Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adipat

The only brand

If you can only choose one pair of running shoes, what brand would it be?  

489 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:cheers:

My only choice shifted from Adidas to Mizuno now, cos it more suit the Asian's feet.

:Party:

Blurmax's Blog

I've been using Asics since the day I turned "serious" abt running. But recently I bought my 1st pair of Mizuno.. I think my preferred brand is gradually shifting from Asics to Mizuno...

I almost switch to Adidas from Asics. especially the latest Super Nova Control (stability) and Rotterdam (light weight trainer) are awsome. I dont say Asics is no good. But now I found some poor quality with several pairs.

adidas produces good racing flat i guess.i've been wearing the adizero for about half a year,wear it only for races eg pacesetter 30km and the upcoming bi-s.it is both light and responsive.i guess it is on par with most other brands.

once i went to their boutique at suntec, to my amazement, i saw and held the lightest pair i ever saw,its paper light.its almost zero cushion at a mere 99g as told by one of the staff.

Realrunner,

Which brand of trail running shoes are U wearing now?

Blurmax's Blog

While I was drafting, I realized you are based in HK. So I need to amend my comments

In fact I do not wear trail running shoes as I run only in Singapore. Since those trails are relatively well maintained and less rocky.

Once I wrote in another topic, when I went to Whistler, Canada in summer time, I ran along rugged, rocky, steep and even bear walking trails with ordinary running shoes. But my shoes worn out because of sharp rocks. In such situation, definitely you need heavy duty trail shoes. My favorite in this line is Salomon or Montrail since it was durable, less slippery, and harder mid sole, which enables you feel more stable. In any types, unfortuantely I do not like Nike. actually its outsole of every nike's traill line is very slippery (I don know WHY?). and the sole is easily come off.

Am new to this forum so hi guys.

Mine's mizuno. It really suits Asian feet which are broader.

welcome skygoon... perhaps you would like to give some intro about you under the new members section... :)

i love mizuno too... just bought a pair of mizuno wave inspire 3... super good... :tongue_smilie:

I have a hunch that most people that voted have not seriously tested all the brands...

Personally I have not tested Asics :P becos it is so *&%#(* expensive

But I have tried, Adidas, Nike and New Balance so far...

I think the top of the range shoe for each brand will be comparable in terms of performance lah

I've been using Asics all the while. Their Gel Nimbus series have been doing quite good job for me. Thought I find it a bit too hot shoe for Singapore climate. I've also tried New Balance 1024 and 1061 but they only bring width 2E locally which is way too wide for my narrow feet. Mizono are out of picture, they just can't handle my 90kg worth of goodiness :rolleyes:

Recently I've discovered Saucony, their top of the range seems to be pretty good! And it comes at a fraction of Asics price. Now testing it for tear&wear over long distances and if it performs well I'll be switching over! :cheers:

I've been using Asics all the while. Their Gel Nimbus series have been doing quite good job for me. Thought I find it a bit too hot shoe for Singapore climate. I've also tried New Balance 1024 and 1061 but they only bring width 2E locally which is way too wide for my narrow feet. Mizono are out of picture, they just can't handle my 90kg worth of goodiness :rolleyes:

Recently I've discovered Saucony, their top of the range seems to be pretty good! And it comes at a fraction of Asics price. Now testing it for tear&wear over long distances and if it performs well I'll be switching over! :cheers:

I am also thinking of Saucony Hurricane 9 next month. Which model of Saucony r u using and how is it ? Since u have narrow feet have tried Mizuno Inspire 3 ?

I recently bought my first mizuno persuit less than 2mths ago, ran less than 200km with it. to my surprise its already worn..at the heel outer edge (slight pronation). my previous shoe is asic GT2100, ran over a year, (about >1200km) and has the same wear at the heel.

is anyone using mizuno persuit and have the same problem? or its just a bad batch i got. disappointed with this pair. :Sigh:

hv been using my asics for running....recently bought a saucony....now switching between these 2 to c which one is better....

hv been using my asics for running....recently bought a saucony....now switching between these 2 to c which one is better....

I am using Asics Kayano 12 and Saucony Triumph 4. I used the Asics Kayano for marathon events. As for the Saucony Triumph 4, I used it for short and training. Both pairs make me run crazy.

Cheers !

Kayano

Mademoiselle Luck ... so what are yr conclusion or experiences with both brands.. pls share leh <_<

i'm eagerly awaiting your experience with saucony, simply because asics is getting too expensive for me to buy, and i'm contemplating getting a pair of sauconys.

i don't EVER want to use a worn-out shoe again.

i'm eagerly awaiting your experience with saucony, simply because asics is getting too expensive for me to buy, and i'm contemplating getting a pair of sauconys.

i don't EVER want to use a worn-out shoe again.

you try Omni 6 moderate. which is close to asics 2000 series. actually last week i tried several models including this, it is good, in terms of snug fit and stability. since i need a bit lighter and responsive one for serious training (e.g. speed work and race pace run), I bought Nike Air zoom elite. but if I choose one for everyday, easy running, I will pick this model.

I am using Asics Kayano 12 and Saucony Triumph 4. I used the Asics Kayano for marathon events. As for the Saucony Triumph 4, I used it for short and training. Both pairs make me run crazy.

Cheers !

Kayano

i wore my saucony during the world harmony run. quite comfortable. havent tested for terrains yet.

Mademoiselle Luck ... so what are yr conclusion or experiences with both brands.. pls share leh <_<

hv been using my asics for road runs n terrain runs. hv not tested my saucony on terrains yet. will update soon. however i noticed watever brands i wear will bound to hv blisters aft more than 45mins into the run.

hv been using my asics for road runs n terrain runs. hv not tested my saucony on terrains yet. will update soon. however i noticed watever brands i wear will bound to hv blisters aft more than 45mins into the run.

Using the right socks will be beneficial.

You can try to get WrightSocks.

Because it is a double layered socks, it should prevent blisters.

Tried and fell in love with the adiZero Tempos!

www.adidas.com.sg/running

Dexter.. Wonder if the adizero Tempo is suitable for Neutral Runner who just need cushion?? What is the Retail Price??

Tried and fell in love with the adiZero Tempos!

www.adidas.com.sg/running

Dexter.. Wonder if the adizero Tempo is suitable for Neutral Runner who just need cushion?? What is the Retail Price??

Retail price is $202.80. You can get 20% discount during the SCSM promotion period.