Sign in to follow this  
Top Chan

Standard Chartered KL Marathon 2017 - Sunday, 21 May 2017

Standard Charted Kuala Lumpur Marathon 2016 Website: http://www.kl-marathon.com/

MARATHON

Distance:
42.195 km
Race Categories:
Open, Veteran, Malaysian and Malaysian Veteran
Age Limit:
Click here
Time Limit:
7 hours
Start Time:
4.00 am
Runners Receive:
Bag, bib, timing device, running singlet, e-Runner's Guide Book (downloadable from the website), other sponsored items
Finishers Receive:
Finisher's T-shirt, Finisher's Medal, Finisher's Certificate (downloadable from the website)

Running a marathon is one of the most challenging physical activities one can choose to participate in. Runners who run the marathon often train for several months prior to the race and endure mental and physical pain during and after the race. However, to persevere and complete a marathon is considered one of the most rewarding personal experiences. This race is ideal for runners who run and train on a regular basis, as well as runners looking to challenge themselves. Individuals, who are new to the sport of running, and who have not trained or run in a distance race before, should refrain from participating in the marathon as their first choice of race discipline.

REGISTRATION FEE
Marathon (42.195 km)

7,500 entries

Entry Fee

Malaysian Residents only (MYR) 90
Singaporean Residents only (SGD) 60
Others (USD) 60

So who signed up? I'm not doing this race though. 

If you want to do well in this race,do train at hilly areas.

3 hours ago, Williamteobc said:

RPC at KL Convention Center. 

20170518_193422.jpg

Hmn... what is the red and white box that cost rm1.50... enjoy the race William...

Useless voucher. Btw test run the blue running singlet - thin and dont stick (sort of like the 2015 Sundown black singlet). So will wash and wear it on Sunday. 

Noobie will be there :) See you all on race day and good luck! 
Look out for the runner with the bib with name 'NoobieRunner' :)

Hopefully it will not be crowded by Saturday afternoon. See you guys at dataran merdeka on sunday morning.

Going to have meet up session with other Indonesian runners at the embassy tomorrow.Looks like KL Marathon has became more popular than Singapore Marathon. 

10 hours ago, Arvin Tunas said:

Going to have meet up session with other Indonesian runners at the embassy tomorrow.Looks like KL Marathon has became more popular than Singapore Marathon. 

Reasonable pricing, interesting and challenging route around KL, no ECP, .... many many more reasons why KL Marathon trumps the Singapore Marathon. 

• Like 1

Last year i went, logistics good, toilets alot, drinks enough.  No diversion and straight sweep up bus if cant hit cut off timing. 

Good luck and dun hit the wall at 33k mark! 33k mark got one incline for 1km or 2k

Posted (edited)

Too much review here in sgrunner focus too much on SG races. I mean if race is different or location different then nevermind. But it's always the same thing eg 2XU race in 2015, 2016 etc Keep on hearing words like Marina Bay, East Coast,.....borrrrrinnngg. So Noobie will now help review overseas races especially those in Malaysia.
But Noobie is also a noob reviewer. Please tell Noobie what else Noobie can review.

:: Noobie Race Review ::

Race was fantastic! Everything was great. Water was well stocked. Ambiance was there. Cut-off a generous 7h and the terrain has many inclines (probably not the best idea to attempt a PB here) Definitely much much better than SCMS - every year still talk about East Coast, East Coast and East Coast. 
And it rained lightly when Noobie was at 35km mark! So cooling and shiok! 

That's it. The end.

Edited by NoobieRunner
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Ran HM this morning, starting area was great. Rows and rows of portable toilet. Route wise is hilly to say the least but still manageable. Water stop is okay though the first water stop is at 4-5km? No bottleneck though certain area before entering the expressway was bit narrow. Not much spectators until the last few km, volunteers were adequate. Saw one angmoh female runners got treatment by the medic at the last? or second last water stop (underpass at the expressway), one runner inside the ambulance somewhere at km 12, looks like some injury and one elite foreign runners quite running before km 10. 

