Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lonewolf

Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore - 2-3 Dec 2017

258 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, kcslchin said:

not once a year if you did the 2017 2XU HM + SCMS 2017 HM/FM

Means after run, Sunday is :lazy: day

Haa... I try my best not to sleep after the run...else Sunday night can't sleep...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

Haa... I try my best not to sleep after the run...else Sunday night can't sleep...

Wow! My body always forces me to sleep after an early morning HM. Surprisingly, I can still fall asleep easily on that night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, TimeMachinex said:

Wow! My body always forces me to sleep after an early morning HM. Surprisingly, I can still fall asleep easily on that night.

that's good... I tried before being a walking zombie at night after taking a sleep in noon after run... hahhh..

Have those who registered "ki chiu" (raised hand in Hokkien) in this forum already? 20,000 numbers and I am sure many here contributed to the numbers...I am ONE of them....:punk:

Edited by AutumnRunner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, posfe2 said:

Still debating...

have till 30 Jun for the early bird period...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I registered through U Run All Access during Super Early Bird but haven't get confirmation yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Registered for FM liaoz during the super early bird. Siong!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

that's good... I tried before being a walking zombie at night after taking a sleep in noon after run... hahhh..

Have those who registered "ki chiu" (raised hand in Hokkien) in this forum already? 20,000 numbers and I am sure many here contributed to the numbers...I am ONE of them....:punk:

I have not signed up yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Signed for HM. Waiting for SCSM to become Standard Chartered Sundown Marathon to start at 6pm to sign up for FM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎20‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:02 AM, R2D2 said:

Signed for HM. Waiting for SCSM to become Standard Chartered Sundown Marathon to start at 6pm to sign up for FM

that might be a few years of waiting at least....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look at this year's finisher tee!! Black for FM individual and blue for Ekiden. They are separating these 2 categories more distinctly than past years... which is correct.. else my friend who took part in Ekiden will always say she got to wear the 42.195km tee too when she ran 6km... :hot:

Lai lai... comments? I felt the addition of Singapore at the back is good but the 42.195km word seemed a bit too "loud"...like very haolian(proud)

IMG-20170602-WA0001.thumb.jpg.8beae2a87d58c91168f48b10ae6daef2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

Look at this year's finisher tee!! Black for FM individual and blue for Ekiden. They are separating these 2 categories more distinctly than past years... which is correct.. else my friend who took part in Ekiden will always say she got to wear the 42.195km tee too when she ran 6km... :hot:

Lai lai... comments? I felt the addition of Singapore at the back is good but the 42.195km word seemed a bit too "loud"...like very haolian(proud)

IMG-20170602-WA0001.thumb.jpg.8beae2a87d58c91168f48b10ae6daef2.jpg

Noobie prefers big. In fact bigger than proposed design is better.
Important for all the marathon noobies as a sign of affirmation they no longer running noobs :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AutumnRunner said:

Look at this year's finisher tee!! Black for FM individual and blue for Ekiden. They are separating these 2 categories more distinctly than past years... which is correct.. else my friend who took part in Ekiden will always say she got to wear the 42.195km tee too when she ran 6km... :hot:

Lai lai... comments? I felt the addition of Singapore at the back is good but the 42.195km word seemed a bit too "loud"...like very haolian(proud)

IMG-20170602-WA0001.thumb.jpg.8beae2a87d58c91168f48b10ae6daef2.jpg

I remembered in your Sundown Marathon blog your commented that the distance indicated on the finisher medal is too small. So too small cannot see, too big becomes too hao lian....aiyoh...

Seriously, size is relative and there is no satisfying anyone. If it is too loud or small, and you are not comfortable with that, then can just give them away...So many people wearing finishers on the streets nowadays that it doesn't really matter anymore, nobody is going to judge anyone wearing for wearing a finisher...

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beast said:

I remembered in your Sundown Marathon blog your commented that the distance indicated on the finisher medal is too small. So too small cannot see, too big becomes too hao lian....aiyoh...

