Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Delvin Gho

Shoe tread wear pattern

I just managed to get around to washing my shoes after the trail run through the green corridor last week (compresssport).  After lots of scrubbing and cleaning, I noticed a wear pattern on my kayano 21 (my main running shoe).  I am not sure if this is a typical wear pattern. The wear is concentrated on the outer part of the sole (white portions in the picture below) 

Perhaps some experienced runners can advise me? Been doing okay with my kayano (and I was thinking of getting the new kayano 22) but wondering if the wear pattern is telling me to consider another shoe. Thanks! 

shoe wear pattern.jpg

From there pattern, you are a heel striker, meaning your landing is always heel strike and tends to have first contact on your outer heel.... another visible clue shows that you probably underpronates... Another last possibility is that you could also be dragging your feet when you are running which causes the extreme wear and tear of the said portion... i also noticed that the mid and front of your shoes looks quite new without much wearing... 

pronation.jpg

i think kayano is a type of shoe which has a lot of protection for the feet so i think it is ok to continue with this... just have to understand more of your feet and the way you run so that you can avoid all unnecessary injuries...