Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ampark21

Holiday Run

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Upcoming Events

• Topics

• Update: Uncle ran "Bukit Timah Bike Trail" illegally to explore route...nearly kena       For your interest, Forest Force 50 15KM route on 29th March 2020 (Sun)     Met their production crew at Dairy Farm Nature Park side...while uncle exit to Singapore Quarry... Yes, if uncle kena caught running at Bike Trail, kena FINE is $2,000. Please follow only Hiking (Runner) Trail like this one at Chestnut Nature Park. Got tip from one of the crew "runners" from the Forest Force 50 Organising Committee, go to the Summit from Hindede side to take the route to Daisy Farm Nature Park, and that is the "pipe line" route of Bukit Timah Nature Park. Sounded like the same Forest Force 50 crew also knew about the Trans Singapore routes. Same theme - a "continuous" route.  only 2 trail races here in Singapore... Aiya, for Uncle, if can run these trail routes every weekend, save money and DIY and  "illegally" enter Bike Trail (more challenging terrain like roller coastal)...hope not kena caught...since uncle sneaked into the Bike Trail "only during wee hours from 3-4am with trail lights"...                 Yet to run the full 25km or 50km route, abuthen Forest Force 50 also got same 15km/25km/50km routes only their Start Point is from Daisy Farm Nature Park. Easy lah, crash course, pretend innocently don't know got race on 29th March 2020 (Sun), and DIY with them ( the real runners for races)... Next week, explore "Trail !Ultra Run" route of Trans Singapore 2020.
    • Update: Info and 15KM route video   Follow this video on Volvic Forect Force 15KM route Actually, uncle ran yesterday from Hindede Mountain Bike Trail (illegally, not for runners) and when exited to Singapore Quarry, met this video production crew as well as "acting runners". Even engaged a conversation with one of the "runners" and find out more information.  
    • please contribute your post on anything you have run to this sub-forum thank you for your contribution, enjoy your running experience 👌
    • ^ I was thinking the same thing. I was optimistically hoping for the outbreak to mellow down by summer (for the northern hemisphere) but then I realise even if that happens, the underlying tension might still be there. So I'm just going to sit out on all international marathons until WHO declares the end of pandemic. Support local events for now!     
    • 2:55! Wow!😅  I don't think I'll ever get to that level since I'm getting on in years... I did consider doing the Sydney Marathon (September) or the CIty to Surf for Active Marathon in Perth (August) instead of my Oct or Nov race, but I'm hesitating. (I don't know if I'll get flagged/scolded by the admins for saying this here) but in Australia I occasionally come across people who, uhm let me just describe as... "not nice". They may not be openly shaking their fists in your face telling you to get out of their country, but they sure will make you feel unwelcome- even if you're not doing anything wrong, are acting on your best manners, and speak fluent English (I grew up in America). You know what I mean? 😓 Now with this virus scare going on, I'm worried they may not treat Asians too well (or even worse) 😨 The world is a big place, and there are many other places to go to in the meantime...