lonewolf

HomeTeamNS Real Run 2017 - 15 Oct (Sun)

25 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

they might want to portray themselves as the only organizer for races at Punggol Waterway... hmnn.... :phew:

that is really not true. Punggol CSC is doing Otter Run in the vicinity since 2013 or 2014. Also, TPS 2016 and 2017 is in Punggol Waterway + Coney Island

39 minutes ago, bookie said:

that is really not true. Punggol CSC is doing Otter Run in the vicinity since 2013 or 2014. Also, TPS 2016 and 2017 is in Punggol Waterway + Coney Island

that's a relieve then.... :punk:

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, bookie said:

FYI this year the organiser is X-Change events. You have been warned...

Damn! Your source is solid. :goodjob:

I wrote to the race organiser and was informed that  Adventurers Singapore and X-Change Events have been engaged for logistics support. The route planning, road marshall, baggage system and the runner's experience are all handle by HomeTeamNS and our committee members. 

Also, Pocari is the isotonic sponsor so we won't be getting any of the 'no isotonic on route' nonsense.

Frankly, not really sure if I still want to sign up for this race. :unknw:

Edited by lonewolf

4 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

Damn! Your source is solid. :goodjob:

I wrote to the race organiser and was informed that  Adventurers Singapore and X-Change Events have been engaged for logistics support. The route planning, road marshall, baggage system and the runner's experience are all handle by HomeTeamNS and our committee members. 

Also, Pocari is the isotonic sponsor so we won't be getting any of the 'no isotonic on route' nonsense.

Frankly, not really sure if I still want to sign up for this race. :unknw:

looking at this, I think HomeTeamNS has a big say in the requirements to keep to their standard and it's not those races which are solely managed by the events company. This gives runners the confidence on the race experience as Organisers have different perspective from the events company.

31 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

looking at this, I think HomeTeamNS has a big say in the requirements to keep to their standard and it's not those races which are solely managed by the events company. This gives runners the confidence on the race experience as Organisers have different perspective from the events company.

I hope so. But juding from the past I still believe that X-Change will try to cut corners any way they can.  Maybe we should warn HomeTeamNS so they keep a closer eye on them hahaha

3 hours ago, bookie said:

I hope so. But juding from the past I still believe that X-Change will try to cut corners any way they can.  Maybe we should warn HomeTeamNS so they keep a closer eye on them hahaha

:thumbsu:... hope that this race would change the way X-change manage the events.. in a good way... 

1 hour ago, AutumnRunner said:

:thumbsu:... hope that this race would change the way X-change manage the events.. in a good way... 

Erm how so?

Bro lonewolf already mentioned that they will only be engaged to help with part of the logistics. The route planning, road marshall, baggage system and the runner's experience will be managed by HomeTeamNS  and its committee members. 

Even if the run turns out well eventually, most of the credit shouldn't go to them as it will not a good gauge of their event management.

7 minutes ago, beast said:

Erm how so?

Bro lonewolf already mentioned that they will only be engaged to help with part of the logistics. The route planning, road marshall, baggage system and the runner's experience will be managed by HomeTeamNS  and its committee members. 

Even if the run turns out well eventually, most of the credit shouldn't go to them as it will not a good gauge of their event management.

They have to see how others manage the events so that they can pick up the good pointers. This is the time where they got to liaise with the event organiser on logistics and can see their rationale for doing certain things in certain ways...

A lot depends on the mentality too... ok, going out of topic liaoz...

I should not be signing up for this...

11 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

They have to see how others manage the events so that they can pick up the good pointers. This is the time where they got to liaise with the event organiser on logistics and can see their rationale for doing certain things in certain ways...

You really believe they will do that? As an official race event organizer, you think they will take tips and pointers from a team who isn't doing this on a full time basis?

They will just deliver what has been contracted out to them to manage and take the money.

I also don't think they are that inexperienced to not understand how to organize a good running event. So far from what I read, most of the issues plaguing the runs that they have organized  can be avoided if they do not try to cut costs or even put more thoughts into it. Nothing that they need to learn from someone else.

42 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

They have to see how others manage the events so that they can pick up the good pointers. 

bro, I understand your good intentions, but let us not be naive... they are contracted professional event organisers and not high school students, so this is not a test or opportunity for them to "learn". They should know these things already since this is how the make money. 

21 minutes ago, beast said:

You really believe they will do that? As an official race event organizer, you think they will take tips and pointers from a team who isn't doing this on a full time basis?

They will just deliver what has been contracted out to them to manage and take the money.

