lonewolf

CSC Run by the Bay 2017 - 01 Oct (Sun)

Medal design is out ! Circular with a slight deviation in design for most medals... simple design both front and back...

FB_IMG_1499747629610.thumb.jpg.1362536c5e972e36928baf00fee97bba.jpg

lonewolf   

Nice! :thumbsu:

It's funny that with all the fancy shapes that we had seen over the years, there's something about the traditional round shape of a race medal that is timeless and unbeatable. 

On 7/11/2017 at 11:17 PM, kcslchin said:

Medal looks very nice and ahem, governmental or public service :lol:

As usual... haaa

lonewolf   
20 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

The lanyard looks a bit different too without the crest..... 

Better ?? :rolleyes2:

5990224f35b99_2017-10-01CSCRun02.jpg.f2d672d423a03c9d6a2bf18da8832fc3.jpg

Jydnhfz   
On 8/11/2017 at 9:01 PM, lonewolf said:

A photo of the actual medal has been posted. As expect, it's not ELM medal. Sianz ½  :cray:

598daa675f4e5_2017-10-01CSCRun01.jpg.f3edb74ea72d3664068a12006c58ed8f.jpg

OMG! So disappointed with CSC for choosing HiVelocity instead of Pink Apple. No more ELM medal. 😪

7 hours ago, Jydnhfz said:

OMG! So disappointed with CSC for choosing HiVelocity instead of Pink Apple. No more ELM medal. 😪

business world is like that de.....

lonewolf   

Unbelievable! HiVelocity is up to their usual nonsense by offering promotion code that screws up those who sign up early :thumbsd: 20% off the current normal rate of $63 for 21K is $50.40, which is cheaper than the early bird fee of $53.

This just dropped in my mailbox and I thought I shared it for those who have not signed up yet, and is sitting on the fence on this one. It did say that it was an exclusive for those who registered for SIA Charity Run.

I tried a mock registration and it does appear that there is a corresponding check backend for those who have registered for SIA charity run for the code to apply. 

Yeah. I know the discount isn't really significant but the principle behind it is just wrong. Which school of marketing teaches you to screw your royal customer to increase market share? Not a marketing guy myself but its seems common sense not to do so, but HiV (along with EpicESR and possibly XChange Event) is the master of doing so. 

kcslchin   

Last minute discount that burn the early birds???

That will mean future Hi-V races will have fewer early birds as people wait for the promo codes (to come or might come) :unsure:

lonewolf   
6 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

Wonder if the take up rate for this race is low thus pushing out discounted fees again...

Not too sure about the public take up rate but this is one of those 'bao chiak' race (along with AHM) that will be well attended. Considering that it's organised by the recreational arm of the biggest employer in the country. I'm sure there will be some 'gentle persuasion' by the respective HODs to get their subordinates to support the race. :crazysmile:

1 hour ago, lonewolf said:

Not too sure about the public take up rate but this is one of those 'bao chiak' race (along with AHM) that will be well attended. Considering that it's organised by the recreational arm of the biggest employer in the country. I'm sure there will be some 'gentle persuasion' by the respective HODs to get their subordinates to support the race. :crazysmile:

Hmm.... I asked around my frens working in this biggest employer in the country but none of them knew about this race...haaa

lonewolf   

Lai Lai. Another day to play HiVelocity patented 'Let's Screw the Early Bird Sign Up' game with a new promo code. 

21106437_1523246167736486_45012695702054

Current rate for 21K: $63
15% off: $53.55
Early Bird rate for 21K: $53

If you take into account time value of money, you are probably worse off to sign up in May when registration was first opened. :crazysmile:

1 hour ago, lonewolf said:

Lai Lai. Another day to play HiVelocity patented 'Let's Screw the Early Bird Sign Up' game with a new promo code. 

If you take into account time value of money, you are probably worse off to sign up in May when registration was first opened. :crazysmile:

looks like it's still ok to miss the early bird sign up next time......:phew:

Pacers from Punggol Runners pacing this event... look out for the coloured balloons if you are going for a specific timing...

RACE CATEGORY PACER GROUP HELIUM COLOURED BALLOON
21KM Half Marathon Group A: 1 HR 50 MINS Lime Green
Group B: 2 HRS 00 MINS Baby Blue
Group C: 2 HRS 10 MINS Orange
Group D: 2 HRS 20 MINS Mint Green
Group E: 2 HRS 30 MINS Yellow
Group F: 2 HRS 40 MINS Lavender
10KM Group G: 1 HR 05 MINS Red
Group H: 1 HR 10 MINS Royal Blue
Group I: 1 HR 15 MINS Silver

mover   
On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 8:32 AM, lonewolf said:

When they extended the registration date, mean they cannot get enough runner to join. Lesser runner is good for the participants bad for the organiser.

1 hour ago, mover said:

When they extended the registration date, mean they cannot get enough runner to join. Lesser runner is good for the participants bad for the organiser.

in this way, organisers try to get those on the fence to sign up with lower rates BUT they must also consider the feelings of those who signed up early... if those who signed up early decides not to sign up the following year, this trend of inadequacy will always be present...

beast   
1 hour ago, AutumnRunner said:

in this way, organisers try to get those on the fence to sign up with lower rates BUT they must also consider the feelings of those who signed up early... if those who signed up early decides not to sign up the following year, this trend of inadequacy will always be present...

I don't think organizers give a damn. Hivelocity has done this countless times, and they are also not the only one doing this.

I have started not to sign up for early rates for any races anymore, other than those that I know I will join yearly like 2XU, Run 350/Income Run etc.  But I will still monitor if there is any change in organizers and if they start screwing early birds (like Yellow Ribbon run).

For those I am sitting on the fence, if they continue to offer lower rates, I will consider joining. If not, I will either buy a bib or not go for it anymore.

24 minutes ago, beast said:

I don't think organizers give a damn. Hivelocity has done this countless times, and they are also not the only one doing this.

I have started not to sign up for early rates for any races anymore, other than those that I know I will join yearly like 2XU, Run 350/Income Run etc.  But I will still monitor if there is any change in organizers and if they start screwing early birds (like Yellow Ribbon run).

For those I am sitting on the fence, if they continue to offer lower rates, I will consider joining. If not, I will either buy a bib or not go for it anymore.

I think you are not alone... guarantee that...

mover   
46 minutes ago, beast said:

Problem for this race is the offer only come after the registration date end and then extended. Unless we got insider news, we may miss the date and give this race a miss.

1 hour ago, mover said:

Problem for this race is the offer only come after the registration date end and then extended. Unless we got insider news, we may miss the date and give this race a miss.

that's the time they consolidate all the registration and realized that its not adequate.... hahah