Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

Marina Run 2018 - 10 Feb (Sat)

Recommended Posts

masthead.jpg

Website: https://www.marinarun.com.sg/
Registration: https://digitalracesolutions.com.sg/cgi-bin/registration/marinarun2018/prereg.cgi

59f002a5bcef3_2018-02-10MarinaRunFeeEnt.thumb.jpg.dbf828c4907d9ac47d39884e635da1a6.jpg

[Comment] The race that seems to go on and on every year despite lots of negative comments every year. And of cos who can forget about the yucky purple coloured isotonic drink. 

20150214_182559.jpg?w=225&h=300Photo courtesy of bro AR 

And the race is held one week before CNY 2018 (on 16 Feb)

de7e8f52d4bc820c9a623a2dbfd55400131f76a7

Edited by lonewolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This race is still quite packed from the last 2-3 years which i missed... I think many still swarm to this race cause it's an evening race which consist of a HM... this race caters to those who do not want to get up in the wee hours to run a race, they prefer to laze in bed in the morning and prepare for their evening race....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2017 at 10:00 AM, AutumnRunner said:

This race is still quite packed from the last 2-3 years which i missed... I think many still swarm to this race cause it's an evening race which consist of a HM... this race caters to those who do not want to get up in the wee hours to run a race, they prefer to laze in bed in the morning and prepare for their evening race....

yeah i prefer to run in the evening. i cant sleep well (3-4 hours at most) the night before a earning morning race.

will go for this 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, verbatin1969 said:

yeah i prefer to run in the evening. i cant sleep well (3-4 hours at most) the night before a earning morning race.

will go for this 

Yes, I know of a few friends who are less into morning running looking forward to this race....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kcslchin said:

ah.....missed the 2017 edition.

Let's see the pricing for 10km  then consider :rolleyes:

What are the entry fees for 2017 edition? 

Individual

5km Fun Run early bird: SGD38

5km Fun Run Normal : SGD43

10km Early bird : SGD52

10km Normal : SGD60

21km Early bird : SGD60

21km Normal : SGD70

I believe the prices will be similar (with flight inflation) if they are still providing singlet, finisher tee and medal...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the price for the 10K and 21K for the last four yrs. 

   

2014

2015

2016

2017

10K

Early Bird

$40

$45

$50

$52

Normal

$48

$50

$60

$60

           

21K

Early Bird

$50

$55

$59

$60

Normal

$58

$60

$69

$70

My guess. At least $5 inflation. :crazysmile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kcslchin said:

Thanks guys.

Now I remember why I didn't sign up for the 2017 edition - fee breached $50 for 10k :lol:

yes, I also think that's one primary reason why I didn't join other than the purple isotonic drink....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

yes, I also think that's one primary reason why I didn't join other than the purple isotonic drink....

if you recall all my posts for Marina Run over the years, don't think I've ever complained about the purple drink - not that I love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i always prefer an evening run than early morning run. but this is quite close to CNY 2018. not sure if i spare the time to run in this or not. might have early reunion, last min shopping etc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, verbatin1969 said:

i always prefer an evening run than early morning run. but this is quite close to CNY 2018. not sure if i spare the time to run in this or not. might have early reunion, last min shopping etc 

one week before so that u can eat the CNY goodies without too much guilt...hahah....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kcslchin said:

if you recall all my posts for Marina Run over the years, don't think I've ever complained about the purple drink - not that I love it.

hahah.... I skipped it totally and brought my own bottle that year when I ran...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worth to sign up for this race for either the 21km or 30km for those who will be going to Tokyo Marathon 2018 2 weeks later (25 Feb 2018)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2017 at 9:58 PM, Hubert84 said:

Worth to sign up for this race for either the 21km or 30km for those who will be going to Tokyo Marathon 2018 2 weeks later (25 Feb 2018)?

The conditions of the 2 runs are quite different. Personally won't recommend going for 30km so close to race date as the feet might experience fatigue, especially if you are aiming for PB you should be tapering by then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, beast said:

The conditions of the 2 runs are quite different. Personally won't recommend going for 30km so close to race date as the feet might experience fatigue, especially if you are aiming for PB you should be tapering by then. 

@Hubert84 is a different breed... hahhh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

ultra-wannabe?? hahaha....

Better not or I'll be labelled as a "rubbish-bin" runner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, beast said:

The conditions of the 2 runs are quite different. Personally won't recommend going for 30km so close to race date as the feet might experience fatigue, especially if you are aiming for PB you should be tapering by then. 

Thanks a lot for the advice beast! Yupz true, too close to race date. Maybe can just join 21km! Yupz aiming to hit PB at Tokyo Marathon! Hopefully can hit sub-4!

10 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

@Hubert84 is a different breed... hahhh

Haha no la bro! Still need to learn from you guys! Mine is anyhow one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Hubert84 said:

Thanks a lot for the advice beast! Yupz true, too close to race date. Maybe can just join 21km! Yupz aiming to hit PB at Tokyo Marathon! Hopefully can hit sub-4!

Haha no la bro! Still need to learn from you guys! Mine is anyhow one!

sure can bro... with your recent results, and if u continue your "anyhow" training, it would work..... haaa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2017 at 9:59 PM, lonewolf said:

Here's the price for the 10K and 21K for the last four yrs. 

   

2014

2015

2016

2017

10K

Early Bird

$40

$45

$50

$52

Normal

$48

$50

$60

$60

           

21K

Early Bird

$50

$55

$59

$60

Normal

$58

$60

$69

$70

My guess. At least $5 inflation. :crazysmile:

If the table above is correct, then there's price drop for 2018 

Early Bird 10k is $45 and 21k is $55 

:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, kcslchin said:

If the table above is correct, then there's price drop for 2018 

Early Bird 10k is $45 and 21k is $55 

:rolleyes:

hmn.... that sounds like a good move (is it the only one??) for many runners' considerations...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×