lonewolf

HomeTeamNS Real Run 2017 - 15 Oct (Sun)

1 hour ago, lonewolf said:

HiVelocity was also accepting registration for the SIA Charity Run during the RPC.

Yellow Ribbon Prison Run was also doing the same.

HiVelocity has demonstrated that it is possible to print the bib on the spot (ala the disastrous SDM RPC this yr?). In fact, when I was collecting my race pack for SIA charity Run, there was a gentleman whose bib could not be located. He was told that his bib will be printed at the info counter. :o

So as long as there are adequate packs and tee-shirt/singlet size, walk -n registration at RPC should be standard practice by now. -_-

That is not necessary a bad thing for runners isn't it?

Early birds get to save money by committing early, but some folks might not want to do so due to other personal commitments, and there are some who prefer to run only when there the missing race info are released (such as release of race route only during REPC).

I would say the organizers should focus on raising their standard bar and provide better quality runs. When the quality is there, there is no worry of sign ups.

I think to print the bibs on the spot for a small number of runners is do-able... But not printing for the entire tens of thousands of runners... That makes a lot of difference in the waiting time...

3 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

Very quiet race pack collection... there's a booth which accepts on-site registration too....

U running this race?? :crazysmile:

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

Yea man... 50% off is too good a deal to miss....

Nice! We need you to see whether the presence of a 'central' committee from HometeamNS really does mitigate all the potential damage from XE. And since you ran RL League 01, you knew about all the screw ups from that race.

Looking forward to your unbiased race review. :punk:

By the way, I see the route is out.

Real-Run-Race-Route-5KM-01-705x503.png

Real-Run-Race-Route-10KM-01-705x503.png

So bro AR, are you convinced now? Rem I keep telling you that it will be the same route as RL Leg 01 rt? :crazysmile:

Flag off for 10K is 7am. Hope the gate to Coney Island opens in time. :lol:

Edited by lonewolf

2 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Should be opened in time since the race starts 7 am and start point not inside Coney Island.

14 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Nice! We need you to see whether the presence of a 'central' committee from HometeamNS really does mitigate all the potential damage from XE. And since you ran RL League 01, you knew about all the screw ups from that race.

Looking forward to your unbiased race review. :punk:

By the way, I see the route is out.

Real-Run-Race-Route-10KM-01-705x503.png

So bro AR, are you convinced now? Rem I keep telling you that it will be the same route as RL Leg 01 rt? :crazysmile:

Indeed the race route is exactly the same as Runner's league 01... something that I noticed is that remember we were talking about a wrong left turn which cut short the route of the 10km? from the route shown by Real Run, it seems that the first left turn is actually the correct route.

RunnersLeague-RaceRoute.jpg.cb0fb9f780bc36313df4aae7648b9cf9.jpg

I really want to see how much different this run can pull off from the Runner's League 01 race. The gate of Coney Island opened at about 15mins past 7am that faithful day so we shall see if this repeats again... And not forgetting the marshaling which was almost invisible for Runner's League 01. If this happens again, maybe the PCN disallow any volunteers to guide the runners :lol:

1 hour ago, AutumnRunner said:

Indeed the race route is exactly the same as Runner's league 01... something that I noticed is that remember we were talking about a wrong left turn which cut short the route of the 10km? from the route shown by Real Run, it seems that the first left turn is actually the correct route.

I really want to see how much different this run can pull off from the Runner's League 01 race. The gate of Coney Island opened at about 15mins past 7am that faithful day so we shall see if this repeats again... And not forgetting the marshaling which was almost invisible for Runner's League 01. If this happens again, maybe the PCN disallow any volunteers to guide the runners :lol:

The left turn was wrong for RL Leg 01 but will be correct for Real Run. Which is why there is an additional stretch down Lor Harlus after exiting Coney Island for this run. 

Sometimes your reasoning really defies logic! :fish: Why would NParks (not PCN which describes the infrastructure , not the organisation) disallows volunteers there to guide runners as long as they are causing any obstruction? 

The recent Otter Run was staged on Serangoon PCN and there was plenty of volunteer marshal along the route. The explanation for the invisible marshals for RL Leg 01 is incompetency or bo-chapness on the part of XE.

