your report comes with several interiew.

how do you do the interview? u randomly pick people and ask them?

Hey. Which one were you? Haha. Should have said hi.

Ya it’s just a random number game. Pick any runner in the same race category as me and ask them questions. 

19 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

This race is indeed expensive and I know that 10km starts earlier... I do not want to end too late thus went for 10km.. It's adequate and just right for me now considering the training i had so far..

Yupz true bro! Kinda expensive but I thought you would have signed up for 21km at least! Haha.

34 minutes ago, prisangel said:

Hey. Which one were you? Haha. Should have said hi.

Ya it’s just a random number game. Pick any runner in the same race category as me and ask them questions. 

i finish at 2 hour 31 min. when i saw you, i than know that you are one of the pacer for the 2 hr 30 min.

your pacer group probably just completed the run too. 

when i saw you, i was eating my banana....lol....maybe at that time, u might notice a late 40s uncle looking at you for like 2-3 sec....lol

17 minutes ago, verbatin1969 said:

i finish at 2 hour 31 min. when i saw you, i than know that you are one of the pacer for the 2 hr 30 min.

your pacer group probably just completed the run too. 

when i saw you, i was eating my banana....lol....maybe at that time, u might notice a late 40s uncle looking at you for like 2-3 sec....lol

Haha ya we would have just completed the run not long before you.

Lol why just look at me? I don't bite leh. ;) Can't quite recall if I noticed an uncle in particular eating banana though. There were quite a few people around talking to friends, eating banana, etc.

Just want to ask a small question here...

I just want to see if any of the Marina Run photos for me,  i am searching below websites:

Marina Run facebook page

Runcapture

Running shot

Run Gallery SG

Justranlah

Besides the above, is any main website i am missing?

3 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Pris, maybe verbatin1969 was just a little star struck! :crazysmile:

Hahaha nice one lonewolf. I'm hardly a celebrity compared to people like XiaXue. Hahaha.

41 minutes ago, Haibei1971 said:

I just want to see if any of the Marina Run photos for me,  i am searching below websites:

Marina Run facebook page

Runcapture

Running shot

Run Gallery SG

Justranlah

There's some photos uploaded on the gallery tab of my website, www.prischew.com too. Maybe see if yours could be there?

http://www.prischew.com/herbalife-marina-run-2018-photos/

12 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Pris, maybe verbatin1969 was just a little star struck! :crazysmile:

ya maybe i got star struck without me knowing.until you said it out, 

On 2/13/2018 at 10:13 AM, Haibei1971 said:

Marina Run facebook page

Runcapture

Running shot

Run Gallery SG

Justranlah

One more from Tandaz Photography here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/tandazphotography/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1929150747398464

On 13/02/2018 at 8:12 PM, verbatin1969 said:

ya maybe i got star struck without me knowing.until you said it out, 

LOL:lol:

On 12/02/2018 at 10:08 PM, Hubert84 said:

Yupz true bro! Kinda expensive but I thought you would have signed up for 21km at least! Haha.

Neh... 10km is adequate already this time round...

5 hours ago, yamkamhoong said:

2018 Marina Run result out, got E-certificate? where do click to print out the E-certificate?

I don't think E-certificates are available. There is no mention of E-certificates in the official website.

Did they provide E-certificates for Finishers last Year?

On 2/17/2018 at 2:07 AM, gtlife64 said:

I don't think E-certificates are available. There is no mention of E-certificates in the official website.

Did they provide E-certificates for Finishers last Year?

Actually, the e-certificates are available now: https://www.marinarun.com.sg/results

That's another thumbs up to this race - the Trinity of Race Signup achieved; Finisher Medal + Finisher Tee + Certificate. That's quite rare in Singapore races these days 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2018 at 7:48 PM, NoobieRunner said:

That's another thumbs up to this race - the Trinity of Race Signup achieved; Finisher Medal + Finisher Tee + Certificate. That's quite rare in Singapore races these days 

yea... especially when it's a race which never achieve trinity before...

7 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

yea... especially when it's a race which never achieve trinity before...

Noobie recalled last year also have la bro. 
In fact 2XU Ultra done by the same organiser last year also have the trinity.
However, Noobie can't think of any other Singapore running race organisers to give out medal + fin  tee + certificate.

Pretty sad because almost all of Malaysia races Noobie go to give out all 3 even for some of their 10k races as well.
Don't understand what's so difficult to prepare a certificate template and generate pdf e-certs from results.
So Noobie can only conclude that race organisers here are pretty lazy.

3 hours ago, NoobieRunner said:

However, Noobie can't think of any other Singapore running race organisers to give out medal + fin  tee + certificate.

Really?

I can easily think of at least 2 - SAFRA AHM and SCSM. Looking through the races I joined last yr, CSC Run by the Bay, ST Run and Income Eco Run are also Trinity races. -_-

So that's at least 5 races last yr. There are probably more. Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean don't have. :crazysmile:

2 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Really?

I can easily think of at least 2 - SAFRA AHM and SCSM. Looking through the races I joined last yr, CSC Run by the Bay, ST Run and Income Eco Run are also Trinity races. -_-

So that's at least 5 races last yr. There are probably more. Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean don't have. :crazysmile:

Agreed. Noobie was typing at the spur of the moment to think of the organisers giving out the trinity entitlement in the middle of the night so may have missed out on a few.

Maybe, can start a thread to record (other than ELM medals) on races that give out trinity entitlement. In this way other organisers can step up their game to give out certs. 'cause at the end of the day the one who would benefit would be runners - and that's nothing to complain about   

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, NoobieRunner said:

Maybe, can start a thread to record (other than ELM medals) on races that give out trinity entitlement. In this way other organisers can step up their game to give out certs. 'cause at the end of the day the one who would benefit would be runners - and that's nothing to complain about   

Bro activerun has been maintaining such a list since 2015! 

http://www.sgrunners.com/forum/index.php?/topic/21665-list-of-trinity-race/&

Just because you haven't been paying attention doesn't mean it doesn't exist in sgrunners.com! :crazysmile:

Frankly, race organisers dun really care about 'stepping up their game' by giving out certs. I think most participants dun really care about whether a race is trinity or not when they decide to sign up for a race. 

Most people care about race fee most of all. Then the quality of the race organisation. Then probably entitlement. A well-organised race like 2XU compression run will attract runners even if it's not a Trinity Run. On the other hand, personally, I won't join this race even if its a Trinity Run.

Edited by lonewolf

1 minute ago, lonewolf said:

Bro activerun has been maintaining such a list since 2015! 

http://www.sgrunners.com/forum/index.php?/topic/21665-list-of-trinity-race/&

Just because you haven't been paying attention doesn't mean it doesn't exist in sgrunners.com! :crazysmile:

hehe ...wow! yup didn't realise got such a thread already. Me so paiseh:hair:..... Thanks activerun for creating the thread and lonewolf for pointing Noobie to the link   :goodjob: