lonewolf

HomeTeamNS Real Run 2017 - 15 Oct (Sun)

1 hour ago, Ender said:

If you stay on for the prize presentation, many of the top 5 runners MIA when their names are called out.  Also there seems to bea commotion regarding the the 1st runner for veteran 10km.. 

Oh... I thought it's Lexus Tan ? No?

40 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

Oh... I thought it's Lexus Tan ? No?

Think they announce his name, then got one ang moh making gestures with the organisers, together with the 2nd prize winner. Not too sure, can't confirm. But it seems they readily give out the potential winner badge, and some winners are located all over the place, not from the winners tent. And as  I mentioned before, quite alot of the 3th to 5th winners were MIA, suspect they left the site liao. Probably they weren't given the potential winner badge? 

1 hour ago, Ender said:

Think they announce his name, then got one ang moh making gestures with the organisers, together with the 2nd prize winner. Not too sure, can't confirm. But it seems they readily give out the potential winner badge, and some winners are located all over the place, not from the winners tent. And as  I mentioned before, quite alot of the 3th to 5th winners were MIA, suspect they left the site liao. Probably they weren't given the potential winner badge? 

Podium runners MIA during prize ceremony is very common. Nothing really too surprising. 

Not sure what the commotion was about but if there was a dispute over the results, then there is a mechanism in place for the aggrieved runners to lodge a protest. If that 'ang moh making gestures' is an aggrieved runner and he did not lodge a complaint (perhaps not wanting to pay the non-refundable $50 fee) then he should not be making a commotion

In any case,  I am of the opinion that it's terribly bad manners on the part of the race winners not to be present for the prize presentation. Its as if the prize is not good enough for them to stay or something. And even if you can't stay, common courtesy dictates that you should still let the race organsier knows.

Edited by lonewolf

46 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

There are many runners who ran their guts out but still cannot get any prizes... haa.. 

So overall it's a well organised race... pity that not many runners took part this morning.

https://autumnrunner.wordpress.com/2017/10/15/race-review-home-team-ns-real-run-2017/

Though not many, but quite a number of good runners.

Was checking my strava, notice a majority of the Real Runners clock 40+ minutes.

I also one of those  who ran their hearts out and didn't get anything. I am under HomeTeam Nsmen category , and I thought most will be like me,  pes C2 or lower. I have under estimate my comrades. 

This run do not have the X-change vibe, but the good old standard format of organized run.  Which is good.  I guess most of the volunteers are nsf, instead of x-change staff. 

Edited by Ender

12 hours ago, Ender said:

Though not many, but quite a number of good runners.

Was checking my strava, notice a majority of the Real Runners clock 40+ minutes.

I also one of those  who ran their hearts out and didn't get anything. I am under HomeTeam Nsmen category , and I thought most will be like me,  pes C2 or lower. I have under estimate my comrades. 

This run do not have the X-change vibe, but the good old standard format of organized run.  Which is good.  I guess most of the volunteers are nsf, instead of x-change staff. 

yes, this race definitely do not have the feel of x-change cause there is a large group of organisers running the show.. they were dressed in grey t-shirt... and yes, most of the volunteers I seen are male thus they definitely made full use of their own nsfs...

On 10/14/2017 at 12:20 PM, AutumnRunner said:

I think so @kcslchin ...never mind ah, it's not happening again anyway.... hahah....

Been to the race area this morning and logistics preparation for the starting precinct has started...

The race IS happening again for The Performance Series Leg 3 on 4 Nov. I am considering since it will relive the memories of running at CEC again....

Glad everyone had a good run and it wasn't marred with X-change events poor organization again.... 

Edited by beast

8 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

yes, this race definitely do not have the feel of x-change cause there is a large group of organisers running the show.. they were dressed in grey t-shirt... and yes, most of the volunteers I seen are male thus they definitely made full use of their own nsfs...

I didn't know X-change events volunteers are all female...........

1 hour ago, AutumnRunner said:

Confirmed volunteer are NSF, the road marshals from the crime fighters Delta Division. I don't know how much was X-change involvement,  Seems like Hometeam own committee ran the whole show.

6 hours ago, beast said:

The race IS happening again for The Performance Series Leg 3 on 4 Nov. I am considering since it will relive the memories of running at CEC again....

Glad everyone had a good run and it wasn't marred with X-change events poor organization again.... 

you should consider if you have not been to the Waterway... but no guarantee if the Coney Island gate will be opened a not... hahah

5 hours ago, Ender said:

Confirmed volunteer are NSF, the road marshals from the crime fighters Delta Division. I don't know how much was X-change involvement,  Seems like Hometeam own committee ran the whole show.

yea, I saw the photo a few days back... so.... it's proven to be well organized by them... :thumbsu:

This year seems to be more well organized.. and in fact I see a lot of nsman or nsf running this race... so I guess they see the drop in the number of public runners and want to gain back the trust and confidence...

On 10/14/2017 at 12:20 PM, AutumnRunner said:

I think so @kcslchin ...never mind ah, it's not happening again anyway.... hahah....

Been to the race area this morning and logistics preparation for the starting precinct has started...

On 10/16/2017 at 9:43 AM, beast said:

On 10/16/2017 at 4:35 PM, AutumnRunner said:

you should consider if you have not been to the Waterway... but no guarantee if the Coney Island gate will be opened a not... hahah

Huh... I am not referring to running at Waterway and Coney Island.... Aren't we discussing about running at CEC earlier on and you mention that a run at CEC is not happening again? I am telling you that there is going to be a run there on 4 Nov which I am considering...

1 hour ago, beast said:

Huh... I am not referring to running at Waterway and Coney Island.... Aren't we discussing about running at CEC earlier on and you mention that a run at CEC is not happening again? I am telling you that there is going to be a run there on 4 Nov which I am considering...

haaa.... ok my wrong.. i kept thinking about how Real Run managed to pull this off so nicely as compared to Runner's League.. and this gate just kept seated firmly in my mind... hahah...

and indeed CEC is another long lost place where very little races organized there.... just enjoy the run on 4th Nov..