Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lonewolf

SG Xiao Lang Running Club

39 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Continuing from our discussion that began in this thread .

This thread is for the discussion on SG Xiao Lang Running Club

The membership criteria as set out by Chairman @jerrylam will be as below:

1. Must have completed at least 50 races (any distance) to date

2. Must take part in at least 5 races (any distance with at least 1 full marathon) a year

3. Must have done at least once running in 2 or more races over 2 or more consecutive weekends (b2b)

Edited by lonewolf

Based on the membership criteria, I am pleased that I am officially not a Xiao Lang. Hang Ah:crazysmile:

Cos I failed criteria #2 since I stopped running FM nowadays. 

But based on the criterias, I think many members here would easily qualify. 

Noobie is still noob. Got membership for the junior version i.e  Xiao Noob Runner? :whistle:

Posted (edited)

Wah bro @lonewolf, salute to you for creating a totally new thread for this satire running club hahaha

Base on the criteria listed, easily many will qualify automatically. But why did you stop running FM? 

Edited by jerrylam

wah... bro @lonewolfreally onzz to create this so fast... steady...

Anyway to meet criteria 1, the person would most prob be in their 30s liaoz... so your running club might not have the runners in the 20s....hahah.....

Anyway I think I just make it to qualify only for criteria 3: Recent 2017 Sundown and 2XU dates were close enough... hahah

2 hours ago, NoobieRunner said:

Noobie is still noob. Got membership for the junior version i.e  Xiao Noob Runner? :whistle:

You are correct, bro Noob. You dun qualify for membership because you are in a class of your own - the Sibei Xiao B2B Lang. And that's why you qualify as an honorary member. 

1 hour ago, jerrylam said:

Wah bro @lonewolf, salute to you for creating a totally new thread for this satire running club hahaha

Base on the criteria listed, easily many will qualify automatically. But why did you stop running FM? 

I stopped running FM for the simple reason that I was not training with the volume and intensity needed to complete a FM comfortably. 

12 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

Anyway to meet criteria 1, the person would most prob be in their 30s liaoz... so your running club might not have the runners in the 20s....hahah.....

Anyway I think I just make it to qualify only for criteria 3: Recent 2017 Sundown and 2XU dates were close enough... hahah

Not true lah. As usual, you failed again :fish:

I think it's possible to chalk up 50 races within 2-3 yrs. So unless you get the running bug very late (like me), it definitely possible to be in your 20s and qualify for this club.

Frankly, b2b is quite trivial to achieve, especially with so many races nowadays. Chairman did not specify the distance for the B2B, so even two b2b 5K qualifies.  

3 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

Not true lah. As usual, you failed again :fish:

I think it's possible to chalk up 50 races within 2-3 yrs. So unless you get the running bug very late (like me), it definitely possible to be in your 20s and qualify for this club.

Frankly, b2b is quite trivial to achieve, especially with so many races nowadays. Chairman did not specify the distance for the B2B, so even two b2b 5K qualifies.  

well, I didn't start very early and took me more than double your 2-3yrs mentioned to hit 50 races... say 3yrs to hit 50 races, meaning 17 races per year and about 1.5 races per month... not un-doable but quite intense for me la.... hahhaha

15 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Continuing from our discussion that began in this thread .

This thread is for the discussion on SG Xiao Lang Running Club

The membership criteria as set out by Chairman @jerrylam will be as below:

1. Must have completed at least 50 races (any distance) to date

2. Must take part in at least 5 races (any distance with at least 1 full marathon) a year

3. Must have done at least once running in 2 or more races over 2 or more consecutive weekends (b2b)

Noobie think can take inspiration from the Marathon Maniac criteria and tweak abit http://www.marathonmaniacs.com/maniac-criteria

Yup #3 b2b of 5K will also qualify and easy to achieve for me. In short not xiao lang enuff 

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, NoobieRunner said:

Noobie think can take inspiration from the Marathon Maniac criteria and tweak abit http://www.marathonmaniacs.com/maniac-criteria

Yup #3 b2b of 5K will also qualify and easy to achieve for me. In short not xiao lang enuff 

wah... someone say @jerrylam criteria for #3 not Xiao lang enough leh.... but if overly Xiao lang, I think only you and chairman inside the running club only.... I think maybe still have @prisangel who can qualify....

