Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

seniorvet

Energy drinks

i have heard some friends taking red bull drink before ippt... it seems to give them the "extra boost" during the run, probably due to the high sugar level.. i don't think it would last up to 12hrs as stated in the article, but i do get feedback that they felt heart rate went up quite a lot and seemed to be unable to feel at rest... 

I still think the only way to prepare well for the race is to throw in the miles and do the hardwork, there isn't a shortcut to many things, especially Running..

I never understood the sorcery behind Red Bull. It must be more than just the caffeine right? Why doesn't a cup of coffee (or a can of coke for that matter) has the same effect as a can of red bull?? Or is it the caffeine in Red Bull is more concentrated?? 

actually when I take a close look, red bull has a much higher sodium and caffeine content than coke... sugar level is about there... so these 2 ingredients might be the main reasons for a sudden "unhealthy boost" of energy....

On 11/26/2016 at 10:01 AM, lonewolf said:

I never understood the sorcery behind Red Bull. It must be more than just the caffeine right? Why doesn't a cup of coffee (or a can of coke for that matter) has the same effect as a can of red bull?? Or is it the caffeine in Red Bull is more concentrated?? 

I think Red Bull is the worst. Full of chemicals. Taste horrible.