Anyway :closed:Dun want to turn this into YAXEBT (Yet Another XE Bashing Thread!) 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

The left turn was wrong for RL Leg 01 but will be correct for Real Run. Which is why there is an additional stretch down Lor Harlus after exiting Coney Island for this run. 

Sometimes your reasoning really defies logic! :fish: Why would NParks (not PCN which describes the infrastructure , not the organisation) disallows volunteers there to guide runners as long as they are causing any obstruction? 

The recent Otter Run was staged on Serangoon PCN and there was plenty of volunteer marshal along the route. The explanation for the invisible marshals for RL Leg 01 is incompetency or bo-chapness on the part of XE.

Anyway :closed:Dun want to turn this into YAXEBT (Yet Another XE Bashing Thread!) 

I m trying to "suan" la.... haaa....

oh, my bad, I just saw the little additional distance before turning left down the Lor Halus area after exiting Coney island....

Edited by AutumnRunner

I looking forward to reading post race reviews/ feedback. 

Coincidentally, I'm wearing the 2007 White/Blue REAL Run tee now :P

11 hours ago, kcslchin said:

I looking forward to reading post race reviews/ feedback. 

Coincidentally, I'm wearing the 2007 White/Blue REAL Run tee now :P

the truth will be out this weekend... hahah....

and yea, I seen the white tee before... gone were the days of 4 terrains...

1 hour ago, AutumnRunner said:

Haha don't know why you keep thinking is 4...

I remembered it is always trail, sand and road....unless I remembered wrongly and cannot recall what is the 4th terrain...

3 hours ago, beast said:

Haha don't know why you keep thinking is 4...

I remembered it is always trail, sand and road....unless I remembered wrongly and cannot recall what is the 4th terrain...

If I don't remember wrongly, it's Asphalt... See if anyone else here remembers....

22 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

To me, the event is basically 3 terrains although  they advert it as 4 terrains. 

Shouldn't count if 10% or less is a particular terrain.  Otherwise, can create a muddy patch of 50m and another patch of jungle trail and you can have 5 terrain run. Haha haha

1 hour ago, kcslchin said:

To me, the event is basically 3 terrains although  they advert it as 4 terrains. 

Shouldn't count if 10% or less is a particular terrain.  Otherwise, can create a muddy patch of 50m and another patch of jungle trail and you can have 5 terrain run. Haha haha

yes, it's mainly 3 terrains tat we ran in... well, it's part of marketing and I just somehow remember this quite deeply... I remember after the run, my friends and I were discussing which exactly is the 4th terrain... :startle:

19 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

If I don't remember wrongly, it's Asphalt... See if anyone else here remembers....

Road and Asphalt should be the same mah... Unless they want to so distinctive in differentiating between the pedestrian walkway and road for cars...

16 minutes ago, beast said:

Road and Asphalt should be the same mah... Unless they want to so distinctive in differentiating between the pedestrian walkway and road for cars...

no idea man... to me its the same la.... :iiam:

I think the 'Asphalt' part was the little bit of 'runway'? Trying to recall which part was it

12 hours ago, kcslchin said:

I think the 'Asphalt' part was the little bit of 'runway'? Trying to recall which part was it

yes, I think it's the Taxiway... I have attached the link which mentioned about the 4 different terrains in the first sentence and also the route then in 2011... note the legend mention road and taxiway so I believe they take these as 2 different terrains....

https://www.runsociety.com/races/race-prelude-new-balance-real-run-2011/

NBRR11 Race Route

12 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

yes, I think it's the Taxiway... I have attached the link which mentioned about the 4 different terrains in the first sentence and also the route then in 2011... note the legend mention road and taxiway so I believe they take these as 2 different terrains....

https://www.runsociety.com/races/race-prelude-new-balance-real-run-2011/

NBRR11 Race Route

Ah.............."Park Connector" is one of the 4 terrains??

1. Park Connector

2. Terrain

3. Beach

4. Road/Taxiway

I think so @kcslchin ...never mind ah, it's not happening again anyway.... hahah....

Been to the race area this morning and logistics preparation for the starting precinct has started...

Great run. Plenty of banana, drinks at the end of the run. No queue for medals, baggage, snd coney island was opened before the runners reached.. Stick to old format is the best. 

If you stay on for the prize presentation, many of the top 5 runners MIA when their names are called out.  Also there seems to bea commotion regarding the the 1st runner for veteran 10km..