Jump to content
lonewolf

HomeTeamNS Real Run 2017 - 15 Oct (Sun)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Ender said:

If you stay on for the prize presentation, many of the top 5 runners MIA when their names are called out.  Also there seems to bea commotion regarding the the 1st runner for veteran 10km.. 

 

Oh... I thought it's Lexus Tan ? No?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

Oh... I thought it's Lexus Tan ? No?

Think they announce his name, then got one ang moh making gestures with the organisers, together with the 2nd prize winner. Not too sure, can't confirm. But it seems they readily give out the potential winner badge, and some winners are located all over the place, not from the winners tent. And as  I mentioned before, quite alot of the 3th to 5th winners were MIA, suspect they left the site liao. Probably they weren't given the potential winner badge? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ender said:

Think they announce his name, then got one ang moh making gestures with the organisers, together with the 2nd prize winner. Not too sure, can't confirm. But it seems they readily give out the potential winner badge, and some winners are located all over the place, not from the winners tent. And as  I mentioned before, quite alot of the 3th to 5th winners were MIA, suspect they left the site liao. Probably they weren't given the potential winner badge? 

Podium runners MIA during prize ceremony is very common. Nothing really too surprising. 

Not sure what the commotion was about but if there was a dispute over the results, then there is a mechanism in place for the aggrieved runners to lodge a protest. If that 'ang moh making gestures' is an aggrieved runner and he did not lodge a complaint (perhaps not wanting to pay the non-refundable $50 fee) then he should not be making a commotion

In any case,  I am of the opinion that it's terribly bad manners on the part of the race winners not to be present for the prize presentation. Its as if the prize is not good enough for them to stay or something. And even if you can't stay, common courtesy dictates that you should still let the race organsier knows.

Edited by lonewolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

There are many runners who ran their guts out but still cannot get any prizes... haa.. 

So overall it's a well organised race... pity that not many runners took part this morning.

https://autumnrunner.wordpress.com/2017/10/15/race-review-home-team-ns-real-run-2017/

Though not many, but quite a number of good runners.

Was checking my strava, notice a majority of the Real Runners clock 40+ minutes.

I also one of those  who ran their hearts out and didn't get anything. I am under HomeTeam Nsmen category , and I thought most will be like me,  pes C2 or lower. I have under estimate my comrades. 

This run do not have the X-change vibe, but the good old standard format of organized run.  Which is good.  I guess most of the volunteers are nsf, instead of x-change staff. 

Edited by Ender

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ender said:

Though not many, but quite a number of good runners.

Was checking my strava, notice a majority of the Real Runners clock 40+ minutes.

I also one of those  who ran their hearts out and didn't get anything. I am under HomeTeam Nsmen category , and I thought most will be like me,  pes C2 or lower. I have under estimate my comrades. 

This run do not have the X-change vibe, but the good old standard format of organized run.  Which is good.  I guess most of the volunteers are nsf, instead of x-change staff. 

yes, this race definitely do not have the feel of x-change cause there is a large group of organisers running the show.. they were dressed in grey t-shirt... and yes, most of the volunteers I seen are male thus they definitely made full use of their own nsfs...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2017 at 12:20 PM, AutumnRunner said:

I think so @kcslchin ...never mind ah, it's not happening again anyway.... hahah....

Been to the race area this morning and logistics preparation for the starting precinct has started...

The race IS happening again for The Performance Series Leg 3 on 4 Nov. I am considering since it will relive the memories of running at CEC again....

Glad everyone had a good run and it wasn't marred with X-change events poor organization again.... 

Edited by beast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

yes, this race definitely do not have the feel of x-change cause there is a large group of organisers running the show.. they were dressed in grey t-shirt... and yes, most of the volunteers I seen are male thus they definitely made full use of their own nsfs...

I didn't know X-change events volunteers are all female...........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AutumnRunner said:

yes, this race definitely do not have the feel of x-change cause there is a large group of organisers running the show.. they were dressed in grey t-shirt... and yes, most of the volunteers I seen are male thus they definitely made full use of their own nsfs...

Confirmed volunteer are NSF, the road marshals from the crime fighters Delta Division. I don't know how much was X-change involvement,  Seems like Hometeam own committee ran the whole show.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, beast said:

The race IS happening again for The Performance Series Leg 3 on 4 Nov. I am considering since it will relive the memories of running at CEC again....

