Date: 11 November 2017 (Sat)
Time: 5am – 12pm
Venue: F1 Pit Building

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yolorunsg/
Registration: https://www.sbbhosted.com/event/yolo-run-singapore-2017-32

59449e0015463_2017-11-11YOLOFee.thumb.jpg.b2b424973775e1e7c625bf0eb259d26d.jpg

19146215_1369263533170167_82604506830002

19225966_1369263563170164_81196868774468

[COMMENT] Interesting. Another 2XU sponsored event. Looks like 2XU 'exclusive' partnership with Pink Apple is over and they are now open to working with other race organisers like Epic-ESR and X-Change Event. Yup! Another X-Change Event race (YAXR?) 1st time XE is organising an HM so could be patchy given their recent record. I wondered if they failed to secure isotonic sponsorship whether they will attempt to run one without giving isotonic along the route. So who is keen to join? :crazysmile:

Edited by lonewolf

6 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

Was YOLO run last year also organised by them?

I think it was organised by X-Change Republic, which is the parent company of X-Change Event. XE was only set up late last yr or early this yr. 

14 hours ago, lonewolf said:

I think it was organised by X-Change Republic, which is the parent company of X-Change Event. XE was only set up late last yr or early this yr. 

Most probably by the same group of people....

1 hour ago, AutumnRunner said:

Most probably by the same group of people....

Alamak.. of cos same group of people lah.. u understand the meaning of 'parent company' or not? :fish:

By the way, there is a company known as YOLO RUN CORPORATION PTE. LTD. (set up in Jan 2017) that 'holds the master franchise agreement holder for the trademark of the Yolo Run. The company's vision is to introduce the Singapore curated run event with their unique and signature CSR element to an international audience.'

And if you are curious about one of the chaps behind X-Change group of companies, look >> here  

Edited by lonewolf

16 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

Alamak.. of cos same group of people lah.. u understand the meaning of 'parent company' or not? :fish:

By the way, there is a company known as YOLO RUN CORPORATION PTE. LTD. (set up in Jan 2017) that 'holds the master franchise agreement holder for the trademark of the Yolo Run. The company's vision is to introduce the Singapore curated run event with their unique and signature CSR element to an international audience.'

And if you are curious about one of the chaps behind X-Change group of companies, look >> here  

oh is it, I thought it can be a totally different group but just headed by someone from the parent company... not so good with these infact...

Unfortunately X-Change Events Group manage to out-do themselves once again yesterday at DreamWorks Day Run...

See the situation below... :( 

For your consideration when joining their next events YOLO Run, REAL Run, Runners League and Run Free.

Screen Shot 2017-06-25 at 09.39.31.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-25 at 09.43.45.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-25 at 09.43.57.png

I thought Runner's League was bad. Reading the above facebook comment, really got much worst organise run.

You have to hand it to X-Change Events. It takes a special kind of talent to screw up every race that you organise.

Not only that, I think they had done irreparable damage to the reputation of brands like Meiji and now Dreamworks. Those who signed up for the races won't care that it was X-Change Events who screw things up. As far as they are concerned, it was Meiji and Dreamworks that were behind the run. 

It's a race with many categories and special considerations need to be planned.. looks like some in fb do know that x-change is to be blamed. 

Edited by AutumnRunner

19 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Not only that, I think they had done irreparable damage to the reputation of brands like Meiji and now Dreamworks. Those who signed up for the races won't care that it was X-Change Events who screw things up. As far as they are concerned, it was Meiji and Dreamworks that were behind the run. 

Actually, I think most recreational runners do not realise there are separate events companies behind these runs - I didn't too, when I first started joining events... till I got educated by fellow forummers here!

In any case, I guess its wise for me to skip YOLO this year!

