trailblazer

Osaka Marathon 2017 26 Nov 2017

4 hours ago, yh90 said:

Same. Hope you are prepared for it.

are you going with via Crest? Which hotel are you staying?

I only did the newton 32km, thats my only mileage above 30km this month. hoping to clock 4h 30min in Osaka.

3 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

It's a cooling walk to the start pen so don't worry... but please don't be late as they closes the starting pen by a certain timing, i can't remember the time... and i seen with my own eyes that runners were stucked outside and seen trying to argue with the person who closes the gate on time...

do they have ample toilets like SG races? I have this issue i always need to go toilet just before the race. Races in SG i have no issue as I know the place well

36 minutes ago, sengkangboy said:

are you going with via Crest? Which hotel are you staying?

I only did the newton 32km, thats my only mileage above 30km this month. hoping to clock 4h 30min in Osaka.

No. Hotel Keihan Kyobashi Grande. You?

I also did newton challenge 32k, den peaked longest run of 34k. 

2 hours ago, yh90 said:

No. Hotel Keihan Kyobashi Grande. You?

I also did newton challenge 32k, den peaked longest run of 34k. 

city plaza Osaka. about 20 mins walk to start point! 

any advice if I should bring a bag to check in at the baggage deposit counter? I never checked in baggage for any of my races (local and overseas before) - since I can carry money in my running pouch and there is a finisher tee for me to change. 

There is no finisher tee. You get a finisher towel. At the start, may be chilly. Bring plastic bag to wear, then throw. Bring clothes to change as the Expo is far from the start. But when is your race? Must be over liao? no?

On 11/13/2017 at 12:47 AM, sengkangboy said:

do they have ample toilets like SG races? I have this issue i always need to go toilet just before the race. Races in SG i have no issue as I know the place well

toilets are ample at the race precinct... just have to search for it... 

On 11/13/2017 at 3:34 AM, sengkangboy said:

any advice if I should bring a bag to check in at the baggage deposit counter? I never checked in baggage for any of my races (local and overseas before) - since I can carry money in my running pouch and there is a finisher tee for me to change. 

When you register for the osaka marathon, they should have asked if you need a deposit bag... you can check in your bag with no worries as it takes about 3s for you to hand in your bag to the volunteers on the truck and take another 2s to retrieve your baggage when you complete the race... don't believe me? Try it~~

The portable toilet for males consists of only urinals and it is very fast.... females queue at another queue...

Male portable toilets with urinals only

You can read my post here too to have a better sense what to expect on the race expo and actual day...

2016 --  https://autumnrunner.wordpress.com/2016/11/03/race-review-osaka-marathon-2016/

2015 -- https://autumnrunner.wordpress.com/2015/11/03/osaka-marathon-2015-大阪マラソン/

Edited by AutumnRunner

21 hours ago, sengkangboy said:

oh thanks. . i cant remember if i asked for a deposit bag... jialat. cos i register via Crest. 

oh,cause they only allow the deposit bags which they distribute... it's almost clear and can see everything in the bag.. if really don't have, maybe you can request when you collect the race pack...

Just checked the weather forecast for this week and is colder than i thought. Was only planning to run in compression pants and running tee.. i think i need to add on another layer.. alarmark.

anyone ran in single digit temperature and can share what you wear for the race? My earlier run this year at HK was 10 degrees but tee and compression was ok.

Edited by sengkangboy

2 hours ago, sengkangboy said:

Just checked the weather forecast for this week and is colder than i thought. Was only planning to run in compression pants and running tee.. i think i need to add on another layer.. alarmark.

anyone ran in single digit temperature and can share what you wear for the race? My earlier run this year at HK was 10 degrees but tee and compression was ok.

Gold coast at 7 degrees. I just wore what i usually wear in sg. But i bring a jacket , just in case.

@sengkangboy, it depends if the single digit temperature is going to last the entire temp or it would rise to double digit when sun rises... For goldcoast, as @yh90 brought out, its single digit at the start only... after about 15mins of run, one's body usually warm up and the temp for goldcoast would rise to 15-20 degs celsius in the mid-day and the sun is blasting.... so got to make a judgement call...

it's always good to bring a old/used jacket (ready to donate) or raincoat to prevent body from facing too much cold/wind before the race starts....

okay got it. i did the 2011 Gold Coast, also wore what i wore in SG. 

anyway i got a uniqlo heatTech , maybe wear that and donate (14.90) if really needed

On 11/20/2017 at 1:25 AM, sengkangboy said:

okay got it. i did the 2011 Gold Coast, also wore what i wore in SG. 

anyway i got a uniqlo heatTech , maybe wear that and donate (14.90) if really needed

Daiso one is $2... compared to the $14.90... hahah... you make the choice whichever is more comfortable... most important is to keep warm....

This is the first year I didn't get the Osaka Marathon Ballot (did 2014, 2015 and 2016).

Would have loved to run it as they changed the date to end-Nov which is just nice for those who want to catch their autumn colours. Osaka marathon has a good flat course with one MAJOR bridge at around 35km. Do plan for that. Other than that, I believe you all will have a fun time!

Good luck to all the runners next week!

Anyone running Nara Marathon on Dec 10? If so, see you there!

Just came back from the race expo, did they change the merchandise designs?

I bought 2 pieces (9 and 18), i have to wear XL for Japanese Tees.. L is too short for me. 

DE39E40E-A894-4B86-A2A5-67D85C54B89D.jpeg

Edited by sengkangboy

Im impressed by the expo!i bet sg rsce pack expo will never be this good. Got food expo also somemore. Spent almost 2 hrs there! 

On 11/23/2017 at 10:59 AM, zhirong said:

This is the first year I didn't get the Osaka Marathon Ballot (did 2014, 2015 and 2016).

Would have loved to run it as they changed the date to end-Nov which is just nice for those who want to catch their autumn colours. Osaka marathon has a good flat course with one MAJOR bridge at around 35km. Do plan for that. Other than that, I believe you all will have a fun time!

Good luck to all the runners next week!

Anyone running Nara Marathon on Dec 10? If so, see you there!

Off topic. Impressive that you did 3 times Osaka Marathon (I skipped the 2016 edition).

Nara marathon is a small scale event with tough elevation. Do enjoy your event there and create a separate thread for Nara marathon if you wish.