Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hubert84

Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon 2017 - 12/02/2017

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, yh90 said:

They say scmhk is very hilly race. Who can agree with this?

not so hilly..just be prepared for 2 slopes after exit last tunnel and at 38km mark or so....

if worried about hills, should look for pancake flat routes FM to sign up....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, junior23 said:

I got the half marathon slot too. Have everyone book their hotels? 

congrats.... enjoy the race and tour after this race... can eat and shop...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 9:56 AM, junior23 said:

I got the half marathon slot too. Have everyone book their hotels? 

Congrats! I got the full marathon slot but I haven't book my hotel yet! Still looking though! Haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Hubert84 said:

Congrats! I got the full marathon slot but I haven't book my hotel yet! Still looking though! Haha.

You should really do it very soon. It has been 6 weeks since the results of the ballot were released? I would have booked it within the first week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Experienced would tell me that those popular hotels nearby the start/end line would be fully booked with 2-3 days.... there are still other nearby hotels which requires a little of walking...can take as a warm up jog to the start line....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info all. Yupz gonna book my hotel soon. Been searching around but don't know which hotel to choose! haha.

Anyway, have you all received the race pack collection letter from SCHKM? Just received mine yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Hubert84 said:

Thanks for the info all. Yupz gonna book my hotel soon. Been searching around but don't know which hotel to choose! haha.

Anyway, have you all received the race pack collection letter from SCHKM? Just received mine yesterday.

Not yet receive my letter. Should be by next week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Thursday, December 22, 2016 at 9:25 PM, absoluthal said:

Not yet receive my letter. Should be by next week. 

I got the letter le. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No need.. Act like the homeless n sleep in street in Kowloon... Guaranteed first in line hahahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, kasyes said:

No need.. Act like the homeless n sleep in street in Kowloon... Guaranteed first in line hahahaha

if still can find your running shoes and bib when u wake up.... :lol::lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Booked sq flights to hk some time ago for 310 dollars. Considered cheap?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, yh90 said:

Booked sq flights to hk some time ago for 310 dollars. Considered cheap?

Quite a good deal, though full fledged flights have promos that are under 300.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, yh90 said:

Booked sq flights to hk some time ago for 310 dollars. Considered cheap?

Must be SQ. it's one of the cheapest for full fledge and with taxes all in.

Hotel per night is very expensive. But having stayed at 3 star Hong Kong hotels... I now prefer better ones...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, junior23 said:

Must be SQ. it's one of the cheapest for full fledge and with taxes all in.

Hotel per night is very expensive. But having stayed at 3 star Hong Kong hotels... I now prefer better ones...

HK hotels are known to be quite costly due to their high cost in property maybe?? if want to be a little more relax in this trip, have to go for bigger rooms cause small rooms are really quite tiny....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hotel near starting point will be good.  I had stayed at Holiday Inn Goldenmile for the last 2 years.  
It is located right beside the starting point and MTR station.  Very convenient.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 3:42 PM, junior23 said:

I booked Hotel Panorama by Rhombus.

 

Have yet to get my letter. Have not been running much. :/

better to start some time on your feet soon...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2016 at 11:32 AM, yh90 said:

They say scmhk is very hilly race. Who can agree with this?

Yes. Last time I ran the FM there were three bridges which runners had to climb. There is a steep climb coming out of the tunnel, and several hills during the last 5km.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...