This thread reminded me of the hiccups at last year's event (I was walking to the start line, when I was told the run had been cancelled due to impending bad weather... So I went to collect the goodie bag that included a huge yoga mat, only to hear that the run was still on... The queue for bag deposit was crazy long by then, so I ended up walking the route with the huge yoga mat! After coming back from the route, the event area was also a mess, and it took a while to figure out where the yoga session was being held :thumbsdown:) ...... I had thought the organisers were just unlucky to be affected by weather conditions last year, but hearing all the feedback here, I guess they are just bad at their job overall! :shok:

Edited by sicklycat

On 6/25/2017 at 4:19 PM, AutumnRunner said:

It's a race with miss categories and special considerations need to be planned.. looks like some in fb do know that x-change is to be blamed. 

what are " miss" categories?

On ‎26‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 8:17 AM, sicklycat said:

Actually, I think most recreational runners do not realise there are separate events companies behind these runs - I didn't too, when I first started joining events... till I got educated by fellow forummers here!

In any case, I guess its wise for me to skip YOLO this year!

This thread reminded me of the hiccups at last year's event (I was walking to the start line, when I was told the run had been cancelled due to impending bad weather... So I went to collect the goodie bag that included a huge yoga mat, only to hear that the run was still on... The queue for bag deposit was crazy long by then, so I ended up walking the route with the huge yoga mat! After coming back from the route, the event area was also a mess, and it took a while to figure out where the yoga session was being held :thumbsdown:) ...... I had thought the organisers were just unlucky to be affected by weather conditions last year, but hearing all the feedback here, I guess they are just bad at their job overall! :shok:

Can't imagine walking the race with the yoga mat.. luckily the race is not 21km long... hahah

2 hours ago, medic said:

what are " miss" categories?

amended to "many"... haaa

On 6/25/2017 at 0:59 PM, lonewolf said:

You have to hand it to X-Change Events. It takes a special kind of talent to screw up every race that you organise.

I honestly don't know how it is possible to not just have more manpower allocated to the events, and having not even the most basic common sense like having drink stations at the carnival.

I am guessing they just simply don't care. They are just here for profits, run away when the company name has stunk, and set up another new company next time. 

And sadly, there are no official governing bodies that can look into this.

On 6/25/2017 at 4:19 PM, AutumnRunner said:

It's a race with many categories and special considerations need to be planned.. looks like some in fb do know that x-change is to be blamed. 

Most of them refer to "organizers". I don't think most of them know, just venting out their frustrations.

Edited by beast

10 hours ago, beast said:

I honestly don't know how it is possible to not just have more manpower allocated to the events, and having not even the most basic common sense like having drink stations at the carnival.

I am guessing they just simply don't care. They are just here for profits, run away when the company name has stunk, and set up another new company next time. 

And sadly, there are no official governing bodies that can look into this.

Most of them refer to "organizers". I don't think most of them know, just venting out their frustrations.

Edited by sivakumar

Went to Suntec at 3pm today to collect race pack. Waiting period took more than 1 hour to collect items due to long queue even though there were 10 counters. 

For those who have yet to collect to take note over the weekend.

Many of the forummers here guessed correctly - the YOLO race pack collection was apparently quite horrid, from the barrage of complaints on FB...... I did a quick glance, and there were complaints of wrong apparel size vs. what was indicated during registration, no more apparel size, long queue, etc......I even read comments of people being asked to leave without the pack - after queuing for 3hrs?!?! :startle:

Edited by sicklycat

Goodness! Just when you think they can't possible screwed up any worse. 

I dun get it. 10 counters should be sufficient to deal with any reasonably sized crowd. So something must be wrong with the ways things are organised or the volunteers are not briefed properly. Probably no bar scanner to speed up the process. If IC needs to be keyed in manually one by one, it can slow things down. 

Check out some of the photos from FB.

This is the final holding area.

23130814_10214998732145851_1231814818426

And here's the queue spilling over to the other holding areas ..

23167736_10155869977733343_2371772642032

23172529_10212209787217258_9144333798193

23167545_10213883082647332_5005858939800

Edited by lonewolf

I read somewhere, that they have double the number of participants from last year.

EDIT: Found the FB post...

20171106_072849.png

Edited by sicklycat