Jump to content
jerrylam

MSIG Singapore Action Asia 50 2017, 15 July 2017

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

The MSIG Action Asia 50 is coming back to Singapore! 

Sing50JUN30678.jpg

Date: 15 July 2017

Distance: 10km / 21km / 50km

Flag Off Timing: 5:30 a.m - 50km, 6:30 am - 21km, 7:00 am - 10km (times TBC)

Venue: TBC

Website: http://www.actionasiaevents.com/our-events/upcoming events/2017msigsg50/overview.html

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Action-Asia-Events-269343042806/?fref=ts

Entry Fees: http://www.actionasiaevents.com/our-events/upcoming-events/2017msigsg50/entry-fees.html#content

Registration: https://regonline.activeglobal.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1969379

Save the date above. More information on venue and other details will be updated once available.

 

Edited by jerrylam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did this last year and found it to be the toughest trail run in Singapore till date.

It has all the challenges of a challenging yet satisfying trail run - running in the dark with headlights, many upslopes and downslopes, running through some thick grass and forestation (not a lot of it though).... Probably not as challenging as many of theoverseas trail runs, but for those who don't go overseas often like me, this will be a good enough challenge. Plus the cost is pretty reasonable (if they don't increase it this year again).

On the negative side, they seems to recycle the same race entitlements and finishers every year...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, i find it more enjoyable than TNF for sure...and cheaper too. At least they don't make you run in loops. Just like Beast, i don't go overseas for runs, so this is a good at it could get at home for now. Medal hunters and race tee collectors will hate this race though....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, beast said:

 

On the negative side, they seems to recycle the same race entitlements and finishers every year...

you mean same design for tees and medals?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

you mean same design for tees and medals?

yes coz the designs never indicate year so they can reuse year after year.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last year only 2nd year. So they use same design but changed colors of caps and event tee. Hopefully this year something diff but I'm not counting on it.

Last year route was different from 1st yr's as diff location. Last year definitely more interesting and challenging running up and down slopes and along real trail. Although I was afraid of twisting my ankle on some narrow uneven paths but I was ok. Phew! But I really enjoyed last year's more than the 1st year's 'railway track' route

This year race venue not announced yet. As usual the organiser just recycle the images of previous year's entitlements on the webpage. Sigh.....

So what will the entitlements be like for 3rd edition? :unknw: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, kcslchin said:

Last year only 2nd year. So they use same design but changed colors of caps and event tee. Hopefully this year something diff but I'm not counting on it.

Last year route was different from 1st yr's as diff location. Last year definitely more interesting and challenging running up and down slopes and along real trail. Although I was afraid of twisting my ankle on some narrow uneven paths but I was ok. Phew! But I really enjoyed last year's more than the 1st year's 'railway track' route

This year race venue not announced yet. As usual the organiser just recycle the images of previous year's entitlements on the webpage. Sigh.....

So what will the entitlements be like for 3rd edition? :unknw: 

Won't be surprised at all if they use back the same route and entitlements (maybe just a refresh of colour).

I probably just want to attempt the 21km this time round if the routes are the same. Just to experience something different for a change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another year passed... My first long distance trail. Enjoyed it n good post race welfare..

Let see if i able to make it this year..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, delldell314 said:

Another year passed... My first long distance trail. Enjoyed it n good post race welfare..

Let see if i able to make it this year..

Hope that you can make your come back at MSIG AA 50 this year. It's a tough race, but an enjoyable one too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone saved the 21km and 50km race routes last year? Can share them again here?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ENTRY FEES – MSIG SINGAPORE ACTION ASIA 50

GET 10% DISCOUNT - 10 or more registered at same time BUT in same DISTANCE - example ALL entered in 10km or ALL entered 21km or ALL entered 50km). Unfortunately the payment provider system isn't capable to mix and figure it out so we do apologize and have let payment gateway know this who have said they will look into this, but not for this race if paying by credit card). Email Action Asia Events if different distances with group 10 or larger as only other way would be a bank transfer if you want to go thru that headache then this is also ok and will explain more by email to you if you email payment@actionasiaevents.com

 

10km - Individual solo category:

SGD 35 including souvenir t-shirt (on / before APR 7) 

SGD 40 including souvenir t-shirt (APR 8 to MAY 15)

SGD 45 including souvenir t-shirt (MAY 16 onward) 

 

21km - Individual solo category:

SGD 55 including souvenir t-shirt (on / before APR 7) 

SGD 65 including souvenir t-shirt (APR 8 to MAY 15) 

SGD 70 including souvenir t-shirt (MAY 16 onward) 

 

50km - Individual solo category:

SGD 65 including souvenir t-shirt (on / before APR 7) 

SGD 79 including souvenir t-shirt (APR 8 to MAY 15) 

SGD 85 including souvenir t-shirt (MAY 16 onward) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2017 at 2:37 PM, jerrylam said:

The MSIG AA is probably the most value for money trail run in Singapore IMHO....

I agreed to that too! Compared to TNF, this long distance trail is very cheap.. 

I just realised that the date clashed with e Challenge Iskandar Puteri which is just a week after... Can't have these 2 long races back to back... Thus hopefully i able to join this race next year..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Selected bus shuttle pick up at limited locations. $8 each.

More expensive than $6 or $7 I pay nowadays. Used to be only $5 but I guess inflation means that's history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually if can find 4 persons willing to share a cab, it might be cheaper than shuttle bus at $7 or $8 per person

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, kcslchin said:

Selected bus shuttle pick up at limited locations. $8 each.

More expensive than $6 or $7 I pay nowadays. Used to be only $5 but I guess inflation means that's history.

Where did you get this info about shuttle bus services? Mind sharing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2017 at 10:12 AM, delldell314 said:

I agreed to that too! Compared to TNF, this long distance trail is very cheap.. 

I just realised that the date clashed with e Challenge Iskandar Puteri which is just a week after... Can't have these 2 long races back to back... Thus hopefully i able to join this race next year..

 

Hmm.. its also one day before ST run.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, beast said:

Where did you get this info about shuttle bus services? Mind sharing?

you have to register online. After you enter your particulars, there is an option to select shuttle bus but only 6 or 7 pick up points the whole of Singapore. $8 each. From what I recall - Yishun, Pasir Ris, Vivocity, Yew Tee, Jurong East, Boon Lay, Aljunied(?). I think best share cab with 2 or 3 other runners. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just signed up for the race last night. I thought i was late as i forgot to register for the early bird rates by 7th April, and was prepared to pay the normal fee of $79. I was pleasantly surprised i was still charged the early bird fee of $65 instead!! Not sure if it's a system glitch, but if you're keen to sign up for the race but missed the early bird rates, better sign up today or as fast as you can before they realize the 'glitch' and revise the rates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2017 at 11:24 AM, jerrylam said:

I just signed up for the race last night. I thought i was late as i forgot to register for the early bird rates by 7th April, and was prepared to pay the normal fee of $79. I was pleasantly surprised i was still charged the early bird fee of $65 instead!! Not sure if it's a system glitch, but if you're keen to sign up for the race but missed the early bird rates, better sign up today or as fast as you can before they realize the 'glitch' and revise the rates. 

Wow............happy for you! :thumbsup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna start my trail runs again this weekend. Just nice that the golf link section of MR has reopened. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, jerrylam said:

Gonna start my trail runs again this weekend. Just nice that the golf link section of MR has reopened. 

Oh it's open? I read somewhere it's end April. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wonderfulblevic said:

Oh it's open? I read somewhere it's end April. 

Yup. As of last weekend, i've already read a few post-run reviews from runners at MR that it's finally reopened to public. Rejoice!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×