Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hubert84

Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon 2017 - 12/02/2017

On Monday, January 09, 2017 at 10:55 AM, Fish Feet said:

Yes. Last time I ran the FM there were three bridges which runners had to climb. There is a steep climb coming out of the tunnel, and several hills during the last 5km.

Well I hope train at upr and lpr will be enough hahaha (:

2 hours ago, yh90 said:

Well I hope train at upr and lpr will be enough hahaha (:

I think it would be adequate cause the hills at upr is good enough training ..... jiayou...

4 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

I think it would be adequate cause the hills at upr is good enough training ..... jiayou...

Refer to my Garmin connect for more details.Thanks!

2 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

sure.... and I would look out for your PB race in Feb.. =)

Hope I can ba.

18 hours ago, yh90 said:

Hope I can ba.

It takes 1001 things to be aligned to get a PB.. dun give yourself too much pressure.... just do your best can le... set 3 targets is one of my usual style...

Everyone receive their runner pack collection letter? I have yet to receive mine and they are not replying to my emails :(.

Anyone knows where is the collection point :)

19 hours ago, junior23 said:

Everyone receive their runner pack collection letter? I have yet to receive mine and they are not replying to my emails :(.

Anyone knows where is the collection point :)

Huh? So long le u haven't receive your collection letter yet? Crap lehz. So calls and emails to them cant get through?

By end December should have received letter for race pack collection. I am surprise no response to emails. 

Race Pack Collection (locals collect 1 week earlier):
10 & 11 February 2017, 10:00am To 5:00pm at  Kowloon Park, Tsim Sha Tsui

It's my first time running overseas and I thought confirmation of payment will do. I'm puzzled why there was no replies to my email.  Anyway I have already bought my air tickets. Will ask my hk friend to call the hotline tomorrow :).  

17 hours ago, kcslchin said:

By end December should have received letter for race pack collection. I am surprise no response to emails. 

Race Pack Collection (locals collect 1 week earlier):
10 & 11 February 2017, 10:00am To 5:00pm at  Kowloon Park, Tsim Sha Tsui

I got it before Xmas. 

17 hours ago, junior23 said:

It's my first time running overseas and I thought confirmation of payment will do. I'm puzzled why there was no replies to my email.  Anyway I have already bought my air tickets. Will ask my hk friend to call the hotline tomorrow :).  

Given the lack of time, just bring your payment confirmation which should state your race details. I remembered the letter being good to have but not critical. Do check with their information counter during race pack collection to clarify your mailing address. If not, you might not be able to get the finisher cert.

Thanks all for the suggestions. The organisor have replied that I will be able to collect the race pack by showing my passport at the information counter. 

By the way, I did a check. The temperature this weekend could dip to 12 degrees. ?

Enjoy the run to whoever is going... nice weather to run and tour HK in now... Wish I was going *envious*

Enjoy those going,  such superb weather  the envy of us here sweating n humping away oops... Oops... Hahahaha

Guarantees pb,  run like the fiercest tiger is chasing u... Cause the cold will mute the pain... Enjoy 

Clocked a 3:48 down there(pb). Route was like roller coaster. Good weather.

-Too little toilets for such a big event that attracts tens of thousands. I queued for 20mins and behind me got a dozen of ppl. And fm and hm merging caused a human jam that forced me to slow down...

Route details.
First 6km it'd very easy to get carried away and to chiong as got slight downhill. But at 8km mark got uphill at bridge > tunnel up and downhill. After 10km it's uphill mostly until 18km 
From 18km to 21.1km downhill all the way. Many ppl tend to chiong down there.from 21km to 35km mostly downhill but got slight uphill.  31k onwards got 2 more tunnels to go through  . 39km to 41km got uphill 
Oh I didn't mention got 3 or 4 bottleneck turns and Garmin reading can go haywire down there as you run thru tunnels 

About 15000 finished scmhk fm.

Congrats to Rachel see and Jasmine  goh who hit sub 3 down there and qualify for SEA games!

4 hours ago, kcslchin said:

Was it true the news of runners collapsing at finish line including fatality(ies)?

It was.