lonewolf

CSC Run by the Bay 2017 - 01 Oct (Sun)

beast   
5 hours ago, mover said:

Problem for this race is the offer only come after the registration date end and then extended. Unless we got insider news, we may miss the date and give this race a miss.

I have been supporting this run for the past years when it is under Pink Apple. Not anymore this year since it switches to Hivelocity.

For anyone who has been a bit more active here, we (or at least me) have already sort of blacklist Hivelocity due to their past track records of screwing early birds. So no need insider news - WE are the insider news.

4 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

that's the time they consolidate all the registration and realized that its not adequate.... hahah

I don't think we are still living in the stone age where we still to "consolidate" registration numbers.....

The registration platform should give them the numbers instantly and they would have know they are lacking in numbers before the registration closes.

so let's see how this year race would go.. I can forgive them on the early bird registration but the race logistics better be good for this race as I had taken part in this race for many years and don't want to affect the streak due to the change of Logistic Company for the event... let's see....

lonewolf   
21 hours ago, prisangel said:

How did Soh Rui Yong win his marathon gold medal at the SEA Games?

Classic siege mentality! 

Stir things up by taking on management. Create a 'me-vs-them' situation and tells yourself that 'you will show them.' Which he did.

But frankly, I think only he could have pulled it off :crazysmile:

On 9/17/2017 at 12:33 PM, lonewolf said:

Classic siege mentality! 

Stir things up by taking on management. Create a 'me-vs-them' situation and tells yourself that 'you will show them.' Which he did.

But frankly, I think only he could have pulled it off :crazysmile:

yea... i like his mentality... never give in....!!!

Race Entry Pack Collection

Date  23-24 September 2017 (Sat & Sun)

Venue

Civil Service Club, Tessensohn Clubhouse
 Level 4 Ballroom
 60 Tessensohn Road, 217664
Time  11am-7pm

PandaC   
On 14/09/2017 at 11:50 AM, beast said:

I don't think organizers give a damn. Hivelocity has done this countless times, and they are also not the only one doing this.

I have started not to sign up for early rates for any races anymore, other than those that I know I will join yearly like 2XU, Run 350/Income Run etc.  But I will still monitor if there is any change in organizers and if they start screwing early birds (like Yellow Ribbon run).

For those I am sitting on the fence, if they continue to offer lower rates, I will consider joining. If not, I will either buy a bib or not go for it anymore.

Can't agree more. Sickening organiser keeps making a mockery of early birds. In future I will do what u mentioned in your last paragraph.

32 minutes ago, PandaC said:

Can't agree more. Sickening organiser keeps making a mockery of early birds. In future I will do what u mentioned in your last paragraph.

I believe if this is going to happen to many of us in the decision making, then soon all races will come out with this special discounts cause there would always not be adequate sign ups....

lonewolf   

Race guide here >> http://www.cscrun.com/2017/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/CSC-Run-By-The-Bay-2017-Race-Guide.pdf

Race Route >> http://www.cscrun.com/race-route/

21K runners pls note: Runners who did not manage to reach East Coast Park Carpark B1 (16KM mark) by 8:30AM will be swept unto the sweeper bus at Carpark B1.

Race collection was at least 3 times as long this yr. Last yr, the queue was short and fast moving. In and out in probably around 10mins or so. This yr the queue at ard 11+ was at least 50 deep and took more than 30mins. 

Also the race pack this yr was the worst for this race that I can remember for a long time. Probably the race ever IIRC.

Interesting that things seem to get worse compared to Pink Apple last yr. Coincidence or actuality? You be the judge! :crazysmile:

Of cos, final evaluation will take place after race day. -_-

I also realised that the race collection is long this year.... from my memories, it's the longest i have queued for this race... about 20-30mins or so when i arrived at 12pm...

There are a total of 7 counters for individuals when i was there (a few laptops has no one manning them), 1 counter as information counter and 1 counter for Ekiden... The funny thing is, the ekiden runners who collect the race pack have to queue as per the same as those who took part in  individual categories..

The race pack is quite pathetic.... anyway what is that "blue droplet" for?

mover   

I collected at 2pm. Although got queue but still ok. Maybe about 20 person in front of me. 

3 hrs cut off timing for 16 km . That one of the most tight cut off timing I see recently. It manageable for me but I wonder why the strict cut off time. 

Edited by mover

21 hours ago, mover said:

I collected at 2pm. Although got queue but still ok. Maybe about 20 person in front of me. 

3 hrs cut off timing for 16 km . That one of the most tight cut off timing I see recently. It manageable for me but I wonder why the strict cut off time. 

should be because of strict road closure given by Authority...