Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top Chan

Gold Coast Airport Marathon 2017 - 1 - 2 July 2017

1 hour ago, AutumnRunner said:

that sounds great too... do note that the 21km race is held at the early morning before sun is up thus it might be much colder than what you experienced in the FM timing...

Thank you for the advice Autumn! Yes it started while e sky was still dark and it was very chilly! :D

On 15/06/2017 at 11:26 AM, SunshineSheenz said:

For sure I'll see heaps of them here! And won't be surprised if they also dominate Pacific Fair mall and bumped into one of them while I'm on shift :D

Hey Sheena... Long time no hear from you. Haha. Nice to hear that you're based in Gold Coast. Australia's running routes are beautiful.

I'll be at Gold Coast this year. Taking part in the Full Marathon. If you happen to see me around somewhere, just feel free to say hi and do introduce yourself. :D 

Saw running shots posted a quite photo and realised pris chew went for it too! Fantantic !! Await for her blog on the Gold coast Marathon experience and await to be poison.... 

Too occupied in work recently and hardly for check out here and plan for any race for myself..

1 hour ago, delldell314 said:

Saw running shots posted a quite photo and realised pris chew went for it too! Fantantic !! Await for her blog on the Gold coast Marathon experience and await to be poison.... 

Too occupied in work recently and hardly for check out here and plan for any race for myself..

I think she will post in a few days time.  She did a number of interviews 

14 hours ago, delldell314 said:

Blog will be delayed a bit. Will post when I return to Singapore.

Best marathon ever. I PB by 45 minutes. Strong negative splits.

Though gcam is not exactly flat. Its still a fast route. The atmosphere was impressive when there are kids to cheer you on and ppl using encouraging signs to inspire you to go on. 

Learned it the hard way by not following pacers blindly even when i pbed by a small margin. I seen  many runners conmited the mistake as i did cuz there are sg runners who bursted ahead of me at first but i caught up with them later. Hopefully i wont repeat this in my next fm at Osaka.  

Anyway congrats to Pris for her impressive pb!

Nevertheless, gc is a fm that i will return to do.

43 minutes ago, yh90 said:

Though gcam is not exactly flat. Its still a fast route. The atmosphere was impressive when there are kids to cheer you on and ppl using encouraging signs to inspire you to go on. 

Learned it the hard way by not following pacers blindly even when i pbed by a small margin. I seen  many runners conmited the mistake as i did cuz there are sg runners who bursted ahead of me at first but i caught up with them later. Hopefully i wont repeat this in my next fm at Osaka.  

Anyway congrats to Pris for her impressive pb!

Nevertheless, gc is a fm that i will return to do.

sounds like you enjoyed your race... I also agree that it's not exactly flat as there are multiple ups and downs to go through although they are not too steep... the cheers right at the other end near the halfway mark, you can see many who just came out from their house to cheer runners on... and some even line up a buffet spread for you... hahah....

I believe the pacers are not really "trained" to be pacers like in Sg who run even splits.. they would help you achieve the final time as stated on their balloons but doesn't mean even split...that's what I felt...

43 minutes ago, Bummer98 said:b

Always loved GCAM, I finally broke virgin sub 2 for 21km at 1.54.38 last Sunday :o! It was chilly at 10 - 11 degrees even at flag off time at 0600 am... caught a cold on the way back... but no MC hahahahaha

Congrats Bummer98... Really happy for you for crossing the sub 2 barrier.. The weather should be colder than 10Cel at 0600hrs ba... I remember it was real cold in the early morning at goldcoast then... but that was 3yrs ago liaoz....