lonewolf

Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore - 2-3 Dec 2017

I normally wear my finisher tees during my overseas trip. Seldom wear it in Singapore. Haha.

Finisher tees r just Tees.

So they can be worn anywhere u feel comfortable wearing tees.

Nothing to be proud or shameful off.

That's my take.

1 hour ago, yh90 said:

Im downgrading it to 10k due to osaka marathon.

Orh...ok. 

4 hours ago, yh90 said:

ermmm...ok....noted....

13 hours ago, yh90 said:

that should be a major decision from you...

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, yh90 said:

Ermmmmmmm... OK... I don't know why you would make such a decision coz this is 1 month after the Osaka marathon. It should be manageable to run both.

Maybe you just want to take things easy for your legs and not run so FMs anymore. Respect your decision anyway.

3 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

that should be a major decision from you...

Eh he is not gunning for podium or PB for his runs so he needs to be selective about what runs he is going for... Wouldn't consider this a "major"" decision actually...

Edited by beast

2 hours ago, beast said:

Ermmmmmmm... OK... I don't know why you would make such a decision coz this is 1 month after the Osaka marathon. It should be manageable to run both.

Maybe you just want to take things easy for your legs and not run so FMs anymore. Respect your decision anyway.

Eh he is not gunning for podium or PB for his runs so he needs to be selective about what runs he is going for... Wouldn't consider this a "major"" decision actually...

actually it is quite siong for the body (legs especially) to run 2 FM within a span of 5 weeks. So I think that's a wise decision.

1 hour ago, AutumnRunner said:

actually it is quite siong for the body (legs especially) to run 2 FM within a span of 5 weeks. So I think that's a wise decision.

what 5 weeks? there isn't 5 weeks gap for these 2 races...:P

15 minutes ago, medic said:

what 5 weeks? there isn't 5 weeks gap for these 2 races...:P

yah.... just 1 week apart... once again I forgot that it's been changed to Nov... and also kena led by @beast too when he said 1 month.... hahahh...

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, beast said:

Er scsm is one week after osaka marathon .osaka is 26 nov.

Edited by yh90

Yup sorry I still remembered it as end Oct as well...forgot it got pushed to end Nov...Paiseh...

In that case yah it makes sense to downgrade as 2 FMs a week apart might be rather tiring... 

Posted (edited)

The top of the medal has a long slit, which I presume is for the lanyard... wonder what is the actual dimension of the medal.. some medals can be quite huge...

Edited by AutumnRunner

the medal edge of the west side..looks like can be used for beer bottles opening? :P

Just now, medic said:

the medal edge of the west side..looks like can be used for beer bottles opening? :P

you are right!! I read somewhere that this is the NEW feature for this year..

21 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

Yup. The medal is a bottle opener too. Frankly, I wouldn't do that.  :crazysmile:

SCMS17_EDM-Medal-rev.jpg

"This time I will" - Is this supposed to be this year's tagline or something?

3 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

For those who wanna be reminded about the medals from 2008 - 2014 (have not updated 2015 and 2016), you can view in the link below... I truly agree with @jerrylam that the medals are starting to repeat itself, especially the graphics design.

https://autumnrunner.wordpress.com/2014/11/30/medal-review-standard-chartered-marathon-singapore-2014/

So when will the next update be? :ph34r:

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

For those who wanna be reminded about the medals from 2008 - 2014 (have not updated 2015 and 2016), you can view in the link below... I truly agree with @jerrylam that the medals are starting to repeat itself, especially the graphics design.

https://autumnrunner.wordpress.com/2014/11/30/medal-review-standard-chartered-marathon-singapore-2014/

Thanks for the update of the previous years medals

Edited by sivakumar