jerrylam

Craze Ultra 2017 - 43km / 74km / 101km / 100 miles, 12th - 13th Aug 2017

beast   
1 hour ago, AutumnRunner said:

or rather think it this way.... u keep moving and maybe someone is waiting for u to join him/her....

Someone is waiting in the darkness for another person to join him/her in the darkness? :ph34r: I don't think anyone will be doing that...

jerrylam   
48 minutes ago, beast said:

Someone is waiting in the darkness for another person to join him/her in the darkness? :ph34r: I don't think anyone will be doing that...

If i'm a runner just reaching the dark Ulu Sembawang side after midnight and see a person there waiting for me in the dark, approach me and tell me "I've been waiting for you", i think i'll really freak out!!! LOL

What i did last year was to tag along another runner departing from CP2. We walk/jog together all the way and even got another one to join us along the way to Ulu Sembawang. We had safety in numbers. @simonleng can probably do the same.

Someone remind me to wear a white sheet with glowing red eyes and turn up at Ulu Sembawang around midnight this Saturday/early Sunday morning.

Oopsssie... nah I won't... Kidding only. Haha:D

jerrylam   
4 minutes ago, prisangel said:

Someone remind me to wear a white sheet with glowing red eyes and turn up at Ulu Sembawang around midnight this Saturday/early Sunday morning.

Please do. I wanna see how the 'frightener' kena frightened herself while waiting in the dark LOL

32 minutes ago, jerrylam said:

If i'm a runner just reaching the dark Ulu Sembawang side after midnight and see a person there waiting for me in the dark, approach me and tell me "I've been waiting for you", i think i'll really freak out!!! LOL

What i did last year was to tag along another runner departing from CP2. We walk/jog together all the way and even got another one to join us along the way to Ulu Sembawang. We had safety in numbers. @simonleng can probably do the same.

Can I ask a noobie question. This dark and dangerous stretch you guys are talking about - it's between checkpoints 2 and 3?

16 minutes ago, jerrylam said:

Please do. I wanna see how the 'frightener' kena frightened herself while waiting in the dark LOL

Haha, hilarious. LOL.

jerrylam   
17 minutes ago, wonderfulblevic said:

Can I ask a noobie question. This dark and dangerous stretch you guys are talking about - it's between checkpoints 2 and 3?

It's the Ulu Sembawang PCN right after CP1 and CP2, between Mandai Road and Woodlands Ave 12. At night, it's pitch black darkness.

https://www.nparks.gov.sg/gardens-parks-and-nature/park-connector-network/ulu-sembawang-pc

22 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

or rather think it this way.... u keep moving and maybe someone is waiting for u to join him/her....

sounds like a good plan :)

18 hours ago, wonderfulblevic said:

Between 3a to 2a. think most of 100ks will experience this dark stetch.

Edited by simonleng

18 hours ago, prisangel said:

:wacko:

1 hour ago, jerrylam said:

Thanks buddy! 1 more sleep now to the big day!

19 minutes ago, simonleng said:

Thanks!

Just enjoy the run without too much worries on timing..... really truly enjoy it while completing the distance...

Edited by AutumnRunner

5 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

Just enjoy the run without too much worries on timing..... really truly enjoy it while completing the distance...

Thanks! hope i will enjoy the sun, the rain, the moon, the road and the companies (dogs and hantus inclusive) :D 

kasyes   

u can go support them.. cp to and from and within punggol was mentally torturing in previous years due to no shade last time...but now with Safra n waterway syt n the rain. think all will pb...hahahaha...me happily humping n supporting them in the heaty throes...oopss....hahahaha

go all the way...u can do it crazies...

i saw a few runners along Mandai ave today.... the weather was rather cooling... followed by a little rain and then sun again..... hope everyone is still coping well.... the race is almost ending...

I completed the event with a new PB. cool weather and there is no dogs/hantu in the SBW PCN this time round :) pang kang!

Edited by simonleng
  • Like 1

Lexham   
11 minutes ago, simonleng said:

I completed the event with a new PB. cool weather and there is no dogs/hantu in the SBW PCN this time round :) pang kang!

Congrats for a hard-earned PB!!!! ✌️✌️✌️

K!m   
47 minutes ago, simonleng said:

Salute to the Craze Ultra runners! 

Btw, what should one do when encounter stray dogs during this race especially at night? Walk or stop or....?

17 hours ago, simonleng said:

Congrats bro.... yet another Ultra under your belt and a PB bonus... !!!

17 hours ago, K!m said:

Salute to the Craze Ultra runners! 

Btw, what should one do when encounter stray dogs during this race especially at night? Walk or stop or....?

To each his own....... u can do anything as long as not to get bitten by them... :lol: