Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Madmax

Garmin watches - cheaper than Comex

I am not sure if it is an error.  But the Garmin sport watches on Hachi.Tech is cheaper than what was sold at the recent Comex.  E.g. Garmin FR235 is selling at $359.  It was selling at $419 (offer price) at Comex.

If you are looking for one, this seems to be a good deal.

*Afternote - Oops.  Found out from Carousell that the shop at 5th floor in Sim Lim Sq is also selling at the same price.

On 9/30/2016 at 9:03 PM, Madmax said:

I am not sure if it is an error.  But the Garmin sport watches on Hachi.Tech is cheaper than what was sold at the recent Comex.  E.g. Garmin FR235 is selling at $359.  It was selling at $419 (offer price) at Comex.

If you are looking for one, this seems to be a good deal.

*Afternote - Oops.  Found out from Carousell that the shop at 5th floor in Sim Lim Sq is also selling at the same price.

Too bad they don't carry FR920XT...i'm looking for a replacement for my FR910XT which all the silicon buttons at the side have dropped off.

18 hours ago, jerrylam said:

Too bad they don't carry FR920XT...i'm looking for a replacement for my FR910XT which all the silicon buttons at the side have dropped off.

Garmin buttons are silicon type? the soft rubber usually do not go well with water...

6 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

Garmin buttons are silicon type? the soft rubber usually do not go well with water...

I've been using my FR910XT for triathlons, swim and run for more than 3 years. But at the start of this year, the silicon around the buttons started to crack, and gradually the buttons dropped off. Now, there are a few big holes at the side where the buttons used to be. The watch still works. I have to use a key to poke into the hole to use. I ran the last Craze Ultra with it, and it lasted 18 hours with juice to spare. But i don't think it'll survive if i go running and get caught in the rain.... 

DSC_1042.jpg

1 minute ago, jerrylam said:

I've been using my FR910XT for triathlons, swim and run for more than 3 years. But at the start of this year, the silicon around the buttons started to crack, and gradually the buttons dropped off. Now, there are a few big holes at the side where the buttons used to be. The watch still works. I have to use a key to poke into the hole to use. I ran the last Craze Ultra with it, and it lasted 18 hours with juice to spare. But i don't think it'll survive if i go running and get caught in the rain.... 

yea... doesnt feel like its water-proof anymore... haa.... 

24 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

yea... doesnt feel like its water-proof anymore... haa.... 

That's why i need to get another multi-sport watch that can last 18 hours and above. So far, only the FR920XT....but it's still a bit expensive as it's above $500.

4 minutes ago, jerrylam said:

That's why i need to get another multi-sport watch that can last 18 hours and above. So far, only the FR920XT....but it's still a bit expensive as it's above $500.

you are right... my FR220 is at Batt low mode after less than 6hrs of running... and it would automatically saves the current run when you start to charge it.... so cannot bring this to ultra for sure...

3 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

you are right... my FR220 is at Batt low mode after less than 6hrs of running... and it would automatically saves the current run when you start to charge it.... so cannot bring this to ultra for sure...

Garmin also just launched not too long ago a new triathlon watch, the FR735XT. It looks sleeker, slimmer and comes with a built-in heart rate monitor. BUT......the batt lasts only about 12 hours....

1 hour ago, jerrylam said:

what's your budget? AllBright has some old FR910XT to clear stock..seems might have some trade in when I last went there..give them a call?

32 minutes ago, medic said:

what's your budget? AllBright has some old FR910XT to clear stock..seems might have some trade in when I last went there..give them a call?

I was aiming to get the FR920XT at $500 and below....but if the price for the 910XT is below $300, i'll defintiely consider!!! Yeah, i might as well give them a call. 

I was aiming to get the FR920XT at $500 and below....but if the price for the 910XT is below $300, i'll defintiely consider!!! Yeah, i might as well give them a call. 

do also note that for such clearances, it means that the watch might have been shelved for a period of time.. the quality of the strap and maybe even batt, buttons might deteriorate... life span might be less than your last..

50 minutes ago, Madmax said:

Thanks for the lobang bro Madmax!! I just had a look at the listings. The seller from the Amazon link doesn't ship to Singapore. For Amazon, i can only buy from Amazon direct and they are selling it at US$359 (S$492) with free shipping to SG. Clever Training charges an additional $29.90 for shipping, bringing the total price to US$349.40 (S$479.50). Both options are STILL cheaper than buying locally. Most likely i'll get it from Clever Training :thumbsu:

Thanks for the lobang bro Madmax!! I just had a look at the listings. The seller from the Amazon link doesn't ship to Singapore. For Amazon, i can only buy from Amazon direct and they are selling it at US$359 (S$492) with free shipping to SG. Clever Training charges an additional $29.90 for shipping, bringing the total price to US$349.40 (S$479.50). Both options are STILL cheaper than buying locally. Most likely i'll get it from Clever Training :thumbsu:

For sending over to Singapore, go and make an account with www.ezbuy.sg.  Get yourself an US address.

You can have it delivered to it.  When the package has reached the US address, you will be notified via email.  After that, make the payment and it will be sent to SG.  It should cost not more than S$20 to send to SG.

For other freight forwarders, there are more expensive options Comgateway and Vpost.

12 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

You're right, I'm using a FR220 and I really like the watch a lot. Went for my first ultra recently and the batt died after 7 hours, didnt manage to last the whole race. Now i'm also tempted to get an upgrade. 

11 hours ago, akane81 said:

You're right, I'm using a FR220 and I really like the watch a lot. Went for my first ultra recently and the batt died after 7 hours, didnt manage to last the whole race. Now i'm also tempted to get an upgrade. 

this is also one reason why i haven tried an ultra also... cause i know my watch cannot support...

15 hours ago, Madmax said:

For sending over to Singapore, go and make an account with www.ezbuy.sg.  Get yourself an US address.

You can have it delivered to it.  When the package has reached the US address, you will be notified via email.  After that, make the payment and it will be sent to SG.  It should cost not more than S$20 to send to SG.

For other freight forwarders, there are more expensive options Comgateway and Vpost.

Wahh...gamxia very very much!! Creating an ezbuy account now!!! :thumbsu:

33 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

this is also one reason why i haven tried an ultra also... cause i know my watch cannot support...

Xmas is coming. Time to request for a new GPS watch from your spouse/gf/parents this festive season!! Ho Ho Ho!!

Xmas is coming. Time to request for a new GPS watch from your spouse/gf/parents this festive season!! Ho Ho Ho!!

the FR220 is still serving me well and i am quite satisfied with it... :lol:

11 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

the FR220 is still serving me well and i am quite satisfied with it... :lol:

It's the reason why you're not 'ultraing' yet....time to change it!! LOL

17 hours ago, jerrylam said:

It's the reason why you're not 'ultraing' yet....time to change it!! LOL

Bro Jerry, no need $$ one ah.. haa... this watch cost me ard 300 plus then and took quite long to consider before I buy...haa

4 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

Bro Jerry, no need $$ one ah.. haa... this watch cost me ard 300 plus then and took quite long to consider before I buy...haa

I remember you bought your Garmin watch with a price discount. Guess you haven't maxed out the watch's value yet haha :)

On 10/8/2016 at 10:13 PM, trailblazer said:

I remember you bought your Garmin watch with a price discount. Guess you haven't maxed out the watch's value yet haha :)

i bought it during one of the race expo.....the "discount or not" price i took with a pinch of salt...hahah