Registration: https://www.liv3ly.com/registration/event/realrun2017

Date: 15 October 2017 (Sun)
Time: 7:00am – 12:00pm
Venue: Punggol Waterway Park/ Coney Island

Registration Fee

10KM

RaceInfo_10km-6.png

RaceInfo_5km-5.png

• Participants with HomeTeamNS Membership can enjoy exclusive HomeTeamNS members rate
  • For SAFRA members, please walk in to HomeTeamNS (Balestier, Bukit Batok, Sembawang) clubhouse to register to enjoy preferential rates
  •  Fees shown are exclusive of GST

59429e47b31c1_2017-10-15RealRunEnt.jpg.63bafaec6197bf0638c92bed68cd69de.jpg

Race Pack Collection

Date:  7 October to 8 October 2017
Time: 10am to 9pm 
Venue: Velocity @ Novena, Atrium. 

Edited by lonewolf

Posted (edited)

Looks like Coney Island. 

[EDIT] OMG! AR and me replied almost at the same time with the same comment :crazysmile:

Edited by lonewolf

13 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

Looks like Coney Island. 

[EDIT] OMG! AR and me replied almost at the same time with the same comment :crazysmile:

Great minds think alike bro.... haha.... I ran this place a few times and I am quite confident that it is... Now is to see what "new concept" they are talking about...

when i first ran in Real Run in 2008 or 2009, it was at the Changi Coast Run area where they promised 4 types of terrains namely road, sand, trail and .... can't remember the last one... and i sort of miss the "mental" running along Aviation road where the road seems no end.... those were the days.. now the road is closed to the public...

It started off in Sentosa, than to Changi and back to Sentosa. Did I miss any other venue?

And next is...

2 hours ago, thelonelyrunner said:

It started off in Sentosa, than to Changi and back to Sentosa. Did I miss any other venue?

And next is...

the Sentosa venue at the initial years must be before 2008 then as I heard about it from my other friends... the Changi area would not come back unless they make use of the new Changi Coastal Road which is really far away from any civilization.... next is....... Coney/Punggol...... a guess....

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

when i first ran in Real Run in 2008 or 2009, it was at the Changi Coast Run area where they promised 4 types of terrains namely road, sand, trail and .... can't remember the last one... and i sort of miss the "mental" running along Aviation road where the road seems no end.... those were the days.. now the road is closed to the public...

It was only 3 terrains lah...I remembered running a "fake trail" (just a path with more pebbles), mostly tarmac road back and forth, and part of the changi beach for sand. That was one of the most fun 21km.

So I assuming this is going to be 10KM again just that it is going to be at possibly Coney Island... should be mostly tarmac road then?

4 minutes ago, beast said:

It was only 3 terrains lah...I remembered running a "fake trail" (just a path with more pebbles), mostly tarmac road back and forth, and part of the changi beach for sand. That was one of the most fun 21km.

So I assuming this is going to be 10KM again just that it is going to be at possibly Coney Island... should be mostly tarmac road then?

the sand part was pretty long actually... I remember it's in terms of km and not metres... distance wise hard to say as they can interconnect the Coney island with the PCN in Punggol waterway to makeup for the distance...

I used to do this run every year from Sentosa days (even once getting a 10km PB at Changi)

This year on 3rd Sunday of October and cannot make it. :(

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, kcslchin said:

I used to do this run every year from Sentosa days (even once getting a 10km PB at Changi)

This year on 3rd Sunday of October and cannot make it. :(

I think it's ok to forgo as there is always another run...

Edited by AutumnRunner

2 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

I think it's 5th Sunday of Oct leh...

But 15th October 2017 is 3rd Sunday of October leh 

Just now, kcslchin said:

But 15th October 2017 is 3rd Sunday of October leh 

I edited already.. I read wrongly as another race... 

2 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

I edited already.. I read wrongly as another race... 

no need to edit la, AR. 

Relax, dear fellow runner and keyboard warrior :pc:    ^_^

12 minutes ago, kcslchin said:

no need to edit la, AR. 

Relax, dear fellow runner and keyboard warrior :pc:    ^_^

I edited before u reply ... haa... it's ok la.. see wrongly then change lo.. but u replied concurrently..haa...

Was hoping for this race.to go back  to the new changi coastal road...seems impossible...

On 5/11/2017 at 11:24 PM, AutumnRunner said:

I edited before u reply ... haa... it's ok la.. see wrongly then change lo.. but u replied concurrently..haa...

Was hoping for this race.to go back  to the new changi coastal road...seems impossible...

Yeah. Looks like the Changi coastal road and beach REAL Run is just memories for some of us.

11 hours ago, kcslchin said:

Yeah. Looks like the Changi coastal road and beach REAL Run is just memories for some of us.

Somehow during the race itself back then I was still cursing in the super hot and no shelter venue... now kinda miss it...haa

Posted (edited)

Registration opens! The venue is indeed Coney Island/Punggol Waterway Park.

The new concept this yr is Crime Fighter vs  Fire Fighter. Apart from the different singlet design, not sure if there will be a competition among the 2 groups. 

Those who has pre-registered is entitled to 20% off the registration fee of $55 (excludes GST) when they registered with a group of 4 other running buddies for the 10K

The singlet sponsor appeared to be On (wow!) 

I guess the 10K race route will probably be the same as the one used for Runners League Leg 01.

By the way, pls take note of the following:

• Participants with HomeTeamNS Membership can enjoy exclusive HomeTeamNS members rate
  • For SAFRA members, please walk in to HomeTeamNS (Balestier, Bukit Batok, Sembawang) clubhouse to register to enjoy preferential rates

Edited by lonewolf

FYI this year the organiser is X-Change events. You have been warned...

On ‎15‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 10:59 PM, lonewolf said:

By the way, pls take note of the following:

it's quite weird to have this but why don't just include the GST into the registration fees then....

1 hour ago, bookie said:

FYI this year the organiser is X-Change events. You have been warned...

they might want to portray themselves as the only organizer for races at Punggol Waterway... hmnn.... :phew:

26 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

it's quite weird to have this but why don't just include the GST into the registration fees then....

welcome to the scam world of X-Change Events hahaha