Edited by AutumnRunner

4 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

wah... someone say @jerrylam criteria for #3 not Xiao lang enough leh.... but if overly Xiao lang, I think only you and chairman inside the running club only.... I think maybe still have @prisangel who can qualify....

Someone mentioned earlier that b2b without minimal total distance can be achieved like 2 5Ks in a row. Look at the marathon maniac criteria for the lowest qualification aka Bronze Award;-

"BRONZE LEVEL
2 Marathons within a 16 day time frame.
3 Marathons within a 90 day time frame."

There is both distance as well as time frame. I think the original proposal by the chairman is missing out on the minimal distance part and it can be a loophole for future xiao lang wannabe to exploit ....lol 

25 minutes ago, NoobieRunner said:

Someone mentioned earlier that b2b without minimal total distance can be achieved like 2 5Ks in a row. Look at the marathon maniac criteria for the lowest qualification aka Bronze Award;-

"BRONZE LEVEL

There is both distance as well as time frame. I think the original proposal by the chairman is missing out on the minimal distance part and it can be a loophole for future xiao lang wannabe to exploit ....lol 

in fact when I read through the website as mentioned by @NoobieRunner, I am quite amazed that there are people who can complete marathons after marathons just within a short timeframe... I can only conclude that......... USA really has a lot of marathon races.... and of course, there are lots of Xiao langs around......

1 hour ago, NoobieRunner said:

"BRONZE LEVEL

Yes, the minimal distance part was excluded on purpose to include as many xiao lang as possible...cos the only xiao lang i know so far that can do HM, FM or ultra b2b is no other than our bro @NoobieRunner :lol:

Posted (edited)

I also think criteria too simple lol... here is my proposed revision:

From 2015 to 2017 you need to:

1.      Took part in at least 50 paid runs

2.      Took part in at least 2 B2B runs over consecutive days (each B2B combo must cover at least 1 FM distance, or total distance clocked must be at least 50km)

3.      Took part in at least 2 B2B runs over consecutive weeks (each B2B combo must cover at least 1 FM distance, or total distance clocked must be at least 100km)

Edited by beast

34 minutes ago, beast said:

2.      Took part in at least 2 B2B runs over consecutive days (each B2B combo must cover at least 1 FM distance, or total distance clocked must be at least 50km)

3.      Took part in at least 2 B2B runs over consecutive weeks (each B2B combo must cover at least 1 FM distance, or total distance clocked must be at least 100km)

I already failed criteria #1 for the revised version....i only take part in 7-8 races a year, so it's less than 50% of the required 50 races over the 3 years LOL!!!

Maybe this one we reserve for 'Ultra Xiao Lang' category....the cream of the xiaos!!

1 hour ago, beast said:

this is getting more and more Xiao liaoz.... the direction is swerved towards an Ultramarathon runner who has deep pockets.... :roadrage:

1 hour ago, AutumnRunner said:

this is getting more and more Xiao liaoz.... the direction is swerved towards an Ultramarathon runner who has deep pockets.... :roadrage:

I'm waiting to see who will be the first xiao lang that can do b2b ultras over 2 consecutive weekend (minimum 150km)...i'm hedging my bet on @NoobieRunner!!!

15 minutes ago, jerrylam said:

I'm waiting to see who will be the first xiao lang that can do b2b ultras over 2 consecutive weekend (minimum 150km)...i'm hedging my bet on @NoobieRunner!!!

During the last Sundown 100km, there were Xiao langs that ran Craze Ultra 101km in the previous week, and coming back for the 100km in the subsequent week......

3 minutes ago, beast said:

During the last Sundown 100km, there were Xiao langs that ran Craze Ultra 101km in the previous week, and coming back for the 100km in the subsequent week......

:startle: ...

