jerrylam

Craze Ultra 2017 - 43km / 74km / 101km / 100 miles, 12th - 13th Aug 2017

21 minutes ago, jerrylam said:

Thanks Simon! Actually mine too...so i told her that i'm running 100km instead :lol:, and i took so long to complete because i was 'pacing' a friend. 

LOL smart hahaha.

Already that time, back in 2015 when I told my parents I'm running 101km, they were like, siao ah and eh why you want to do this to yourself. For the marathon distance they're still ok with it, but anything further than that is insane to them. Haha.

14 minutes ago, simonleng said:

mine does. :( anyway, can share your training plan for your 100 miles??? maybe i can use it to train for my 74km next year :)

Simon, 74km, you sure or not? Haha later not enough kick for you lol.

Edited by prisangel

jerrylam   
13 minutes ago, simonleng said:

mine does. :( anyway, can share your training plan for your 100 miles??? maybe i can use it to train for my 74km next year :)

Oops....then you better behave here hahaha. Anyway, i don't really have a specific training plan for my 100 miles. I just had been running about 3 times a week. The 2 runs on weekdays after work will be alternated between hills sessions, and speed training, while the weekends are reserved for LSDs.

To get my mind and body prepared, i signed up for a long distance race each month from March onward leading towards race day to keep my momentum going. I had Sundown FM in March, 50 Hours Non-Stop Run in April, Garang Warrior Ultra in May and MSIG 50 in July. Training for and participating at these races were all part of my overall preparations for my 100 miles.

For the months which i don't have races, i did my own LSD. The longest distance i've trained on my own before the race was only 40km at a go. But i gradually increased my weekly total mileage until i peaked at almost 100km a week, before i start tapering. Your back-to-back LSDs over weekends will also be very useful!

74km for you in 2018?? Very unlikely. I'll see you at the starting line, B2!! :spiteful:

jerrylam   
Just now, AutumnRunner said:

Very informative @jerrylam.. .can really feel the torment you had went thru and all the challenges.... good work and have a good recovery rest.....I think you should stay writing blogs too leh....

Thanks bro! I hope my race report didn't entirely scare you away from attempting your maiden ultra hahaha. Writing blogs? Nahh...i'm leaving it to you guys. I just write race reports for races that are of huge significance to me. 

jerrylam   
8 minutes ago, wonderfulblevic said:

Don't like that leh. I'm also thinking of 74km next year. 

Don't like that leh...all downgrade to 74km just as i downgrade back to 101km :lol:

1 hour ago, prisangel said:

Simon, 74km, you sure or not? Haha later not enough kick for you lol.

pris, 74km ai mai? u, me , autumn and wonderfulblevic? think jerry might be running too fast and could join us before we reach the end point :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jerrylam said:

Oops....then you better behave here hahaha. Anyway, i don't really have a specific training plan for my 100 miles. I just had been running about 3 times a week. The 2 runs on weekdays after work will be alternated between hills sessions, and speed training, while the weekends are reserved for LSDs.

To get my mind and body prepared, i signed up for a long distance race each month from March onward leading towards race day to keep my momentum going. I had Sundown FM in March, 50 Hours Non-Stop Run in April, Garang Warrior Ultra in May and MSIG 50 in July. Training for and participating at these races were all part of my overall preparations for my 100 miles.

For the months which i don't have races, i did my own LSD. The longest distance i've trained on my own before the race was only 40km at a go. But i gradually increased my weekly total mileage until i peaked at almost 100km a week, before i start tapering. Your back-to-back LSDs over weekends will also be very useful!

74km for you in 2018?? Very unlikely. I'll see you at the starting line, B2!! :spiteful:

wah, ur trg plan too siong for me... i think i better stay with my own training instead :)

jerrylam   
3 hours ago, simonleng said:

wah, ur trg plan too siong for me... i think i better stay with my own training instead :)

I was more chilled when i was training for 101km :D

On 18/08/2017 at 7:23 PM, simonleng said:

pris, 74km ai mai? u, me , autumn and wonderfulblevic? think jerry might be running too fast and could join us before we reach the end point :)

Hmm..  maybe downgrade to 43km? Wahahaha...

On 18/08/2017 at 6:25 PM, jerrylam said:

Thanks bro! I hope my race report didn't entirely scare you away from attempting your maiden ultra hahaha.

U can read my mind...;)

jerrylam   
1 hour ago, AutumnRunner said:

Wah... like that also rem... good memory...

If not for injury, you would have completed your maiden 101km by now. So just waiting for your next attempt. 

2 hours ago, jerrylam said:

If not for injury, you would have completed your maiden 101km by now. So just waiting for your next attempt. 

LOL that time and you sabotaged me into running it for him😂

Edited by prisangel

jerrylam   
21 minutes ago, prisangel said:

LOL that time and you sabotaged me into running it for him😂

Cos there were no better candidates to take over his slot at that time :thumbsu:

3 hours ago, jerrylam said:

Cos there were no better candidates to take over his slot at that time :thumbsu:

LOL and what made you think I was qualified? Hahaha