Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lonewolf

Upgraded Forum Discussion

I guess by now we have all seen the new upgrade for the forum.

And quite frankly it's underwhelming to say the least. Apart from getting a make-up and looking a bit prettier, I find that a lot of the features are no longer available after the 'upgrade'

#1 What happen to the 'Preview Post' when editing or starting a new topic? Sometimes it good to review what you enter (especially when you need to insert graphics or image) before you click 'submit'

#2 Insert image used to be easier with the 'Add to Post' option. That's no longer available. Any image you upload directly to the post will be posted at the end of the post. There is a current workaround that will require to edit the post and then cut and copy the image to the desired position in the post.

#3 What happen to the 'View New Content' option? This was easily one of the most useful features as we can have a list of the new replies and topics since our last visit to the site. sgrunner.com is a large place and sometimes we dun venture beyond the few places we usually visit like local races. Now to view new topics/replies in other forums, we have to visiti each individually which is frankly a tedious task.

[Update]  'View New Content' is now known as 'Unread Content' 

There are one or two missing features but those are probably more obscure features that few users would miss (or even know of its existence) but the above are the main one. 

I understand that Boss says that content is still being rebuit so hopefully some of the above features will make a return. If not, well, life goes on and we will adapt. 

OK. Another feature for the upgraded forum has been found.

#2 The previous 'Add to Post' feature when uploading image has been found. After you upload an image to the post, you will see something like the following shot. On the image, there is a '+' sign which you can use to post the image where you like. And this is a true upgrade of the forum. Previously any image you try to 'Add to Post' is resized smaller. Now it is not resized which is really excellent! :thumbsu:

sgrunner-post-image-05.jpg.e3283cf371d88

i am quite fine with this new format... most of the items that i need are there.... there were some features which made it easier for users to spot and use.... :thumbsup:

i also realised that the footer is gone... no wonder everyone's message looked so short.... haha..... i think the footer gives every runner some uniqueness so this feature should be a consideration for adding back....

updated (1 hour later)... that the footer is BACK!! I think the moderators are closely monitoring this content... thanks so much.... :goodjob:

i used to be able to leap right to the specific newest post in the thread if I stay logged into the forum. With the new forum, I keep jmhaving to scroll down to find the newest post b

anyone has any idea how I can reinstate that useful function?

On 18/02/2016 at 7:09 AM, wonderfulblevic said:

i used to be able to leap right to the specific newest post in the thread if I stay logged into the forum. With the new forum, I keep jmhaving to scroll down to find the newest post b

anyone has any idea how I can reinstate that useful function?

Are you talking about go to the newest post from the list of topics page?

sgrunner-02.jpg.1b8118b8b429361f70de904f

You can press the dot next to the topic to go to the first unread post. 

5 hours ago, wonderfulblevic said:

Wow it works! Thanks! I very suaku mah 

No worries. Happy to help! We are just learning to get used to the new forum design. So helping one another shorten the learning curve. :thumbsu:

I have been encountering another strange occurence sometimes when I made or edit a post. A big empty box is added to the end of my post. 

Not sure what it is. Maybe it's for a signature box or something.  Though I know I had not created one and not really sure if 'signature box' is a feature since I dun usually bother. 

Sometimes it can be edited out but sometimes it just keep coming back. The funny thing is it seems like I'm the only one having this cos I dun see the 'box' with other members' posts. 

So does anyone know what the box is??  

sgrunner-03.jpg.360d649fb657aa5b6598c5e1

I did see your msg above with a big box and thought it's a photo which didnt show up....:huh:

talking about signatures, i also realised that i cant find the link to update or change my signature... tried to look at settings or profile but both to no avail.....