Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jerrylam

Twilight Ultra Challenge 2017, 23 - 24 September 2017

Recommended Posts

jerrylam   
Posted (edited)

The Twilight Ultra Challenge is back for its 7th Edition! Postponed to September from its usual March date, it will also be held at a new venue this year, Punggol Waterway Park!! 

Date: 23 - 24 September 2017

Flag Off: 7.00pm on 23 September 2017

Venue: Punggol Waterway Park (NEW VENUE!)

Time Limit: 16 hours

Distance: 5km Loops

Website: http://twilightultrachallenge.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TwilightUltraChallenge?fref=ts

Register: http://runningguild.com/machform/view.php?id=43490

Official Race Tee Design:

GcMtn3o.jpg

Official Finisher Tee design:

tE5X2ih.jpg

a7HgFGL.jpg

Edited by jerrylam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
medic   
25 minutes ago, jerrylam said:

The Twilight Ultra Challenge is back for its 7th Edition! Postponed to September from its usual March date, it will also be held at a new venue this year, Punggol Waterway Park!! 

Date: 23 - 24 September 2017

Flag Off: 7.00pm (TBA)

Venue: Punggol Waterway Park (NEW VENUE!)

Time Limit: 16 hours

Distance: TBA

Website: http://twilightultrachallenge.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TwilightUltraChallenge?fref=ts

Register your name & email now & get to sign up at a special price before the early registration rate kicks in:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfBUaaoHxVr2S8TZTsckWaVmxQ3LgSu9OR9EruhK_TLI3VcSg/viewform

a7HgFGL.jpg

Jerry...mai tu liao...near your home base...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jerrylam   
2 minutes ago, medic said:

Jerry...mai tu liao...near your home base...

Eugene, also your turf lehh...ai mai??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
medic   
1 hour ago, jerrylam said:

Eugene, also your turf lehh...ai mai??

last year was my turf I didn't join...this year lagi far...nah...I rather koon..:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jerrylam   
11 minutes ago, medic said:

last year was my turf I didn't join...this year lagi far...nah...I rather koon..:P

Oh yeah, last year almost at your doorstep lol. Nvm lah..come and sarpork or pace us a bit :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jerrylam   

Those who registered their interest for the Priority Special Registration will be offered the following sign up rates:

Special Offers
To show our appreciation for your keen interest & to celebrate the 7th edition of the event, we will offer the following specials for you till 1 May 2017 2359hrs:
  • Special Registration Rate: $73 ($7 discount off the early rate registration fee)
  • 7th Edition Event T-Shirt: $12 ($3 discount)
  • Finisher Pack: $30 ($5 discount & contains 1*Finisher T-Shirt & 1*large-sized Medal)
NOTE: The Event T-Shirt & Finisher Pack are optional add-ons & are not included in the registration fee.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jerrylam   
7 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

Wah... what a location... so familiar....enjoy guys and gals...

It's your home turf buddy LOL

Come and join us lehhh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jerrylam said:

It's your home turf buddy LOL

Come and join us lehhh

now i am still struggling to cope with my old injury just by completing b2b Sundown and 2XU... how can I complete an Ultra right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jerrylam   
7 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

now i am still struggling to cope with my old injury just by completing b2b Sundown and 2XU... how can I complete an Ultra right? 

It's late in September bro...more than enough time to recover and train for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, jerrylam said:

It's late in September bro...more than enough time to recover and train for it

Dun wan get injured again la.. haaa... 

Edited by AutumnRunner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jerrylam   
On 4/30/2017 at 3:49 AM, AutumnRunner said:

Dun wan get injured again la.. haaa... 

Not so easy injured, especially this is an own time own target kinda ultra. Run as many loops within 17 hours. Many ran 5-10 loops and called it a day. Only a few really hardcore ones will push up to 100km and beyond. It's a good intro for ultra running imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jerrylam said:

Not so easy injured, especially this is an own time own target kinda ultra. Run as many loops within 17 hours. Many ran 5-10 loops and called it a day. Only a few really hardcore ones will push up to 100km and beyond. It's a good intro for ultra running imo.

yup, understand, 2 years ago was thinking about using Craze as the step up into Ultra but hampered by injury.... I am sure these Ultras by Running guild serves to intro Ultras to runners in an easy way....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jerrylam   
1 hour ago, AutumnRunner said:

yup, understand, 2 years ago was thinking about using Craze as the step up into Ultra but hampered by injury.... I am sure these Ultras by Running guild serves to intro Ultras to runners in an easy way....

Cos you were already injured that year, which you had to even sell away your craze ultra slot. But as long as you're fit and injury free, don't think this race will do you any harm if you're keen to 'test water'. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, jerrylam said:

Cos you were already injured that year, which you had to even sell away your craze ultra slot. But as long as you're fit and injury free, don't think this race will do you any harm if you're keen to 'test water'. 

yup.. but I think I have unfinished business with craze and would choose it over this race... I mean if I really go into Ultra la...hahha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jerrylam   
On 5/2/2017 at 1:59 PM, AutumnRunner said:

yup.. but I think I have unfinished business with craze and would choose it over this race... I mean if I really go into Ultra la...hahha

Anyway, it happens on a Saturday evening. Even if you're not joining the race, come out and maybe join us for a few loops. Can hang out a bit and chit chat with us. All very friendly people and most are the usual suspects at Running Guild events. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm I might sign up for this if my work schedule doesn't clash! I do have a 60km green race in August and 32km Newton in October. Not sure if throwing an ultra in Sep is a bit overkill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ultrarunzaw said:

Hmm I might sign up for this if my work schedule doesn't clash! I do have a 60km green race in August and 32km Newton in October. Not sure if throwing an ultra in Sep is a bit overkill.

I think with your kind of training, you can see if these races fit into your schedule... ask your coach... :thumbsu:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
beast   
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ultrarunzaw said:

Hmm I might sign up for this if my work schedule doesn't clash! I do have a 60km green race in August and 32km Newton in October. Not sure if throwing an ultra in Sep is a bit overkill.

The good thing about this run is that you can stop whenever you want, no fixed distance or number of loops. You can take this as your monthly 40-50km training.

But this is running in the night though. You probably need more training running under the hot sun?

Edited by beast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jerrylam   

This race is coming up next weekend. I think this is the last Running Guild race for the year. Gonna take it easy and clock around 50km before going home to sleep. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, jerrylam said:

This race is coming up next weekend. I think this is the last Running Guild race for the year. Gonna take it easy and clock around 50km before going home to sleep. 

you can run back home to sleep...... sounds like a good plan....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jerrylam   
On 9/11/2017 at 2:24 PM, AutumnRunner said:

you can run back home to sleep...... sounds like a good plan....

Eh Autumn, wanna come out and support? Can join us for a few loops. It's your home turf too anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jerrylam said:

Eh Autumn, wanna come out and support? Can join us for a few loops. It's your home turf too anyway.

sure if time permits... support u or support the event?? hahhahha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×