Didn't get PB, but given the hilly terrain I will take few minutes extra to complete it. My Garmin recorded 13.4 miles and my friends who ran the FM recorded 44km? Though the pacers commented the GPS data isn't accurate.

In my opinion, you get more than what you paid for. 

Now need to train for trail HM and then Bali. 

On other notes, there was Ironman booth at the expo with sample of the SCSM 2017 running tee, it looks quite meh...

Edited by Arvin Tunas

13 hours ago, Arvin Tunas said:

Ran HM this morning, starting area was great. Rows and rows of portable toilet. Route wise is hilly to say the least but still manageable. Water stop is okay though the first water stop is at 4-5km? No bottleneck though certain area before entering the expressway was bit narrow. Not much spectators until the last few km, volunteers were adequate. Saw one angmoh female runners got treatment by the medic at the last? or second last water stop (underpass at the expressway), one runner inside the ambulance somewhere at km 12, looks like some injury and one elite foreign runners quite running before km 10. 

Didn't get PB, but given the hilly terrain I will take few minutes extra to complete it. My Garmin recorded 13.4 miles and my friends who ran the FM recorded 44km? Though the pacers commented the GPS data isn't accurate.

In my opinion, you get more than what you paid for. 

Now need to train for trail HM and then Bali. 

On other notes, there was Ironman booth at the expo with sample of the SCSM 2017 running tee, it looks quite meh...

can elaborate what you meant on the running tee for the SCSM again?

It looks quite bland, design might be ok on a singlet but looks too bland on a shirt.  Perhaps it is a personal preference. 

IMG_1509.PNG

Congrats and well done to all SCKLM finishers!! I did the HM there twice, and it's definitely a more refreshing route than our ECP, ECP and ECP hahaha. Still haven't got the time to finally attempt the FM, but will look forward to it one day. 

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, jerrylam said:

Congrats and well done to all SCKLM finishers!! I did the HM there twice, and it's definitely a more refreshing route than our ECP, ECP and ECP hahaha. Still haven't got the time to finally attempt the FM, but will look forward to it one day. 

LOL I ran the HM there yesterday and already thinking of whether I should run the FM there next time. Hahaha...

Working on blog post. It'll be out when I'm done.

Edited by prisangel

2 hours ago, Arvin Tunas said:

It looks quite bland, design might be ok on a singlet but looks too bland on a shirt.  Perhaps it is a personal preference. 

indeed looks a bit blend and usually under armour trend of tees are tight fit... this looks a bit different from their usual trend...

8 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

nice read.... make me wanna run this race...

Thanks! Yep go ahead and take part in this. It's a pretty well organised event. :)

The reason why Scklm is Always better than SCMS: reasonable fee, many portable toilets, plentiful hydration at every 2km interval after 4km mark, wet sponge at certain hydration points. Not congested , 7hr cut off time , sweeper buses on standby . Did I recall correctly that  SCMS wanna bid for WMM???  :lol:

5 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

indeed looks a bit blend and usually under armour trend of tees are tight fit... this looks a bit different from their usual trend...

Ya lor it does look a bit blend and this size is like their super XXL! That's why must choose their XXS size so that it can be tight fitting! haha.

1 hour ago, AutumnRunner said:

nice read.... make me wanna run this race...

1 hour ago, prisangel said:

Thanks! Yep go ahead and take part in this. It's a pretty well organised event. :)

Haha ya lor. makes me wanna join SCKLM too since it is so near us! We can like fly in there on Friday morning and leave on Sunday night!

19 minutes ago, Hubert84 said:

Haha ya lor. makes me wanna join SCKLM too since it is so near us! We can like fly in there on Friday morning and leave on Sunday night!

Ya I know right. Hahaha

1 hour ago, Hubert84 said:

They organised friendship run for FM runners on saturday morning, some KL running group also organised morning fun run(KL Spin?) on Saturday morning. Some of my friends who joined recommended it, nice event to get to know other people.  

I flew in saturday morning and came back yesterday afternoon, Friday is a better option so you can join those community event.