lonewolf

Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore - 2-3 Dec 2017

1 hour ago, posfe2 said:

It would be nice if they also mark the hydration points on the map. I guess they are probably still planning them. 

But i like the new route so far, no heartbreaking bridge.. Hehe

I think they are combining hydration points with the aid station and everyone will go through Heartbreak bridge.

The route looks promising with like about 13K at Fort Rd/ECP loop, much shorter than the previous routing. Although everyone will be running together for the last 6k of their race. 

On 31/08/2017 at 0:28 PM, posfe2 said:

It would be nice if they also mark the hydration points on the map. I guess they are probably still planning them. 

Edit: I was blind, they are marked already. However, they haven't indicate whether banana and gel will be provided along the route.

But I like the new route so far, no heartbreaking bridge.. Hehe

The route need to run across Shear Bridge which is the heartbreaking bridge or your heartbreaking bridge is another bridge?

19 minutes ago, mover said:

The route need to run across Shear Bridge which is the heartbreaking bridge or your heartbreaking bridge is another bridge?

I think they mentioned that they will input the banana and gel station soon....

13 hours ago, mover said:

My bad. I didn't look close enough. So yes, the Shear Bridge is still there :(

Hi, may I know if anybody here has joined the training run provided by the organiser? Is hydration provided and what is the pace of the slowest group?

Another thing is, if u hv a HM run tmr, would u join a 33k training run today?

Thanks. :)

16 hours ago, PandaC said:

Hi, may I know if anybody here has joined the training run provided by the organiser? Is hydration provided and what is the pace of the slowest group?

Another thing is, if u hv a HM run tmr, would u join a 33k training run today?

for your 2nd question, it depends how much you have trained so far and if it's gradual... and of course your training pace and the pace that you intend for the HM... If these 2 races are ran at easy pace, and if you have a strong base to your run over the years, why not... but you would need to ensure your following week need to taper back.... 

54 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

for your 2nd question, it depends how much you have trained so far and if it's gradual... and of course your training pace and the pace that you intend for the HM... If these 2 races are ran at easy pace, and if you have a strong base to your run over the years, why not... but you would need to ensure your following week need to taper back.... 

The problem is I do not have a strong base and hopes to build it up by joining the training runs. Haiz, maybe shouldn't take a risk, fitness level not there yet. 

8 hours ago, PandaC said:

The problem is I do not have a strong base and hopes to build it up by joining the training runs. Haiz, maybe shouldn't take a risk, fitness level not there yet. 

yes, i would think so too cause i am more worried about injury risk too...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, prisangel said:

How doing strength sets such as squats can help runners, according to Official Coach for SCSM, Ben Pulham from Coached.

http://www.prischew.com/sports/running/doing-strength-exercises-like-squats-can-help-runners-according-to-coacheds-ben-pulham/

Thanks for the articles, interesting way to simulate long distance effect without the actual pounding.

10 hours ago, Arvin Tunas said:

Thanks for the articles, interesting way to simulate long distance effect without the actual pounding.

No problem. Glad it helps! 

7 hours ago, yc_hsieh said:

Anyone facing any problems when trying to purchase bus ticket like me?

not that I hear of, those whom I knew buying the tics have bought them...

8 hours ago, yc_hsieh said:

No problem. I already bought on that day I registered.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, yc_hsieh said:

If you didn't purchase during registration, email the EO about it. With info such as pick up location and registration ID. They will call you in couple days for the payment. 

Edited by Arvin Tunas

20 hours ago, yc_hsieh said:

Still can purchase the bus ticket even after you had registered. Just login to the Active account at the SCMS web site and still can buy merchandise.

11 minutes ago, mover said:

Still can purchase the bus ticket even after you had registered. Just login to the Active account at the SCMS web site and still can buy merchandise.

Thanks for the info. Don't think I bought the bus ticket during my registration.

i am staying at queenstown which is quite close (3km+) to Orchard road. There is no pick up location at queenstown.

i feel like riding bike from the bike sharing company to save on taxi charge. Any idea any place near starting block where i can park the bike legally? 

11 hours ago, verbatin1969 said:

i am staying at queenstown which is quite close (3km+) to Orchard road. There is no pick up location at queenstown.

i feel like riding bike from the bike sharing company to save on taxi charge. Any idea any place near starting block where i can park the bike legally? 

newer buildings might have the bicycle parking lots hidden in a corner... as for older buildings, might be harder to find... actually is there a need for legally parking of the bike from the bike sharing company? I thought legally means anywhere as seen from current situation... hahah....:roadrage: