TimeMachinex

Newton Challenge 2017 - 29 Oct (Sun), Marina Barrage

2 hours ago, yh90 said:

i choose 3 if im you. Wedding is a super special to a person in his or her lifetime.

@jerrylam already made his stand and decided so he can eat lots and more at the wedding...hahah

10 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

@jerrylam already made his stand and decided so he can eat lots and more at the wedding...hahah

A wedding is once in a lifetime (i hope), but there is always another FM another time. 

1 hour ago, jerrylam said:

A wedding is once in a lifetime (i hope), but there is always another FM another time. 

ya man.... just enjoy la... a race is quite tiring even if u manage to come back on time....

44 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

Anyone has any infor on the pacers for this race? I can't find any information anywhere...

You're looking for pacers to hit sub 3hrs for 32km? Don't need lah, you can do it yourself already LOL

2 hours ago, jerrylam said:

You're looking for pacers to hit sub 3hrs for 32km? Don't need lah, you can do it yourself already LOL

cannot cannot... I calculated the pace and confirm cannot achieve with my current fitness...

It's no meaning of 32.195 km category because it is not and will never be a certified race course and hopefully the organizer can revert it back to 32 km.

Hardly a Trinity Run organized by PinkApple (only once in the blue moon).

3 minutes ago, activerun said:

It's no meaning of 32.195 km category because it is not and will never be a certified race course and hopefully the organizer can revert it back to 32 km.

hhaaaa.... this is true if we go to the exact decimal... 195m over the 32000m course actually has a small difference of 0.6%.. sometimes some race organisers have more than 3% of error in their distances also.. soooo.... ok la.. just 195m... but it will be different when I have crossed the 32km mark and wonder why the 195m feels so longgggg.... :roadrage:

Shuttle Bus tickets now available for purchase. Very strange no announcement on FB or prominently highlighted on website or links to the page. Instead, the info is buried deep in the FAQ.

Details >> http://newtonchallenge.com/shuttlebus.html

Purchase >> https://regonline.activeglobal.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=2026450

59d87a40a4cbd_2017-10-29NewtonChallengeShuttleBust.thumb.jpg.541d8ad11ea961673a46ef928e09285b.jpg

Very limited pick up for 21K. Those running 21K have no choice but to take the 32K shuttle bus if we are not staying in Boon Lay, Pasir Ris, Tampines, Woodlands or Yishun.

1 hour ago, yh90 said:

Wonder what the route will be like..

Did you run in 2016? It would be the same route if not 90% similar.  

1 hour ago, beast said:

I did. But they may change route, though ecp cannot siam.

1 hour ago, yh90 said:

I did. But they may change route, though ecp cannot siam.

Running to and back from ECP confirm won't change. Last year the last 5km for 32km leg they make runners run towards MBS and then loop back. If there is any change they can possibly make runners run the 5km at ECP instead. Other than that, I don't foresee how they will change the route.

3 hours ago, beast said:

I've yet to know any of the 2016 runners who enjoyed the "Marina Mountain" at the barrage. I will gladly take more of ECP than this. :)

7 minutes ago, okw said:

I've yet to know any of the 2016 runners who enjoyed the "Marina Mountain" at the barrage. I will gladly take more of ECP than this. :)

You mean the up slope at Marina Barrage? I better incorporate some training there before race day...just in case.

1 hour ago, jerrylam said:

You mean the up slope at Marina Barrage? I better incorporate some training there before race day...just in case.

Actually I've never felt the marina barrage concentric slope is that bad. Going up is of course a bit tougher but there's also the long enjoyable downslope. Or is it just me?

19 hours ago, wonderfulblevic said:

Actually I've never felt the marina barrage concentric slope is that bad. Going up is of course a bit tougher but there's also the long enjoyable downslope. Or is it just me?

Nope. It's not 'just you'. I agree that it's not that bad because it's short. The problem is that most of our training routes are likely flat and there's isn't many places in Spore that you can train for slopes. 

On 10/6/2017 at 2:06 PM, activerun said:

Isn't this a full marathon but short-change participants of 10km? :rolleyes2:

Race Guide >> http://newtonchallenge.com/img/racebooklet/NC2017_RaceBooklet.pdf

Race Route >> http://newtonchallenge.com/img/route/NC2017_RaceRoute.pdf

59e80cb1415e6_2017-10-29NewtonChallengeRaceRoute.thumb.jpg.ab16b86a6e692ce9eb0131a09bc54c45.jpg

As expected, its the same route as last yr. Anyone with any illusion that the route will change is just deluding themselves. :crazysmile:

Race organiser likes to run on 'Auto mode'. Why stir the pot when there's no need to? Especially with a route that has been approved previously. Higher chance that it would be re-approved compared to a new route. Correct? 

Edited by lonewolf

I didn't take part in Newton Challenge for the last 3 years. The last one i took part still required 32km runners to do 1 1/2 loops at ECP. So this route is new for me. 

20 minutes ago, jerrylam said:

I didn't take part in Newton Challenge for the last 3 years. The last one i took part still required 32km runners to do 1 1/2 loops at ECP. So this route is new for me. 

that's a long time ago liaoz bro... maybe if you took part in the Newton race even earlier, it's 3 loops of 10km in ECP.... hahahha

3 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Race Guide >> http://newtonchallenge.com/img/racebooklet/NC2017_RaceBooklet.pdf

Race Route >> http://newtonchallenge.com/img/route/NC2017_RaceRoute.pdf

As expected, its the same route as last yr. Anyone with any illusion that the route will change is just deluding themselves. :crazysmile:

Race organiser likes to run on 'Auto mode'. Why stir the pot when there's no need to? Especially with a route that has been approved previously. Higher chance that it would be re-approved compared to a new route. Correct? 

Last year only the 32km runners need to do the loop towards MBS and back. This year it seems like everyone needs to do that.

So still a change I guess? Haha.

Just now, AutumnRunner said:

that's a long time ago liaoz bro... maybe if you took part in the Newton race even earlier, it's 3 loops of 10km in ECP.... hahahha

3 loops of 10km? Heng i never have to do that. 

44 minutes ago, jerrylam said:

3 loops of 10km? Heng i never have to do that. 

i try to recall more just now and think its in 2010... where the singlet has a big date at the back saying, "10.10.10".... the date of the race with 3 loops of 10km... hahahh... u heng man...

4 hours ago, beast said:

Last year only the 32km runners need to do the loop towards MBS and back. This year it seems like everyone needs to do that.

So still a change I guess? Haha.

No leh. I ran the 21K last yr. Also, need to loop towards MBS and back.

For the avoidance of doubt, here's last yr route.

57fcc158d9fb8_2016-10-31NC21K.thumb.jpg.e9a691e37522dc319cfd0b30d7a2a295.jpg

57fcc15c79468_2016-10-31NC32K.thumb.jpg.0ce13853328216753c365876de84dbc8.jpg

But I stand corrected. It's not 100% the same route though. :crazysmile:The start pt has been shifted after the Barrage bridge which mean the bridge will be used as a holding pen. 

Edited by lonewolf