Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

Marina Run 2018 - 10 Feb (Sat)

masthead.jpg

Registration: https://digitalracesolutions.com.sg/cgi-bin/registration/marinarun2018/prereg.cgi

59f002a5bcef3_2018-02-10MarinaRunFeeEnt.thumb.jpg.dbf828c4907d9ac47d39884e635da1a6.jpg

[Comment] The race that seems to go on and on every year despite lots of negative comments every year. And of cos who can forget about the yucky purple coloured isotonic drink. 

20150214_182559.jpg?w=225&h=300Photo courtesy of bro AR 

And the race is held one week before CNY 2018 (on 16 Feb)

de7e8f52d4bc820c9a623a2dbfd55400131f76a7

Edited by lonewolf

This race is still quite packed from the last 2-3 years which i missed... I think many still swarm to this race cause it's an evening race which consist of a HM... this race caters to those who do not want to get up in the wee hours to run a race, they prefer to laze in bed in the morning and prepare for their evening race....

On 9/17/2017 at 10:00 AM, AutumnRunner said:

This race is still quite packed from the last 2-3 years which i missed... I think many still swarm to this race cause it's an evening race which consist of a HM... this race caters to those who do not want to get up in the wee hours to run a race, they prefer to laze in bed in the morning and prepare for their evening race....

yeah i prefer to run in the evening. i cant sleep well (3-4 hours at most) the night before a earning morning race.

will go for this 

11 hours ago, verbatin1969 said:

yeah i prefer to run in the evening. i cant sleep well (3-4 hours at most) the night before a earning morning race.

will go for this 

Yes, I know of a few friends who are less into morning running looking forward to this race....

11 hours ago, kcslchin said:

ah.....missed the 2017 edition.

Let's see the pricing for 10km  then consider :rolleyes:

What are the entry fees for 2017 edition? 

Individual

5km Fun Run early bird: SGD38

5km Fun Run Normal : SGD43

10km Early bird : SGD52

10km Normal : SGD60

21km Early bird : SGD60

21km Normal : SGD70

I believe the prices will be similar (with flight inflation) if they are still providing singlet, finisher tee and medal...

Here's the price for the 10K and 21K for the last four yrs. 

Early Bird

$40

$45

$50

$52

Normal

$48

$50

$60

$60

Early Bird

$50

$55

$59

$60

Normal

$58

$60

$69

$70

My guess. At least $5 inflation. :crazysmile:

1 hour ago, kcslchin said:

Thanks guys.

Now I remember why I didn't sign up for the 2017 edition - fee breached $50 for 10k :lol:

yes, I also think that's one primary reason why I didn't join other than the purple isotonic drink....

11 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

yes, I also think that's one primary reason why I didn't join other than the purple isotonic drink....

if you recall all my posts for Marina Run over the years, don't think I've ever complained about the purple drink - not that I love it.

i always prefer an evening run than early morning run. but this is quite close to CNY 2018. not sure if i spare the time to run in this or not. might have early reunion, last min shopping etc 

7 hours ago, verbatin1969 said:

i always prefer an evening run than early morning run. but this is quite close to CNY 2018. not sure if i spare the time to run in this or not. might have early reunion, last min shopping etc 

one week before so that u can eat the CNY goodies without too much guilt...hahah....

12 hours ago, kcslchin said:

if you recall all my posts for Marina Run over the years, don't think I've ever complained about the purple drink - not that I love it.

hahah.... I skipped it totally and brought my own bottle that year when I ran...

Worth to sign up for this race for either the 21km or 30km for those who will be going to Tokyo Marathon 2018 2 weeks later (25 Feb 2018)?

On 10/26/2017 at 9:58 PM, Hubert84 said:

Worth to sign up for this race for either the 21km or 30km for those who will be going to Tokyo Marathon 2018 2 weeks later (25 Feb 2018)?

The conditions of the 2 runs are quite different. Personally won't recommend going for 30km so close to race date as the feet might experience fatigue, especially if you are aiming for PB you should be tapering by then. 

10 hours ago, beast said:

The conditions of the 2 runs are quite different. Personally won't recommend going for 30km so close to race date as the feet might experience fatigue, especially if you are aiming for PB you should be tapering by then. 

@Hubert84 is a different breed... hahhh

21 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

ultra-wannabe?? hahaha....

Better not or I'll be labelled as a "rubbish-bin" runner.

20 hours ago, beast said:

Thanks a lot for the advice beast! Yupz true, too close to race date. Maybe can just join 21km! Yupz aiming to hit PB at Tokyo Marathon! Hopefully can hit sub-4!

10 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

@Hubert84 is a different breed... hahhh

Haha no la bro! Still need to learn from you guys! Mine is anyhow one!

16 hours ago, Hubert84 said:

Thanks a lot for the advice beast! Yupz true, too close to race date. Maybe can just join 21km! Yupz aiming to hit PB at Tokyo Marathon! Hopefully can hit sub-4!

Haha no la bro! Still need to learn from you guys! Mine is anyhow one!

sure can bro... with your recent results, and if u continue your "anyhow" training, it would work..... haaa

On 10/10/2017 at 9:59 PM, lonewolf said:

Here's the price for the 10K and 21K for the last four yrs. 

Early Bird

$40

$45

$50

$52

Normal

$48

$50

$60

$60

Early Bird

$50

$55

$59

$60

Normal

$58

$60

$69

$70

My guess. At least $5 inflation. :crazysmile:

If the table above is correct, then there's price drop for 2018 

Early Bird 10k is $45 and 21k is $55 

:rolleyes:

9 hours ago, kcslchin said:

If the table above is correct, then there's price drop for 2018 

Early Bird 10k is $45 and 21k is $55 

:rolleyes:

hmn.... that sounds like a good move (is it the only one??) for many runners' considerations...