Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
s35824

overhydrate or dehydrate

27 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, trailblazer said:

kohpapa is correct. Majority of the runners are astonishingly averse to improving running technique (this includes elite runners as well) and the proper sequence to improving running is actually technique --> base/volume --> speed.

I will talk more about this in the Chi running vs forward running thread as this is on hydration topic. Before I forget, there is a book written by the running expert Dr Tim Noakes (author of Lore of Running) which talks about overhydration. Book title is "waterlogged" which examines the science of hydration and how to prevent fatalities from it. Book details at http://www.humankinetics.com/products/all-products/waterlogged

was introduced about this book as well when I experienced similar symptoms in 2014 SCMS... i felt nausea and body felt weak... keep walking and felt very warm and thirsty so kept drinking water... that's where the prob lies.... but didnt have chance to read up in depth about this book..

On 06/12/2016 at 1:11 AM, s35824 said:

seems like i need to plan for electrolytes intake for long runs....ya and more long runs i will need to know how much i need to take..thanks kohpapa and AutumnRunner for your sharing. 

There are some good electrolyte supplements you can take.