Sign in to follow this  
sicklycat

Shape Run - 13th August 2017

20 hours ago, sivakumar said:

Did they have male pacers for this woman rule ?

I remember they did have male pacers, in past editions.

Didn't notice any mention this year (yet).

2 hours ago, sicklycat said:

Thanks

Cause i remember there were but not sure

10 hours ago, sivakumar said:

Thanks

Cause i remember there were but not sure

12 hours ago, sicklycat said:

I wonder if they have any special criteria for the male pacers in this race.... appearance as one of the criteria? hahha

Edited by AutumnRunner

beast   
2 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

I wonder if they have any special criteria for the male pacers in this race.... appearance as one of the criteria? hahha

I don't think any guy needs to be ridiculed in that way and as a payback for their passion in running to be a pacer.

That said, I don't think we should be having male pacers in an all women's run. But that's just me.

3 hours ago, beast said:

I don't think any guy needs to be ridiculed in that way and as a payback for their passion in running to be a pacer.

That said, I don't think we should be having male pacers in an all women's run. But that's just me.

dun be surprised that some male runners might like to be pacers in all women's run...

On 6/28/2017 at 2:59 PM, AutumnRunner said:

dun be surprised that some male runners might like to be pacers in all women's run...

or maybe its the other way around.

some women might like male pacers in an all women's run

On Wednesday, June 28, 2017 at 9:06 AM, AutumnRunner said:

Are you thinking of applying???

On Wednesday, June 28, 2017 at 2:59 PM, AutumnRunner said:

I'm guessing the ones who signed up to be pacers for this event, will likely fall in this category...?

30 minutes ago, sicklycat said:

Are you thinking of applying???

Nope, no pacer experience prior...

29 minutes ago, sicklycat said:

I'm guessing the ones who signed up to be pacers for this event, will likely fall in this category...?

I think so too....

beast   

On 6/28/2017 at 2:59 PM, AutumnRunner said:

Why would I be surprised at all? I think most male runners like that haha.

12 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

Nope, no pacer experience prior...

I think so too....

Which pacer started out with prior experience? 

I think you should go for it.... Sign up first and if you happen to be selected, go for their training runs...

Edited by beast

kcslchin   

A ladies only run. As long as you make use of the body massage, the goodies are worth more than $1,000!  No brainer for ladies to sign up (like some of my colleagues) :P

I had joined Shape Run many years back. I stopped joining for a few years, as it was super crowded - and I thought it was ridiculous that runners need to join multiple queues, at the end of the run (under the blazing sun :hot:), for various goodie bag items.

I decided to join again this year, and thought this year's event was much better than my past experience!

What went well for me:

+ The 10k wasn't crowded - Even though I only reached the start line between 5-10mins before flag-off, I was still able to see the start gantry, and could cross the start line within 1 or 2mins after flag-off. During most of the route (except the 1st km), there was plenty of space.

+ The route had clear distance markers (I saw all, except for 5km). Unfortunately, I wasn't wearing a GPS watch, so I had no idea if the markers are placed at the right locations. My Samsung Health App recorded 9.98km, so the total distance seems to be spot-on!

+ There are quite a few sponsor booths providing post-event F&B (eg: Kellogg's Cereals, Duo provided bread, etc) :stuff:, photo-taking booths, and games.

+ The goodie bag came with many goodies - not just vouchers! I recall a bottle of isotonic, a box of cereals, a bottle of shower foam, many packs of shampoo & hair conditioner, and many many more items!! Plus, I like the design of this year's goodie bag!

+ The goodie bag was given out during Run Carnival, and there is no longer a need to queue for these in the hot sun! :lol:

+ The weather this morning was very nice & cooling, which helped make the run more enjoyable (though that's not due to any effort by organizers!)

What I found disappointing:

- The usual isotonic brands didn't make an appearance. Instead, they provided You.C1000, which I found too sweet. This drink left my throat feeling dry & more thirsty  :thumbsd: . I was lucky I carried my own water bottle that alleviated this issue!

- I thought the run singlet design is nice. However, the cutting is HUGE, and I was swimming in mine! Unfortunately, they ran out of smaller sizes :cray:.

Overall, I think Shape Run had definitely improved vs. my past experience few years back. I sure enjoyed the event today!  :thumbsu:

Edited by sicklycat

Great job girls for completing the Shape Run... seems that the C1000 juice/syrup has come into the isotonic world of races where its provided as a form of hydration... I tried it once during my last race too and it's really sweet. The race provided it only at the end though and not during the race....

• Thanks 1

beast   
2 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

Great job girls for completing the Shape Run... seems that the C1000 juice/syrup has come into the isotonic world of races where its provided as a form of hydration... I tried it once during my last race too and it's really sweet. The race provided it only at the end though and not during the race....

I also think it is too sweet to be served as isotonic. This should be just a one off thing (anyone know who is the race organizer)? Doubt that it will stay as a choice for isotonic in other runs.

20 hours ago, beast said:

I also think it is too sweet to be served as isotonic. This should be just a one off thing (anyone know who is the race organizer)? Doubt that it will stay as a choice for isotonic in other runs.

Pink Apple is organizer for Shape Run.