Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Activelifestyle255

Tips for a new runner?

So I'm new in this activity called running, all weekends I get up in the morning, I have breakfast and then I go for a run, I've been doing this for one month now, and I want to know if anyone can give me advice and tips on how to run better, faster and running in general, I'm also a soccer player, so I imagine running is going to help me out, I will have a better condition, and I will learn how to breathe. So it would be nice to hear advice from you guys.

That's a pretty difficult question to answer; Quote: "I want to know if anyone can give me advice and tips on how to run better, faster and running in general"...

First of all, you must understand that one does not suddenly gains endurance overnight from a single training, similar to soccer. To put that in perspective, everyone is different too. Some people trains for 2 weeks and can achieve Gold in IPPT(fitness test) while others need to train 3 months to obtain a Pass. it takes time to build up the endurance in a runner. Many will ditch away this "patience draining" sport once they feel that they don't see vast improvement after 1 month.

So just stick to running consistently. Do you have any objective in mind, like planning for a race with a rough timing? if unsure about how to go about doing it, I can guide you along on this.

Lastly, to be faster, it takes many kinds of training to be in place. as the saying goes, you need to train at that pace to know how to race at that pace but of course not all the time.