Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ryan Kek

Jogging

I have not run for long time since my keencap pain. How do I prevent from getting hurt? Must I do warm up exercise, what kind of warm up exercise should I do before I go for jogging? What is you advise and how far should I go for if I want to start for my jogging. 

Go for a prehab check by a sports physio first. Resting off your knee pain from long ago does not mean the root issues have been settled. A prehab session usually involves a battery of tests to check on muscular strength, flexibility, propioception etc. Iron out all your issues before going back to running. 

I have want to polyclinic to see doctor, the doctor refer me to see physio. Because my leg have not muscular due to lack of exercise. After seeing physio, he suggest me to do leg exercise at home before pick up for jogging. Do you think it will help? Pls advise  

had a sprained ankle a few years back, and had to attend physiotherapy sessions. the physiotherapist prescribed me with a series of exercises to do and also measured my progress. after 4 sessions, she tested my recovery and then declared me "fit for jogging". :(

my suggestion to you is to rehab to strengthen the kneels, before you go for any runs. another suggestion is to lose some weight to reduce the stresses to the kneel.

p/s - just sharing my personal experience, i am neither a professional or medical personnel, pls dont flame me :)

13 hours ago, Ryan Kek said:

I have want to polyclinic to see doctor, the doctor refer me to see physio. Because my leg have not muscular due to lack of exercise. After seeing physio, he suggest me to do leg exercise at home before pick up for jogging. Do you think it will help? Pls advise  

I strongly recommend you to stick to your physio's advice and do the recommended exercises diligently (don't go back to the next appt and said the exercises don't work if you din play your part; I used to have far too many patients like that). Meanwhile, you can start to build up your aerobic fitness via non-weight loading activities such as stationary cycling and swimming.