25 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

18222288_1339999736095327_77583682077680

Date: 01 Oct (Sunday)
Time: 5am
Venue: Marina Barrage
Category: 21K, 21K Ediken, 10K, 5K, Kids Run

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Csc-Run-by-Bay-977210512374253/

Registration (Public)https://sg.1xcess.com/discover/event/csc-run-by-the-bay-2017?locale=en

Registration Fee (Public)

5922d17579e59_2017-10-01CSCRunFee.thumb.jpg.f48d458fe7eb561955a2ea9f1befa810.jpg

Runner's Entitlement (21K)

Entitlements-01-1024x512.png

Singlet Design

CSC_FB_Post_05-08-1000x500.png

Finisher Tee Design

CSC_FB_Post_05-06-900x500.png

[COMMENT] Date updated on their facebook page end Mar. As of now, no other details. So will update again when more info becomes available. ELM Medal race since 2015 so hopefully it remain so this yr. :bling:Registration opens in Jun.

[Update] HiVelocity is the event organiser so unlikely to be an ELM Medal Race

Edited by lonewolf

Noooo.... Pink Apple not the event organiser this yr .. another potential ELM medal gone :cray:

Looks like HiVelocity will be organising the race logistics this yr. 

3 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

Noooo.... Pink Apple not the event organiser this yr .. another potential ELM medal gone :cray:

Looks like HiVelocity will be organising the race logistics this yr. 

Something seems to be going very wrong with Pink Apple. They are less aggressive than a few years ago when they organize more runs all year round. And it is not as if their race organization are getting worse.

Wanted to sign this up but not going to contribute more to Adrian Mok’s bank account .

12 minutes ago, beast said:

Wanted to sign this up but not going to contribute more to Adrian Mok’s bank account .

Hahaha, I was looking at the EO and wondering where have I heard that name before. Nope nope nope, not going to contribute to that guy bank account. 

Damn. The fallout from SDM this yr is strong :crazysmile:

This is one of my streak races. And it would take more than that to dissuade me from joining. :wacko:

And to be fair, HiVelocity organisation for HM is actually not bad. They used to organise RUN350 some years back (think 2013 and 2014) and they run smoothly. 

Hivelocity??? :phew:

Last year's organization was smooth...was it Pink Apple that was the organizer?

2 hours ago, jerrylam said:

Hivelocity??? :phew:

Last year's organization was smooth...was it Pink Apple that was the organizer?

Yup. But to be more precise, CSC is the orgnaiser. Pink Apple took care of the bulk of the race logistics in 2015 and 2016.

With hivelocity, the ELM medal would be a questionable topic.

1 hour ago, AutumnRunner said:

With hivelocity, the ELM medal would be a questionable topic.

Not questionable. Confirm no more. :nea:They stopped issuing ELM medals for all the races they organised from 2015 onwards.

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Not questionable. Confirm no more. :nea:They stopped issuing ELM medals for all the races they organised from 2015 onwards.

Hope CSC would insist...

Edited by AutumnRunner

2 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

Hope CSC would insist...

why insist? if they give ELM medals and need to increase price how?

2 hours ago, medic said:

why insist? if they give ELM medals and need to increase price how?

of course CSC need to police this and not allow Hivelocity to go their own way... 

1 person likes this

51 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

of course CSC need to police this and not allow Hivelocity to go their own way... 

I dun think CSC (or any race organiser) knows anything about medal quality and the such. Before Pink Apple took over, the race was giving out non-ELM medal in the years that Pink Apple was not the event organiser. So my guess is they just leave it to the event organiser like HiVelocity or Pink Apple to source the medal for them. Of cos they will have to approve the medal design but that's probably it. 

1 person likes this

On 5/7/2017 at 0:00 AM, lonewolf said:

I dun think CSC (or any race organiser) knows anything about medal quality and the such. Before Pink Apple took over, the race was giving out non-ELM medal in the years that Pink Apple was not the event organiser. So my guess is they just leave it to the event organiser like HiVelocity or Pink Apple to source the medal for them. Of cos they will have to approve the medal design but that's probably it. 

I agree with lonewolf.

If I was in CSC (which I am not), I would not really care whether medal is ELM because even as a race participant, I not bothered with finisher medals and medal manufacturer (of course, this is just speaking for myself)

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 0:00 AM, lonewolf said:

Medal I think Organisers might have the last say to the design and quality.. and most important on the fees to charge as well... so the part I was talking about was more on the fees where Organisers must police to ensure event management companies do not overcharge.

Registration has opened. 

$3 race inflation for those who registered during the early bird.

Mizuno is the race apparel sponsor this yr. 

Just realized that they have a 1km parent and kid dash which seems to be a new category... family bonding is the focus...

Hi AR, 

Yes, simple designs has its pros. Would have been better if they simplify "21k finisher" to just "21k" or "HMF". But at least this year's colour can be worn during national day. 😆

3 hours ago, PandaC said:

Hi AR, 

Yes, simple designs has its pros. Would have been better if they simplify "21k finisher" to just "21k" or "HMF". But at least this year's colour can be worn during national day. 😆

that is if you get the tics to watch the NDP...hahha...

I don't like last year's finisher tee colors. But good thing is last year did not have the big CSC logo on it :lol:

10 hours ago, kcslchin said:

I don't like last year's finisher tee colors. But good thing is last year did not have the big CSC logo on it :lol:

2015 don't have too... so maybe the earlier versions have....

2015-11-08_20.33.50[1]