Glad everyone had a good run and it wasn't marred with X-change events poor organization again.... 

you should consider if you have not been to the Waterway... but no guarantee if the Coney Island gate will be opened a not... hahah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ender said:

Confirmed volunteer are NSF, the road marshals from the crime fighters Delta Division. I don't know how much was X-change involvement,  Seems like Hometeam own committee ran the whole show.

 

yea, I saw the photo a few days back... so.... it's proven to be well organized by them... :thumbsu:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This year seems to be more well organized.. and in fact I see a lot of nsman or nsf running this race... so I guess they see the drop in the number of public runners and want to gain back the trust and confidence...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2017 at 12:20 PM, AutumnRunner said:

I think so @kcslchin ...never mind ah, it's not happening again anyway.... hahah....

Been to the race area this morning and logistics preparation for the starting precinct has started...

 

On 10/16/2017 at 9:43 AM, beast said:

The race IS happening again for The Performance Series Leg 3 on 4 Nov. I am considering since it will relive the memories of running at CEC again....

Glad everyone had a good run and it wasn't marred with X-change events poor organization again.... 

 

On 10/16/2017 at 4:35 PM, AutumnRunner said:

you should consider if you have not been to the Waterway... but no guarantee if the Coney Island gate will be opened a not... hahah

Huh... I am not referring to running at Waterway and Coney Island.... Aren't we discussing about running at CEC earlier on and you mention that a run at CEC is not happening again? I am telling you that there is going to be a run there on 4 Nov which I am considering...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beast said:

Huh... I am not referring to running at Waterway and Coney Island.... Aren't we discussing about running at CEC earlier on and you mention that a run at CEC is not happening again? I am telling you that there is going to be a run there on 4 Nov which I am considering...

 

haaa.... ok my wrong.. i kept thinking about how Real Run managed to pull this off so nicely as compared to Runner's League.. and this gate just kept seated firmly in my mind... hahah...

and indeed CEC is another long lost place where very little races organized there.... just enjoy the run on 4th Nov..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  • Upcoming Events

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • This is one of those instances where I think Pink Apple is doing a bad job in terms of planning. Of course, we understand that there's restriction in terms of road closure etc which may be why it's necessary to have the diversion point in the first place. Still, regardless of the reasons, the onus is on Pink Apple to come up with a 'diverted' route that does not prejudice the slower runners. The diverted route should not be shorter and hence disqualified the runners who do not reach the diversion point by the cut off time. Slower runners should not be disqualified at the organisational convenience of Pink Apple. Of course, there will be some who may argue that those who cannot complete an HM in 2h 45m has no business attempting the 32K but the point is moot. If the intended pace is indeed meant to be sub 7.8 min/k then the cut off time should have been adjusted accordingly and highlighted so that potential participants can make an informed choice.  We also need to remember that the 2h45m cut off applies for those who start in the first wave (typically the faster runner who will have no problem meeting the cut off). For the slower runners that start in the subsequent waves, they will have lesser time to reach the diversion point by 0745 hrs. Also, for those who are diverted and run a shorter course, I dun think they will be very happy to be shortchanged or to wear a polo finisher proclaiming them to be '32.195 km Finisher' when they did not run that distance. The difference must be significant enough for the diverted runners to be excluded from ranking.  Ultimately the biggest mystery is the absence of such an arrangement last yr. 
    • Went to their facebook page and someone has indeed raised the question regarding the diversion point, this is the official reply: Hi there, if you miss the cut off time for the diversion point, you will be disqualified in terms of ranking as your distance completed will be different from those who were not diverted. In this case, you will still receive your Medal and Finisher polo when you complete the race.

      However, if you miss the category cut off time of 6 hours to complete the entire race, you may not receive your Medal and Finisher polo. Hope this clarifies
    • I think diverted doesnt mean those who do not meet this timing will be disqualified, just need to take another route? Anyway, in this case, I guess I'll probably be one of them.  Edited: Just read the race booklet, it indeed means disqualified if reach this point later than 7.15am... zzZZZ.. Wondering if there is a mistake as the cut off timing is 6hours, meaning 3hours+ for the remaining 11km? 
    • It was stated on the race booklet and the cut off time for the category is 6 hrs, it doesn't make sense.
    • Sure or not? Not realistic to have 2:45 cut off time for 21.3km based on Singapore local 21km HM finishing times.  Either that, or they are only expecting semi-pro regular serious participants. Anyone who takes 3 hours or more for HM would not cross in time
×