84 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Once again, after a tiring organizing for North East Compressport Run 2015, our team is back to hope to do something different for Community. 

This year, our team are hoping to shrink down slightly the category but more inclusive events. 

We hope to have a 10km run for runners, and for leisure and family based, we hope to introduce pet run. We wish to have families with pets and pet lover to come together and run together. 

Through the event, we will not only promote sports (Running), we also wish to create awareness on pets. Educate pet lovers and public the importance of taking good care of their pets and be a responsibility pet lover. 

Once again, We do look forward to feedback from the cool runners in this forum, to provide us again tips and sharings, allowing us to do our best for the community. We are targeting to launch real soon and the run date is to be on 2nd July 2017. Venue: Punggol Waterway.

*This year, there is no more funding and grants for us like 2015, so kindly be patience with us, and give us your best possible input to allow us to do a meaningful event for community. 

Cheers

Joseph Tan
Punggol North Community Sports Club

Edited by WalkingJoe
forget to type some information

This year, 

We aim to do the following:

Registration from end of April 2017,
Closing date: Early June 2017
REPC: Last week June 2017
Race Day/Fun Day: 02 July 2017

Venue: Punggol Waterway 

Cateogries:
- To be confirmed
Certainly has are Pet Run and 10km run

Entitlements:
- Still working hard on it, please share your view

Race Fees:
- will promise to be reasonable fee since we are Community Events

Hydration and First Aid:
- No problem. We never compromise with Safety. North East Compressport Run 2015 is our record. ensure sufficient hydration.

We hope to hear from you. Otherwise, email us at cscpunggolnorth@gmail.com. 

Thank you

Joseph Tan
Punggol North CSC

Hi Joe, nice to hear that you are back again doing another run for the community... this year no more grants and fundings sound not too good but I am sure you will be able to pull off a nice organization of race...

The date itself clashes with tri-factor which I am unsure if it's the running leg.. that might take away some runners... it also clashes with GoldCoast airport marathon which I think would not affect much since you are targeting a shrink down event...

Pet run theme sounds good but have to manage well cause I am imagining a 10km runner got chased by one of the pet dog during the race when both of the routes joined together... wahahah... if want to have totally distinct routes, the timing is crucial... there is no space to demarcate different lanes for different categories as the Waterway is narrow....

just a quick shoutout on the race and I am sure many of us will be able to share good information too....

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

Hi Joe, nice to hear that you are back again doing another run for the community... this year no more grants and fundings sound not too good but I am sure you will be able to pull off a nice organization of race...

The date itself clashes with tri-factor which I am unsure if it's the running leg.. that might take away some runners... it also clashes with GoldCoast airport marathon which I think would not affect much since you are targeting a shrink down event...

Pet run theme sounds good but have to manage well cause I am imagining a 10km runner got chased by one of the pet dog during the race when both of the routes joined together... wahahah... if want to have totally distinct routes, the timing is crucial... there is no space to demarcate different lanes for different categories as the Waterway is narrow....

just a quick shoutout on the race and I am sure many of us will be able to share good information too....

Hi Bro, yes! Glad you still remember me.

Actually it really took alot of guts to really dare to plan and try to organize again after a good break in 2016 when our grants stop giving for organizing run. Thats why no more North East Run.

This time, I am slightly less stress, because I have dedicated to my team to do it instead of myself leading the event. Hahaha. Slack abit.

But I do remember all the precious sharing from alot of seasoned runners like yourself and many moreppl, sharing with me on some informations. Allowing us to plan acceptably for every runners.

Yeah! I too laugh when I read your sharing. Dog chased runners. Interesting if it happen. I will race my lungs out to make sure I video down and share. Hahaha. But rest assure, I know my team is trying to work out the timing, it should not clash and meet at all. How come so? I too do not understand. But waiting for my team to present and I shall share with all. Haha

Look forward to more sharing.

Edited by WalkingJoe
Haven finish

1 hour ago, WalkingJoe said:

Actually it really took alot of guts to really dare to plan and try to organize again after a good break in 2016 when our grants stop giving for organizing run. Thats why no more North East Run.

This time, I am slightly less stress, because I have dedicated to my team to do it instead of myself leading the event. Hahaha. Slack abit.

But I do remember all the precious sharing from alot of seasoned runners like yourself and many moreppl, sharing with me on some informations. Allowing us to plan acceptably for every runners.

Yeah! I too laugh when I read your sharing. Dog chased runners. Interesting if it happen. I will race my lungs out to make sure I video down and share. Hahaha. But rest assure, I know my team is trying to work out the timing, it should not clash and meet at all. How come so? I too do not understand. But waiting for my team to present and I shall share with all. Haha

Look forward to more sharing.

of course remember you... the special medal was something that no other events have given before... Do share more information so that we can share how to better the event...

For entitlements, just provide items which are useful for runners or even for everyday usage... items such as spa and facial vouchers can take a back seat in this...