Seriously, size is relative and there is no satisfying anyone. If it is too loud or small, and you are not comfortable with that, then can just give them away...So many people wearing finishers on the streets nowadays that it doesn't really matter anymore, nobody is going to judge anyone wearing for wearing a finisher...

medal and finisher tee is different mah... finisher tee would wear out to public... medal would not mah....hahah...

anyway, no matter what, as long as the finisher tee is earned, it will be super nice when you receive it in your sweaty hands...hahha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I think it's OK for a FM finisher tee to be loud.

What I dislike is the 'loudness' of the some shorter distance HM, 10K and even 6K. The worst offender is of cos the now defunct Jurong Lake Run (6K and 10K).

This yr finisher tee from 2XU and Eco Run are super nice. Not too loud.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Personally, I think it's OK for a FM finisher tee to be loud.

What I dislike is the 'loudness' of the some shorter distance HM, 10K and even 6K. The worst offender is of cos the now defunct Jurong Lake Run (6K and 10K).

This yr finisher tee from 2XU and Eco Run are super nice. Not too loud.  

 

Bit too loud to my liking but ok lah... like what they said "then what's the point of finisher tee?"

 

This year 2XU finisher tee is super nice, bit regret not signing up for the HM.  Pocari sweat run finisher tee couple years ago also super nice.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wah so big or loud.

Maybe should sign up for my first 42.195 brisk walk to earn my 1st FM finisher tee :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kcslchin said:

Wah so big or loud.

Maybe should sign up for my first 42.195 brisk walk to earn my 1st FM finisher tee :lol:

Some brisk walker can be super fast too... gogo..join in the fun..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2017 at 1:10 PM, AutumnRunner said:

Some brisk walker can be super fast too... gogo..join in the fun..

You are right! I have seen a few professional walkers in our local run events who are super fast! 

But not me lah... :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As per their FB and IG post, you can email Ironman Asia if you need to change the shirt size. Details in SCSM FB/IG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do agree that the finisher tee is almost of no value, bec everyone on the street can own one. Try going to a local gym u feel more xian, all the people wearing the same event tee, Army half, Standard Chat, in parks, in jogging track, its seems a bit Gay too...haha.

nowadays people are smarter, and more techno-savy, our days we will so called endure wear the event singlet or finisher tee for once even we dun like it for the race day. Nowadays the teens will not even wear the event singlet or Finisher tee and sell them for good money via "carousel" or online, one singlet can easily fetch $15, finisher tee, $40-$50 each. So the event tee is actually a $$$ tool to sell to others. 

But still there is a group of so called stubborn people that die die like to wear the event singlet and then after event, throw them aside or use as pyjamas. I have learn the smart way, sell them via carousel already bec the event singlet and tee really worth nothing when u see so many youngsters wearing it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, AdiZero said:

But still there is a group of so called stubborn people that die die like to wear the event singlet and then after event, throw them aside or use as pyjamas. I have learn the smart way, sell them via carousel already bec the event singlet and tee really worth nothing when u see so many youngsters wearing it. 

this is really a sad thing but to each his own.. I am sure there are still many out there who keeps their finisher tees in their cupboards although they never wear them... I think runners would not bear to sell their event/finisher tees from more well known marathons with stricter cut-off times..:punk:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

this is really a sad thing but to each his own.. I am sure there are still many out there who keeps their finisher tees in their cupboards although they never wear them... I think runners would not bear to sell their event/finisher tees from more well known marathons with stricter cut-off times..:punk:

For all the flak about the degradation in value of the finisher tees, i still like them though. I'll never say no to it. Although i don't wear them for runs or workouts, they are still good to be worn at home or as pajamas. I've kept every single finisher tee i collected since 2008....i've never bought any home wear since hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

this is really a sad thing but to each his own.. I am sure there are still many out there who keeps their finisher tees in their cupboards although they never wear them... I think runners would not bear to sell their event/finisher tees from more well known marathons with stricter cut-off times..:punk:

I keep all the finisher tee in cabinet without opening it. I will take the oldest finisher tee to wear it unit it wear out , then it time to take the next oldest one to wear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.