Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adipat

The only brand

If you can only choose one pair of running shoes, what brand would it be?  

489 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tried and fell in love with the adiZero Tempos!

www.adidas.com.sg/running

Dexter.. Wonder if the adizero Tempo is suitable for Neutral Runner who just need cushion?? What is the Retail Price??

I use adidas Adistar Contol 4. Tried out Asics and Saucony but still find Adistar the better one - especially for its cushion.

I prefer Asics and Adidas shoes... find them more comfy.

NB/ Brook - i used them during my army ICT. No choice leh...

Recently switched from Mizuno to Asics. Frankly speaking, I kinda prefer Mizuno more.

then why did you switch?

I'm currently running on Adidas Supernova Cushion 6, just bought a pair of New Balance 767. But I'm currently down with a cold so haven't got a chance to test it out :)

I think Nike Air Zoom Elite 2 is a rather versalite and good shoe. Responsive and light but at the same time with enough cushioning. Currently my favourite pair, alternating 3 pairs of them with not much problem.

Asics is rather gd , i enjoy their GT series with the wider toebox. The DS trainer series seems too light for a trainer, but not light enough for a racer, with a narrow toebox, i dun really like it.

Mizunos have a lasting problem for me. 2 pairs of them hadnt last more than 7mths. Comfortable though.

NB are gd for the price, but i think they are generally nt too responsive....

Hadnt tried adidas yet....

last week i was trying all the shoes i had.apparently i ran on 3 evenings.first session was on the adidas megabounce i got for gym.i ran on the treadmill and it provides a very responsive ride indeed.every stride i strode,it pushes and bounces slightly.i can fill the springy feeling of it,despite there is still the lack of cushioning absorption.it didnt work well as a full complete solid midesole shoe.but neither did i regretted on the shoe.it still works very well for running on treadmill and for gym training purpose.

i also ran on the mizuno creation 8.slightly heavier than the new balance shoe i had,but the cushioning and respnse was ultimate.i would give it a 9/10 rating.cushioning was good.and resposnive when i ran around the nieghbourhood.it was nice and the rubber outsole didnt show any sign of wearing since i ran on it for quite sometime.it's a pretty good shoe and i was thinking if my next shoe would be a wave rider 11 next year.haha.

I was using my army issued NB shoes (what model are they?) for running up till 6 months after i ORDed. Quite good cushioning imo.

Changed to pearl izumi pace after that to try out, suited my running style well since i pronate a lot on one foot (my legs arent equal length due to my spine), so a shoe with good cushioning was suitable for me.

always wanted to try out the asics gel kinsei though, although the price is scary :(

I was using my army issued NB shoes (what model are they?) for running up till 6 months after i ORDed. Quite good cushioning imo.

Changed to pearl izumi pace after that to try out, suited my running style well since i pronate a lot on one foot (my legs arent equal length due to my spine), so a shoe with good cushioning was suitable for me.

always wanted to try out the asics gel kinsei though, although the price is scary :(

the new balance model is A380 if im not wrong.

Currently with Asics, just love their cushioning. However i also have another brand in mind, which is Mizuno, i own a pair of Wave elixer, which is quite good w/ its light weight. I will be keen to try out Adidas running shoes soon, they look really sleek and cool.

does mizuno have width sizing? thks.

yes...sometimes they come out with one sizing fr this season and a different sizing in teh new season with different colours but same model

yes...sometimes they come out with one sizing fr this season and a different sizing in teh new season with different colours but same model

taz... i brought the Axiom 2... did a 28 km run on her without major issue... ^_^ but, i did change the insole as the brook's one too slippery.. using her tonite for blink blink run... tks for the good recommendation.. :smilie_daumen1:

taz... i brought the Axiom 2... did a 28 km run on her without major issue... ^_^ but, i did change the insole as the brook's one too slippery.. using her tonite for blink blink run... tks for the good recommendation.. :smilie_daumen1:

good..let me know how u find the forefoot cushioning and responsiveness compared to the others u have

I guess what's important is to choose the right shoes (model) for comfort rather than brand.

I feel brand is more related to preference, budget and image.

Been using mizuno wave nirvana 2. No complaints so far.

Probably getting a pair of wave rider 11 soon.

how much is Saucony Triumph 4 if i get it in Queensway?

Hi i got mine at $132 one year back . i think have gone down to $110.

good shoe but can only manage 400km (3mth for me ). Using pearl izumi now.

Saw Northface Boa / cable . considering tat for Sundown.

post-4337-1210343179_thumb.jpg

I started with ASICS, don seem to go wrong when you are not sure what type of shoe suit you. Then moved on to BROOKS... ok, good value shoe (not the army one, those are good for walking only).

Next stop, New Balance, excellent range for different foot type, good price, wide toe cap and no more bruised nails.

Mizuno Precision, Runners World give good review so decided to try it. Felt like running bare footed at the recent Sundown, very thin cusioning at the fore foot.

Now using Zoot....

James

http://www.sgtrishop.com

Mizunos are pretty good so far. Hopefully it continues to keep me (and my feet) entertained.

newbie runner here, just signed up for couple of runs. Just bought Adidas Response Cushion 17 1 month ago. Pretty good and comfortable cushion for me. I'm thinking of getting a new balance shoe for rotation and i happen to get a 30% discount for the real run 2008.

Considering getting MR757 or MR1062. Wonder how do these 2 compare? or anyone can recommend a new balance cushioning shoe. I've neutral feet and after running i realise I am a forefoot/midfoot striker.