lonewolf

Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore - 2-3 Dec 2017

Just now, K!m said:

Thus I think I should hang up my running shoes.

No need hang up running shoes lah. To each, his/her own. Unless you're aiming to be an elite. Otherwise, doesn't matter much actually. Structured or not, it's just the means to justify your ends be it to keep bettering your own PB or just to be able to complete each race comfortably. Just as long as it doesn't make running too much of a chore until it takes the fun away.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jerrylam said:

No need hang up running shoes lah. To each, his/her own. Unless you're aiming to be an elite. Otherwise, doesn't matter much actually. Structured or not, it's just the means to justify your ends be it to keep bettering your own PB or just to be able to complete each race comfortably. Just as long as it doesn't make running too much of a chore until it takes the fun away.

when we meeting for a relaxed run eh? :D

1 hour ago, jerrylam said:

I'm getting old. Time to relax and sit at the beach. 

Well said Jerry! 👏🏻👏🏻

Fact is most of us are not aiming to be running elites... so it is critical that we never lose the fun element and continue to enjoy ourselves so that running is kept sustainable. 

While it is good to keep improving, sometimes it’s good to remind ourselves why we started running in the first place so that running do not become another source of stress. 

1 hour ago, medic said:

when we meeting for a relaxed run eh? :D

Next Tue, OCBC Arena at 7.30pm ai mai?? 10km, 6min pace :D

15 minutes ago, K!m said:

I'm getting old. Time to relax and sit at the beach. 

Too young to just sit, relax and get fat hahaha

5 minutes ago, Lexham said:

Well said Jerry! 👏🏻👏🏻

Fact is most of us are not aiming to be running elites... so it is critical that we never lose the fun element and continue to enjoy ourselves so that running is kept sustainable. 

While it is good to keep improving, sometimes it’s good to remind ourselves why we started running in the first place so that running do not become another source of stress. 

Yeah man. Our daily life and work are already stressful enough. If the activity which is meant for me to de-stress starts becoming stressful,  then i'll probably be booking myself into IMH soon....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jerrylam said:

Too young to just sit, relax and get fat hahaha

Older than you. 😝

16 hours ago, jerrylam said:

Yeah man. Our daily life and work are already stressful enough. If the activity which is meant for me to de-stress starts becoming stressful,  then i'll probably be booking myself into IMH soon....

you are right man... sometimes we stress ourselves too much and input unnecessary stress on ourselves.. which is very painful...

2 hours ago, K!m said:

Older than you. 😝

True or not? Limpeh unker nearing 40 liao...but still not hanging up shoes anytime soon cos don't wanna grow fat so fast hahaha

58 minutes ago, jerrylam said:

True or not? Limpeh unker nearing 40 liao...but still not hanging up shoes anytime soon cos don't wanna grow fat so fast hahaha

30s still young...haha

Confirm, double confirm older than you based on your profile birthday.

7 minutes ago, K!m said:

Confirm, double confirm older than you based on your profile birthday.

No need to argue liao i'm MUCH older than both of you haha

10 hours ago, prisangel said:

Her 32km timing is my HM timing liao. Lol.

You sub 2 in HM liao lor.

10 hours ago, prisangel said:

Guess they must be naturally talented at running. Unlike many of us here despite our structured training programmes....

Ashley liew doesnt have talent. He worked hard to what he is now. (: 

4 hours ago, yh90 said:

Ashley liew doesnt have talent. He worked hard to what he is now. (: 

Think all the elite marathon runners worked hard to get to where they are now. If any of us put in on average 100-160 miles per week, did cross training and core work out, think many can expect to do sub 3s. Would think 40-60 miles a week is about a 4-6 hour marathon time  for the majority of us.

Edited by Lady Ice

14 hours ago, jerrylam said:

I only started running at 41 and I feel there is still so much more to achieve. For you young chaps, enjoy the journey. It's a long one and you'd want to make the best out of it.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, K!m said:

Thus I think I should hang up my running shoes.

They run for prize money. We run for fun leh.  Unless of course you are focusing on becoming an elite?

Edited by prisangel

21 hours ago, jerrylam said:

Very well said Jerry 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wonderfulblevic said:

No need to argue liao i'm MUCH older than both of you haha

So many ah lao like me here....i'm surprised!!! We should start a sub group within SGrunners....V.S.O.P. (Very Strong Old People)

Just now, jerrylam said:

So many ah lao like me here....i'm surprised!!! We should start a sub group within SGrunners....V.S.O.P. (Very Strong Old People)

Jerry where got old? 40 is the new young!!!!

3 hours ago, Steven Cheng said:

I only started running at 41 and I feel there is still so much more to achieve. For you young chaps, enjoy the journey. It's a long one and you'd want to make the best out of it.

For us mere mortals, running is not competitive. It's a lifestyle, and races are only meant to spice up our hobbies a bit. I intend to keep running beyond 90....if i live that long.

• Like 1