lonewolf

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon - 2-3 Dec 2017

While otw to pick up your race pack, why not spend 15 mins to have a look at this video that we made some years back on carbo-loading & planning your race day hydration intake for the annual Standard Chartered Marathon that is still relevant today. In a nutshell, full marathon challengers to take 3 days to load (starting today), half marathon participants to load from Saturday while 10-km runners to only consume a carb-rich bfast b4 your race.

Click HERE to watch the video. 

• Like 1

BTW in your info leaflet, has the Singapore Marathon mentioned about Binning your trash along the route?

- This is so it does not trip up runners who are behind you!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, K!m said:

Booth for Pyongyang Marathon.

Is there any travel insurance wants to cover this run? 

WTS Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon SCSM 2017 10km Race Slot with Entire Race Pack for only $49

Event day: ‪3 December 2017‬  Time: ‪7.15 am ‬

All participants will receive a Race Entry Pack with the following items:

• Female Running Top. Medium Size (by Under Armour) Medal (within Completion Timing)

• Race bib (Name will be whited out)

• Goodies from sponsors like Salonpas , Haribo , Neutrogena , Robert Timms, Nanox, Run Magazine , Handphone Armband

How to deal: Meet up at Bukit Batok MRT / Raffles Place MRT / Telok Ayer MRT / Clarke Quay MRt / Chinatown MRT

Contact me on Carousell at: 

http://carousell.com/p/141581013/

14 hours ago, jerrylam said:

Heard from a friend who had collected his race pack earlier that runners who qualify for the 300KM Club can collect their race packs from the Standard Chartered Bank staff booth, bypassing the long queue. Anyone can verify this?

Yup, managed to collect 300km tshirt during expo but no sight of the 300km "collector" medal. If collection at the finishers' tentage, how do those volunteers differentiated between 300km or non 300km finishers? Via bib number??? Forseeing a logistics nightmare over this part...

Edited by yc_hsieh

54 minutes ago, yc_hsieh said:

Yup, managed to collect 300km tshirt during expo but no sight of the 300km "collector" medal. If collection at the finishers' tentage, how do those volunteers differentiated between 300km or non 300km finishers? Via bib number??? Forseeing a logistics nightmare over this part...

You collect your 300km T-shirt together with your race pack or from the Standard Chartered Bank booth?

Hi, did not find any timing chip in my bag, are they using the timing chip that is attached to the bib type? Cause I notice there is a b tag on the side of the bib

can anyone help confirm on this?

Edited by derrick_twj

3 hours ago, yc_hsieh said:

It is not a medal. It is a coin and is given out along with the shirt. If you didn't get it, maybe the volunteer forgot....

17 hours ago, jerrylam said:

Heard from a friend who had collected his race pack earlier that runners who qualify for the 300KM Club can collect their race packs from the Standard Chartered Bank staff booth, bypassing the long queue. Anyone can verify this?

Yup, there was a separate queue for it. Look out for the sign. Only have to wait for 1 person in the queue.

1 hour ago, derrick_twj said:

Hi, did not find any timing chip in my bag, are they using the timing chip that is attached to the bib type? Cause I notice there is a b tag on the side of the bib

can anyone help confirm on this?

It is attached to the bib. There is a counter for you to test your bib and ensure that the timing chip in it is working properly...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, beast said:

It is not a medal. It is a coin and is given out along with the shirt. If you didn't get it, maybe the volunteer forgot....

Yup, there was a separate queue for it. Look out for the sign. Only have to wait for 1 person in the queue.

It is attached to the bib. There is a counter for you to test your bib and ensure that the timing chip in it is working properly...

Thanks beast for the headup! Only just received their PM to collect it at their information counter 6 hrs slower than your update! Beast is doing a much better job than their volunteers! :thumbsup: for beast!

6 minutes ago, wonderfulblevic said:

Did anyone receive the baggage deposit bag?  I only realised it's missing after I reached home.

Collection on race day when I asked them during my collection. 

On 11/29/2017 at 7:29 PM, PandaC said:

Hi, where is a good place to eat after the FM if one doesn't drive?

marina sq , raffles city. many food outlets in these 2 buildings.

• Thanks 1

I was at the Elite Runners Press Conference for SCSM 2017 this morning, where I chatted to Kenyans Cyprian Kotut and Rebecca Chesir, as well as Singapore's Soh Rui Yong.

Here is my article on the Kenyan elites and how they are shaping up for Sunday:http://www.prischew.com/sports/running/cyprian-kotut-and-defending-champion-rebecca-chesir-scsm2017/

And this is my article on Soh Rui Yong, his SCSM debut and some last minute tips from the Singaporean: http://www.prischew.com/sports/running/soh-rui-yong-is-pumped-up-about-his-standard-chartered-singapore-marathon-debut/

The queue was quite fast today around 1900, 15 mins. 

The baggage drop bag will be given at the baggage deposit counter on the day itself. 

At the end of run, can you all write a pledge to reduce trash in your next event.

There will be Trash Directors in the Padang taking your pledges

On 11/30/2017 at 8:21 PM, Ender said:

Is there any travel insurance wants to cover this run? 

Just buy normal travel insurance covering Korea.

If you worried one of the missiles NK will launch when you there and drop on you, best not to go at all.

For me, the race fee is expensive.

The organiser supposedly a UK copany based in China has been bringing international runners since the 90s. So.....I guess no need to be so fearful bah

16 hours ago, yc_hsieh said:

Anyone spotted U Sports booth inside the race expo itself?

Didn't see it when I was there on Thursday evening

Noticed that the finish line is inside the Padang, i.e. have to run across the field. Also that the last stretch is Connaught Drive instead of the usual St Andrew Road.

Not sure if want to wear the event tee shirt, hardly wear tee to run. Can see why under armour gave a tee for promo as it can be worn more often after the event.

Edited by Avon

As event day approaches there will be Green Ambassadors to remind you to bin it to keep the course clear of rubbish for all participants

image.png.e8f580efeaa101b6eddd638ed03dd8f1.png

At the ECP along check points 18-19 or 26-27 there will be Banana Marshals who want your banana skins.

And when you get to the Padang, there will be Trash Directors to help you find the right recycle bins for your empty bottle, cans and banana skins. They will also have a base camp for you to write your pledges to reduce your disposable trash at your next event :D Of course look for the inflatable bananas ;)

Hope you enjoy the day and just remember to Bin It along the way :D

image.png.6ff12f81e23cda057e7f250152765e75.png