jerrylam

MSIG Singapore Action Asia 50 2017, 15 July 2017

5 hours ago, wonderfulblevic said:

Huh? Cannot make a full loop of Macritchie again? 

From the schedule it will be closed between May and June. However, I was at MacRitchie last week wednesday, and no closure yet.

1 hour ago, Arvin Tunas said:

From the schedule it will be closed between May and June. However, I was at MacRitchie last week wednesday, and no closure yet.

I'm planning a LSD there this Sunday. Will update everyone if there's any closure.

The 50km route looks loopy.

That said, anyone looking to buy a 50km bib? Let me know. Thanks!

For 50km, be prepared to bash thru' & down the slope at Hillview after 43km (no more railway bridge) before crossing the heavy traffic road to the other side and back again ~47km (up the slope), all without canopy.:(

I will miss the 21km route with inclusion of the short trail along Gangsa loop/Chestnut track to go over to the other side of BKE.   

20 hours ago, kwekjs said:

For 50km, be prepared to bash thru' & down the slope at Hillview after 43km (no more railway bridge) before crossing the heavy traffic road to the other side and back again ~47km (up the slope), all without canopy.:(

I will miss the 21km route with inclusion of the short trail along Gangsa loop/Chestnut track to go over to the other side of BKE.   

Wow Thanks for the heads up!

28 minutes ago, sivakumar said:

Last year the race was great and we really enjoyed and had a wonderful experience.

Likewise, the same reasons why i'm joining the race again this year :thumbsu:

Guys, any idea where are the nearest car parks to the start/end point at Hindhede Walk?

6 hours ago, jerrylam said:

Guys, any idea where are the nearest car parks to the start/end point at Hindhede Walk?

can't you park at Bukit Timah Visitor Centre? 

Going to try recce the route later this Sunday.   

21 hours ago, Arvin Tunas said:

can't you park at Bukit Timah Visitor Centre? 

Going to try recce the route later this Sunday.   

Could be very congested on race day....unless i arrive by 4am. Thinking of alternatives just in case it's full by the time i reach...

I am unfamiliar with that part of our island?any public shower facilities nearby, like sportssg gym or public swimming pools?

31 minutes ago, Run4yourlife said:

I am unfamiliar with that part of our island?any public shower facilities nearby, like sportssg gym or public swimming pools?

From the start/end point, i think the nearest public toilet will be at Bukit Timah Nature Reserve visitor center. Not sure if it has shower facilities though.

On 01/07/2017 at 6:54 PM, jerrylam said:

Could be very congested on race day....unless i arrive by 4am. Thinking of alternatives just in case it's full by the time i reach...

There are a few open air car parks around Cheong Chin Nam or near the food centre. Alternative is to park at the HDB MSCP at Toh Yi.

• Like 1

I have a question though.. they have shuttle bus services (paid) for pick up from a small no. of MRT stations but they did not specify which MRT exit ^_^""" (there are many exits for goodness' sake, e.g. Boon Lay).

I posted the same question on Action Asia Event's FB wall but mysteriously deleted..

So any kakis here who did the race last year had taken the bus; do you know which exit the shuttle bus picked you guys up for Boon Lay?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Bummer98 said:

I have a question though.. they have shuttle bus services (paid) for pick up from a small no. of MRT stations but they did not specify which MRT exit ^_^""" (there are many exits for goodness' sake, e.g. Boon Lay).

I posted the same question on Action Asia Event's FB wall but mysteriously deleted..

So any kakis here who did the race last year had taken the bus; do you know which exit the shuttle bus picked you guys up for Boon Lay?

Thanks!

Better ask them during the race collection. Last sunday went to recce the route, gosh lots more vertical than I originally expected. 

2 hours ago, Bummer98 said:

Thanks!

I remembered last year there was no pick ups from various MRT stations. There was only one shuttle bus pick up point at one particular MRT station to bring us to the race site.

5 hours ago, Bummer98 said:

Thanks!

You should have received an email today. Scroll down to the link to PDF for bus pick up point (with photos).

For whatever reason, I can't find the PDF on their Action Asia website <_<

• Like 1

Public Service Announcement: Race bib collection is this week. Details are as below:

Venue: World of Sports, Kallang Wave Mall #01-73

Address: 1 Stadium Place, Singapore 397628

Date: 12, 13, 14 July 2017 (Wed to Fri)

Time: 12:00noon to 8:30pm.

10km on Weds July 12

21km on Thurs July 13

50km on Fri July 14

TRY YOUR BEST TO SPREAD OUT ON ABOVE 3 DAYS IF POSSIBLE AS IF NOT, IT IS OK, BUT WE JUST DON'T WANT ALL PARTICIPANTS TO COME ON LAST DAY SO WE ARE ENCOURAGING YOU TO TRY AND SPREAD OUT with on above schedule.

• Like 1

Is there any other run event that limits (or strongly suggests) race expo to a particular day depending on the distance you are running?

I might be wrong, but I suppose the 10km pick up on Wed 12 July would be the slowest and most crowded, especially for us working folks <_<