Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bananaman30

Perth marathon 12 june

Joined this event for the first time...it was a wonderful experience.

Below are some sharing...

Cost : expensive $114, same as my scoot ticket one way

Reward: 1 finisher tee 2xu, 1 medal.

Running route: flat, scenic along Swan River, 2 loops

Weather: Strong wind, cold, 12 degree to 14 degree

Running time: 730 am to 130pm

Water point: water, and shotz drink

My Finished timing : 6h 35min....I am the last runner very pressurized...most angmo will finish 4-5 hrs.

Hotel: a few near race site, but can stay in perth...and take a train to race site.

Baggage: just put your bag in a room....oto nobody will take.

After race food : lots of orange, cakes, hotdogs, lemonade drinks.

Wow... Thanks for sharing...

$200+ is quite a good steal for flying to Perth... Which promo did you get the ticket from?

PB for you? And what are the challenges you face for running there?

Did you tour around much after the run, or is it more like a fly in fly out run?

Coming back on 20 jun.

Fare to come back no promo, cost $180.

Challenges : u need to go there at least 2 days early to do morning runs there, so that your body, legs can get use to the cold weather. I did taipei half marathon before at 17 deg, and i thought it is ok..but perth even colder...i worn 2 running tee, one long, one short, one long running tight...still too cold. My running time is always 6-6.30h...so no PB.

i realised that Aust's races are usually quite exp...same with US or European countries... only Asia countries a bit lesser....

I did the taipei half marathon before too and it's quite windy especially on the expressway where its at an elevated level... but once the sun comes out, its warm liaoz.... perth is definitely colder if you are talking about 14deg.. Are there some significant slopes along the loop? It's a 2-loop course so that's where the boredom comes into play....

On 6/17/2016 at 6:44 AM, Bananaman30 said:

Coming back on 20 jun.

Fare to come back no promo, cost $180.

Challenges : u need to go there at least 2 days early to do morning runs there, so that your body, legs can get use to the cold weather. I did taipei half marathon before at 17 deg, and i thought it is ok..but perth even colder...i worn 2 running tee, one long, one short, one long running tight...still too cold. My running time is always 6-6.30h...so no PB.

Fare to come back? Then what about going there? If it is $360 it is quite reasonable though.

I don't trust the quality of running tees so usually wear a heat tec long sleeve as a bottom layer for overseas runs lower than 20 degrees. Extra long sleeves for Tokyo run below 10 degrees (3 layers). Seems to be pretty manageable for me though it gets a bit warm when the sun is up. Didn't go for any earlier runs for my previous overseas runs so I guess it is all knowing your own threshold for cold. But always try to wear more instead of less, at least you can take off layers when you feel warm rather than suffer when wearing less.

Glad you are enjoying the run and having a good tour there.