From RunningJoe become WalkingJoe liao?:P

1 person likes this

19 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

But I do remember all the precious sharing from alot of seasoned runners like you. 

45 minutes ago, medic said:

From RunningJoe become WalkingJoe liao?:P

No choice.

Old is one problem. Most importantly, I forget my email and password. Cannot log in to RunningJoe

haha..... he must have slacked and totally didn't run for the past year, right Joe?

14 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

haha..... he must have slacked and totally didn't run for the past year, right Joe?

I went for Run for Light and I also went for Sundown. :(

I am not a very on runner though. But will still try to join whenever I am free and the fee is affordable. Hahaha

37 minutes ago, WalkingJoe said:

I went for Run for Light and I also went for Sundown. :(

I am not a very on runner though. But will still try to join whenever I am free and the fee is affordable. Hahaha

that's good... exercise once a while to perspire... sounds like you didn't train for these races.....

2 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

that's good... exercise once a while to perspire... sounds like you didn't train for these races.....

No la. Just aim complete safely and not last. Hahaha.

10km, 1hr to 1hr 15min. Consider ok for me liao lo. Hahaha

2 hours ago, WalkingJoe said:

not bad... meaning still running ah... and not walking too much...haah... cause sometimes I see people walking right from the start...

hope your team will have an enjoyable organization of the race...

13 hours ago, kcslchin said:

No more North East Run :(:(

And I have no pets :(

haha....still can take part in the 10km run mah....

On ‎19‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 0:10 PM, WalkingJoe said:

I think WalkingJoe got to take note also that people would just base on what they read and dictate the nature of the run.. when I first look at "Punggol North Pet Run", I would have the perception that it's a run meant with owners who has pets.. as 1st perception counts, many might not go back to the same webpage again thinking that it's a run with focus on pets... So as what kcslchin mentioned, might want to look at the name of the run again...

I think pets run is a good idea, seeing that there isn't much runs of this nature around.

My take is that if you want to do a pets run, don't mix it up with a competitive 10km run. I understand that you would like to cover as much audience as possible, but sometimes might be good to focus on targeted groups instead so that it would be easier to market and promote the event. Maybe a 5km or 3km family fun run, and target the families with kids and pets rather than runners. 

Reminds me of the POSB PAssion Run for Kids :crazysmile:

The perception is that it is a run meant for Kids. But then the name of that race is Run for Kids and not Kids Run.

So I certainly agree with the general perception. But I'm sure what's going to happen is that the titular 'Pet Run' will be a fun casual run. Whereas there will probably be a competitive distance of 10K (maybe 15K or hopefully 21K) too. 

So definitely not a run meant just for Pet owner. If you insist, I will say that I am running with my Pet Bacteria - all 39 trillion of them on my body :crazysmile:

2 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

haha....still can take part in the 10km run mah....

I think WalkingJoe got to take note also that people would just base on what they read and dictate the nature of the run.. when I first look at "Punggol North Pet Run", I would have the perception that it's a run meant with owners who has pets.. as 1st perception counts, many might not go back to the same webpage again thinking that it's a run with focus on pets... So as what kcslchin mentioned, might want to look at the name of the run again...

Thank you for the sharing. We will take note on the name of the event. :)

Something I am curious to know more.... On runners' feeling...

Just for the timing system, it cost us $8000. Each check point will cost another about $500.

In order to save some cost, if we decide not to have timing system, does it really affect  runners' decision to participate? 

On 4/19/2017 at 8:59 AM, WalkingJoe said:

No choice.

Old is one problem. Most importantly, I forget my email and password. Cannot log in to RunningJoe

can request to reset password...

Just for the timing system, it cost us $8000. Each check point will cost another about $500.

In order to save some cost, if we decide not to have timing system, does it really affect  runners' decision to participate? 

how you ensure there are no runners who take shortcuts?

1) no timing system = no prizes for the fast runners? In this way, this would chuck out the interest from the faster runners who are trying to get some incentives from smaller races...

2) No timing means those who are clocking for the 10km personal best would not take part as well cause there is no official timing to confirm their achievement.

3) no timing gives runners the impression that it's a fun run. Nothing wrong with that, just that the 10km race might not have too many take up numbers.

Maybe can convert this Pet run into a totally fun run for the family and pets to improve owners and pets relationship?? Maybe have a fun run of short distance and a fun walk as well...

If u choose to forgo the timing system, then it's purely a non-competitive fun run.

Frankly, it's an excellent question. It's one of those things that we take for granted that not to have timing would be weird. 

There had been some races in the past without timing like CCK Farm Run and Mazda West Coast Run. 

Does it affect my decision to join? Probably not a deal breaker for me. But if this race clash with another that provide timing, then of cos, it would become a factor. 

11 hours ago, WalkingJoe said:

Honest feedback, I will not join if no timing chip. But this is just me.

1. Hold on. So no need to have a pet to take part in the run??

2. If this is a cheap community fun run, timing system may not be important. Depends how you want to organise & market this