54 minutes ago, beast said:

Wahhh....those are candidates for the annual UltraSiao award!! Really scary!! 

On 2017-4-26 at 2:51 PM, jerrylam said:

Wahhh....those are candidates for the annual UltraSiao award!! Really scary!! 

Noobie knows some of those runners who are no longer running now. For Noobie it's the lasting that matters; not the timing, the running clubs you join, etc. You don't want to get permanently injured in the activity you love.  

1 person likes this

On ‎20‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:22 AM, NoobieRunner said:

Noobie knows some of those runners who are no longer running now. For Noobie it's the lasting that matters; not the timing, the running clubs you join, etc. You don't want to get permanently injured in the activity you love.  

you mean they were injured due to the b2b ultra and was sidelined till now?

On 5/22/2017 at 10:20 AM, AutumnRunner said:

you mean they were injured due to the b2b ultra and was sidelined till now?

cant say that they were injured by the combo. But what was common was that they were doing b2bs recklessly without giving their bodies due rest and now no longer in the running scene.

Noobie not sure about you bro, but do you have acquaintances or friends that also dropped out of the running scene over a period of time? And if so, is it mostly injury related?
When Noobie started out, there were many 'legends' in the running scene but now most are gone.
Noobie is hoping such a fate does not fall on Noobie. 

1 hour ago, NoobieRunner said:

cant say that they were injured by the combo. But what was common was that they were doing b2bs recklessly without giving their bodies due rest and now no longer in the running scene.

Noobie not sure about you bro, but do you have acquaintances or friends that also dropped out of the running scene over a period of time? And if so, is it mostly injury related?
When Noobie started out, there were many 'legends' in the running scene but now most are gone.
Noobie is hoping such a fate does not fall on Noobie. 

You mean those guys developed a real phobia or paranoia for running after the torment they put themselves through? And so bad that they stopped running altogether??? 

46 minutes ago, jerrylam said:

You mean those guys developed a real phobia or paranoia for running after the torment they put themselves through? And so bad that they stopped running altogether??? 

Noobie not sure of some other reasons but some gave up definitely because of injury. At first Noobie saw one of them wearing one leg brace. Then 2. Even at that stage was walking with a bow leg walking gait. And yet still pushed on running marathons. Not just 1 but something like 15-20 over per year. Now no longer can do marathons but only do 10K or HM and HM result around 3h30 or 4h. 

Then another Noobie met a few months back. Become super  bui bui already. But last time when running Noobie remember he  very haolian. When overtake Noobie, go and scold Noobie to run faster. Then when met up the last time, talk so humble and low tone voice. Said doctor told him he don't have a marathoner physique in the first place. Now injured and only doing the occasional 5K fun run. Shook Noobie hand and told Noobie to keep it up. 

Edited by NoobieRunner
1 person likes this

53 minutes ago, NoobieRunner said:

Noobie not sure of some other reasons but some gave up definitely because of injury. At first Noobie saw one of them wearing one leg brace. Then 2. Even at that stage was walking with a bow leg walking gait. And yet still pushed on running marathons. Not just 1 but something like 15-20 over per year. Now no longer can do marathons but only do 10K or HM and HM result around 3h30 or 4h. 

Then another Noobie met a few months back. Become super  bui bui already. But last time when running Noobie remember he  very haolian. When overtake Noobie, go and scold Noobie to run faster. Then when met up the last time, talk so humble and low tone voice. Said doctor told him he don't have a marathoner physique in the first place. Now injured and only doing the occasional 5K fun run. Shook Noobie hand and told Noobie to keep it up. 

Wanna be xiao lang also not easy horr. That's why i'm also limiting myself to not more than 7-8 races a year these days to keep my legs functional for many more years to come. In my opinion, most of us are not born with the physiques of marathoners. Each marathon or ultra takes a heavy toll on our body. The whole system will be going into overdrive to sustain the extreme stress the body is taking.  

But if we push ourselves too far, too hard and too frequently, that's when the body snaps.....and injuries become chronic. Moral of the story; kiang si hoh, mai gei kiang!