Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top Chan

BMW Berlin Marathon 2017 - Sun 24th.Sept, 9:15am

Logo 44th BMW BERLIN-MARATHON

http://www.bmw-berlin-marathon.com

https://player.vimeo.com/external/184300115.sd.mp4?s=d03ea2c5a36bd975f97a5e356cf497f62b539317&profile_id=164&oauth2_token_id=81371142

Strecke 2016

There are so many Singapore elite runners such as Kopi-tea Runner Lincoln Han, Ultraman Huang Siau Fei, ......signed up for this marathon. 

If you are keen to run this popular marathon, prepare yourself in 2018 as below: 

Registration 2018

Please find the several options to get an entry for the 45th BMW BERLIN-MARATHON on September 30, 2018* below:

Fast Runners (guaranteed entry)

• Male Runners: under 2:45 hours – Age 45 and up (age group 1973 and older): under 2:55 hours
  • Female runners: under 3:00 hours – Age 45 and up (age group 1973 and older): under 3:20 hours

Tour operators and Charity partners (guaranteed entry)
Entry Drawing Single Runners
 (registration period from October, 18 until November 08, 2017)
Entry Drawing Teams for teams of 2 to 3 runners (registration period from October, 18 until November 08, 2017)
Skate, Handbike, Wheelchair Athletes (from November 09, 2017)
Jubilee-Club (from mid-January 2018) 

More details you will find here at a later stage.

Or stay updated automatically with our newsletter.

*subject to change

On ‎28‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 10:19 AM, AutumnRunner said:

how is the balloting chance to get a slot for this race? Anyone tried and tested?

Balloting is possible and I do have some run kakis who got it on their first try balloting. It is similar to Tokyo Marathon depending on one's luck.

Otherwise, it is ideal to qualify by merit (fast runners timing) to avoid the randomness of balloting.

2 hours ago, trailblazer said:

Balloting is possible and I do have some run kakis who got it on their first try balloting. It is similar to Tokyo Marathon depending on one's luck.

Otherwise, it is ideal to qualify by merit (fast runners timing) to avoid the randomness of balloting.

I definitely cannot qualify by merit cause not that fast... how about the ratio? I remember all Major Marathons have super high ratio and really needs pure luck to get the ballot.

have...u go Berlin marathon Facebook page...if u guess the correct winning time, free slot to 2018 edition....no free oktofest though hahaha

13 minutes ago, kasyes said:

have...u go Berlin marathon Facebook page...if u guess the correct winning time, free slot to 2018 edition....no free oktofest though hahaha

ya man... saw that post.... so I am sure many would be guessing in their mind as well for this interesting Sunday afternoon race for us here...

No World Records broken but it's a good run by Kipchoge... and of course not forgetting Adola who kept pace with him all the way till about 3km left of the race when Kipchoge sprint off after his last hydration point. unsure who Adola didn't take his hydration though but I thought it would be a good "top up" of his body fuel if he did so...

The weather of course did not help much in the record breaking chance and caused 2 big names in the marathon to drop off after 30km... well its still a good race seeing about 30,000 finishers for the FM and I am sure it's getting more and more difficult to get a slot into this well organized race (as I heard)...