Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
runnersequip

Running with keys

24 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

could you please take a few minutes and help us out with our university project? We are trying to develop a comfortable storage device for keys while running.

This link will lead you to our short survey: http://www.survio.com/survey/d/N9D4S1G5O2D9T7J1S

If you have any other comments or suggestions, please don't hesitate to post them here.

Thank you very much in advance!

Tying a key pouch to the shoe does not seem like an original idea. I remember seeing a similar product somewhere. 

Frankly, I wouldn't trust tying my keys to my running shoe. However secure it looks, it is always possible that it may come loose when you are running. And worse it may happen without you realising it. 

I tried many different ways to store my keys when I go for my run. Wrist pouch. Waist pouch. Hold in hand etc. 

In the end, the simplest solution is still the best. Now I just put the keys in the inner pockets of my shorts. Best of all, it cost nothing! :crazysmile:

I drop my house keys in my mailbox and keep the mailbox key in my running shorts inner pocket during running.

I am one of those who had lost house keys when my small pouch is tied to my shoes laces... now I am still using the pouch but I hold it in my hand... it used to look secure until the portion securing the shoe laces got a little loose... It's just slotted in actually and I innocently believe that given its brand, it should perform... well lesson learnt... now I always put in the hand held pouch and hold in my hand.... the most trusted method... I feel..

13 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Tying a key pouch to the shoe does not seem like an original idea. I remember seeing a similar product somewhere. 

Frankly, I wouldn't trust tying my keys to my running shoe. However secure it looks, it is always possible that it may come loose when you are running. And worse it may happen without you realising it. 

I tried many different ways to store my keys when I go for my run. Wrist pouch. Waist pouch. Hold in hand etc. 

In the end, the simplest solution is still the best. Now I just put the keys in the inner pockets of my shorts. Best of all, it cost nothing! :crazysmile:

that's why I always buy running shorts must have at least 1 pocket

12 hours ago, K!m said:

I drop my house keys in my mailbox and keep the mailbox key in my running shorts inner pocket during running.

just take the key of the gate lock can liao ...but that's me...

Use running shots with one pocket is risky cos it may have a hole and your key slip out during run. Jus something to be aware of

I don't carry key during my run. I put my key hide in somewhere that nobody can find it. Carrying key in running is bad coz keys are sharp object,

I just need one single key that is the padlock to my gate. Told my family member not to shut the door inside thus a single key will allow me to go into my house. I put it inside the inner pocket of my running short and I did not encounter any problem. 

11 hours ago, Top Chan said:

I don't carry key during my run. I put my key hide in somewhere that nobody can find it. Carrying key in running is bad coz keys are sharp object,

wah.... this is equally dangerous man... since u can find it, I am sure someone else can too.... :ph34r:

11 hours ago, mover said:

I just need one single key that is the padlock to my gate. Told my family member not to shut the door inside thus a single key will allow me to go into my house. I put it inside the inner pocket of my running short and I did not encounter any problem. 

nowadays I always hide a $1 coin in this inner pocket of shorts so that I can reward myself with a cold drink later on... trying out to see if this pocket is reliable if I were to put my keys in (only single key, if want to have more keys with key ring, I suggest not to place them in this pocket)... so far still ok..

Put your key or keys in a key pounch, Size should be roughly the same as an energy gel. Nowadays most running shorts are design with a zipper pocket for two or more gels. Should suffice.

5 hours ago, Steven Cheng said:

Put your key or keys in a key pounch, Size should be roughly the same as an energy gel. Nowadays most running shorts are design with a zipper pocket for two or more gels. Should suffice.

energy gel is thicker so its harder to fell out... some shorts now have an "overlid" to cover the pocket to prevent items from dropping out too...

10 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

wah.... this is equally dangerous man... since u can find it, I am sure someone else can too.... :ph34r:

nowadays I always hide a $1 coin in this inner pocket of shorts so that I can reward myself with a cold drink later on... trying out to see if this pocket is reliable if I were to put my keys in (only single key, if want to have more keys with key ring, I suggest not to place them in this pocket)... so far still ok..

Quick tip: If you need to run with more than 1 keys (like me), use a rubberband to tie the keys together. In this way, it's a need bundle and you eliminate the annoying sound of the keys juggling when you run. 

If you are an excessive sweater and dun want to get your keys wet, just put them in a small resealable plastic bag (like those they put your race medals or medicine in) 

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 7:45 PM, lonewolf said:

Quick tip: If you need to run with more than 1 keys (like me), use a rubberband to tie the keys together. In this way, it's a need bundle and you eliminate the annoying sound of the keys juggling when you run. 

If you are an excessive sweater and dun want to get your keys wet, just put them in a small resealable plastic bag (like those they put your race medals or medicine in) 

same Bro Lonewolf, I always use rubber band to tie the keys together.. it is still the best to run with no keys...

Edited by AutumnRunner

2 hours ago, simonleng said:

I use a china made "spibelt" to carry keys. $5 dollar solution :)

any sound or constant "hitting" of skin feel?

1 hour ago, AutumnRunner said:

I think they are quite good. They dun last long (the elastic band becomes inelastic after about a yr of usage) but in term of functionality, they worked as advertised. 

9 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

not leh. quite comfortable. 

14 hours ago, simonleng said:

not leh. quite comfortable. 

sounds good.... ok when got time I go find my own comfortable way too....hahaah....

Invest in a digital lock for your door, then no need keys anymore.

9 hours ago, Ender said:

Invest in a digital lock for your door, then no need keys anymore.

well... it's high capital cost leh....

3 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

well... it's high capital cost leh....

I see Qoo10 has them in the low $100++ minus installation. Personally I think it's worth it for a long term hands free solution, not just for running, but for your daily keyless lifet style.

7 minutes ago, Ender said:

I see Qoo10 has them in the low $100++ minus installation. Personally I think it's worth it for a long term hands free solution, not just for running, but for your daily keyless lifet style.

that is true.... I would prefer someone who can install and provide me with the warranty thus have to go to shops... which I didn't see anything close to low $100++ that you stated in Qoo10...