I also don't think they are that inexperienced to not understand how to organize a good running event. So far from what I read, most of the issues plaguing the runs that they have organized  can be avoided if they do not try to cut costs or even put more thoughts into it. Nothing that they need to learn from someone else.

2 minutes ago, bookie said:

bro, I understand your good intentions, but let us not be naive... they are contracted professional event organisers and not high school students, so this is not a test or opportunity for them to "learn". They should know these things already since this is how the make money. 

yea man.... that's the sad practicality of life... If one doesn't want to keep improving and only "do what they need to" without thinking on rationale, they will never improve...

8 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

7 hours ago, bookie said:

I had informed the race organiser about my concerns with XE and their recent patchy records. I expressed hesitation about signing up for the race based on their involvement.

The race organiser has assured me that the race is being spearheaded by the HomeTeamNS committee. XE is merely supporting them with ground logistics and online registration portal. 

Based on my previous RealRun experience, I am inclined to give this race a chance. Anyway, no need to make a decision now. Maybe wait for more details like the race route before making a final decision.

7 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

I had informed the race organiser about my concerns with XE and their recent patchy records. I expressed hesitation about signing up for the race based on their involvement.

The race organiser has assured me that the race is being spearheaded by the HomeTeamNS committee. XE is merely supporting them with ground logistics and online registration portal. 

Based on my previous RealRun experience, I am inclined to give this race a chance. Anyway, no need to make a decision now. Maybe wait for more details like the race route before making a final decision.

"ground logistics" - errrr isn't that XE is bad at?

Anyway, I won't be signing up for this not because of XE, but cos I lost interest in this event since a few years ago.

Posted (edited)

I stopped joining this race in 2015 when the 10km finishers were not entitled to a finisher medal but were given a finisher tee instead... although the medal was given to the 5km race...

this year is in Coney island... so maybe wait for the route first... I wonder where they are finding sand to run on...

Edited by AutumnRunner

11 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

I stopped joining this race in 2015 when the 10km finishers were not entitled to a finisher medal but were given a finisher tee instead... although the medal was given to the 5km race...

this year is in Coney island... so maybe wait for the route first... I wonder where they are finding sand to run on...

Have sand on the island near the water (& rocky paths) - but the sand part very narrow hor :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, kcslchin said:

Have sand on the island near the water (& rocky paths) - but the sand part very narrow hor :rolleyes:

yes, the sand area at coney island is too narrow and not suitable for mass events...

I quit going to Home team real run after they no longer use the Changi coastal road that area, to me the good old route is one of the best run ever, it consist of 3 running surfaces, gravel, trail and seaside soft sand run, its really the best running experience as the route is super unique, where can u find a race with 3 types of running surface ! And how often one goes Changi coastal area (a wulu area) with no MRT. Thus making this race Super nice ! 

then they switch to Sentosa, then they shorten all the good 21km, 15km races to 10km, 5km maybe for easier management? ....and blah blah blah then full stop, i stop going for the hometeam Real run already. I sincerely hope they can bring back the good old days. 

57 minutes ago, AdiZero said:

I quit going to Home team real run after they no longer use the Changi coastal road that area, to me the good old route is one of the best run ever, it consist of 3 running surfaces, gravel, trail and seaside soft sand run, its really the best running experience as the route is super unique, where can u find a race with 3 types of running surface ! And how often one goes Changi coastal area (a wulu area) with no MRT. Thus making this race Super nice ! 

then they switch to Sentosa, then they shorten all the good 21km, 15km races to 10km, 5km maybe for easier management? ....and blah blah blah then full stop, i stop going for the hometeam Real run already. I sincerely hope they can bring back the good old days. 

Agree with you. I stopped after they shifted from changi. 

1 hour ago, AdiZero said:

I feel that we discuss this every year and remembering the "good old days" of Changi coastal road when the Real Run starts registration haha.

Anyone knows what is the latest update to the Changi Exhibition Center area? 

I also stopped after they shifted from Changi.

So, I was not the only one. :D

I still gave it a chance in Sentosa since their logistics were quite good... but guess the boring route doesn't entice me much....

Those here might miss the changi route & longer distance , but i think we are the minority.

Majority happy to go where ever it is held.

Both runners N organisers happy with shorter distances as well

Easier to get medal N tee for "runners"

Easier to organised at least if not make money for organisers.

9 hours ago, yc_hsieh said:

Can we utilise the NS50 vouchers for this run?

Even if it can be used, I won't waste it on this event. 

The reason should be obvious. :crazysmile:

I rather used the voucher to get myself a new pair of running shoes.