Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yamkamhoong

MBI Penang Bridge International Marathon 2017 - 26 November 2017

Hi sgrunners forummers. 

Who are going to race PBIM 2017 this year?

Announcement of PBIM 2017 registration date

The Penang Bridge International Marathon Committee would like to introduce MBI as our title sponsor for the upcoming MBI Penang Bridge International Marathon (PBIM) to be held on 26 November 2017 at the Penang Bridge (old bridge).

The event was a huge success last year, attracting over 30,000 participants from both local and overseas. This year, we are targeting a total of 35,000 runners with 4 categories available. Kindly take note that online registration will be opened on 16 February 2017 for early-birds! Early-bird registration fees are as follows:

Full Marathon : RM8O

Half Marathon : RM 60
10KM : RM 50
10KM Junior : RM 30
Fun Run : RM 20

Please stay tune on our official website and Facebook page for further updates. More details will be revealed soon!

FB_IMG_1484712644679.jpg

The Penang Bridge International Marathon Committee would like to announce that the upcoming Penang Bridge International Marathon (PBIM) will held on 26 November 2017 at the Penang Bridge (old bridge).

This year, we are targeting a total of 35,000 runners with 4 categories available. 

Kindly take note that online registration will be opened on 16 February for early-birds! Early-bird registration fees are as follows:

Full Marathon : RM 80
Half Marathon : RM 60
10KM : RM 50
10KM Junior : RM 30
Fun Run (8KM) : RM 20

Please stay tune on our official website :- www.penangmarathon.gov.my and Facebook page for further updates. More details will be revealed soon!

FB_IMG_1487219771444.jpg

19 minutes ago, beast said:

I remembered the run opening up registration about 7 to 8 months before race day, now it is more than 9 months ahead.

Does anyone know of any run that open up registration so many months in advanced?

there were a few.... but its quite rare... what I can think of is that the take up rates weren't very good in the past so to open up a longer duration for registration, might attract more runners over the longer months period... for more attractive races, usually the takeup rate is very fast thus there is no need for the race to start too early...

1 minute ago, AutumnRunner said:

there were a few.... but its quite rare... what I can think of is that the take up rates weren't very good in the past so to open up a longer duration for registration, might attract more runners over the longer months period... for more attractive races, usually the takeup rate is very fast thus there is no need for the race to start too early...

So what were the few? I honestly never know of any other run that opens up registration more than 9 months in advanced.