Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

Safari Zoo Run - 27 Jan 2018 (Sat)

Recommended Posts

lonewolf   

banner.jpg

Date:    27 January 2018, Saturday
Time:    Race Village Opens at 6am
Venue:    Singapore Zoo

Website: http://www.safarizoo.run/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SafariZooRunSingapore/
Registration: https://stix.asia/events/59af62ceb0ed9e28da240d10

59b8c9b95be22_2018-01-27SafariZooRunFee.jpg.1556ce02cb08b9a5fb085b47fca77c31.jpg

*Loyal Runner rates applies to past participants of Safari Zoo Run in 2017 only.
**Adult supervision by a registered 5.5km Safari Zoo Run (Non-Competitive) or 2.5km Safari Zoo Dash (Non-Competitive) Adult participant is required. Due to safety reasons, one Adult participant can only be paired with one Kid participant in the same category. Exceptions are allowed on a case-by-case basis (e.g. 2 adults with 3 kids). Please write to us at safarizoorun@hivelocity.com.sg

**Children 3 years & below as of 28 Jan 18 may enter for free (without runner’s entitlements) in the non-competitive categories. An accompanied Adult registration is required.

[COMMENT] The race has shifted from mid Feb to late Jan, possibly to avoid clashing with CNY next yr. This is one of the unique locations for a race in Singapore. Too bad that ever since HiVelocity took over the organisation of the race, the fee has become more expensive. No other details on the other runner's entitlement but if it includes entrance to the zoo and river safari, then may be worth considering. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
beast   

1. Not sure if it is a bit unfair to keep loyalty rates to just 1 year. So I happen to miss this year because I already booked a holiday during your race day, but have been attending for the last 8 years, does that means I am not a loyal supporter of the event?

2. Even discounting the entry fee of about $30 (which you can get even cheaper rates elsewhere, and I am sure Singapore Zoo give Hivelocity a very huge discounted rate for this), $45 is still ex for a 10km run. Plus 10km is 2 loops around the zoo, giving it less rationale to charge more than other 10km runs. 

3. I hope Pink Apple pull another Kids Run on the same day like what they do this year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has this run been here for 10yrs? Cause it has a 10 Years wording in their poster... I have missed out this race totally due to its higher than usual registration fees since it first started... looks like this missing streak will continue...

Edited by AutumnRunner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lonewolf   
1 hour ago, beast said:

1. Not sure if it is a bit unfair to keep loyalty rates to just 1 year. So I happen to miss this year because I already booked a holiday during your race day, but have been attending for the last 8 years, does that means I am not a loyal supporter of the event?

2. Even discounting the entry fee of about $30 (which you can get even cheaper rates elsewhere, and I am sure Singapore Zoo give Hivelocity a very huge discounted rate for this), $45 is still ex for a 10km run. Plus 10km is 2 loops around the zoo, giving it less rationale to charge more than other 10km runs. 

3. I hope Pink Apple pull another Kids Run on the same day like what they do this year.

 

#1 Agree

#2 I think last yr fee includes entrance to River Safari (which is another $30). If you factor that in, it may be worth your while to sign up but only if you are so inclined to stay back after the race to visit the zoo and river safari. If you are not planning to do so, then I agree that this race offers very poor value.

#3 No comments. :crazysmile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lonewolf   
1 hour ago, AutumnRunner said:

Has this run been here for 10yrs? Cause it has a 10 Years wording in their poster... I have missed out this race totally due to its higher than usual registration fees since it first started... looks like this missing streak will continue...

Yup. Hard to believe but true! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
beast   
4 hours ago, lonewolf said:

#1 Agree

#2 I think last yr fee includes entrance to River Safari (which is another $30). If you factor that in, it may be worth your while to sign up but only if you are so inclined to stay back after the race to visit the zoo and river safari. If you are not planning to do so, then I agree that this race offers very poor value.

#3 No comments. :crazysmile:

#2  I checked the Just Run Lah archive and you are right. These are the entitlements this year. Oddly there is no mention of any race entitlements for next year's run.  Suspect is another case of "we are opening registration so that you can hand us your money with no questions asked"

Safari Zoo Run 2017 Race Apparel worth $39.90
Safari Zoo Run 2017 Finisher’s Medal
Free admission to Singapore Zoo worth $33 (on race day, 18 Feb 2017 only)
Free admission to River Safari worth $30 (after 12.30pm on race day, 18 Feb 2017 only)
50% discount voucher to Jurong Bird Park that saves you $14.50 (till 31 Mar 2017)*
50% discount voucher to Night Safari that saves you $22.50 (till 31 Mar 2017)*
Exclusive F&B and Retail offers (on race day, 18 Feb 2017 only)*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PandaC   

After witnessing all the sabotage from event organisers I no longer believe in early bird rates. Let's wait for "last minute promotion" where they push the registration fee lower than what the early birds pay.

It has happened for CSC run, SIA Charity run, even GEWR this year. So there's really no point signing up early. Silly birds fly early.

Edited by PandaC
Added info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, PandaC said:

After witnessing all the sabotage from event organisers I no longer believe in early bird rates. Let's wait for "last minute promotion" where they push the registration fee lower than what the early birds pay.

It has happened for CSC run, SIA Charity run, even GEWR this year. So there's really no point signing up early. Silly birds fly early.

there's also Home Team Real Run......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×