Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ayukawa22

Stand Chart KL Marathon 7 Aug 2016

1 hour ago, NoobieRunner said:

no it's not. Just gradual inclines now and then except at around the 33-37km mark (can't remember exactly). But that's the point, can't remember because though there was that giant incline, it can and will be conquered and you'll forget about it.

Need to practice running at sloped areas le

1 hour ago, yh90 said:

Need to practice running at sloped areas le

I think the toughest slope I've ever run in Singapore is Mount Faber slope during 10K Mt Faber Run. That is a 10/10 incline. Dun worry SCKLM slope is not as tough as that;- I give it at most  a 6/10

2 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

yes, walking up the slope is one strategy so that one will not get extra tired trying to conquer the slope and then walk for the rest of the race...hahah.... means Bro Noobie cannot run at safe and relax route... must be those with cars driving past...hahhah

yeah bro, sometimes when you feel stress and fearful for your safety, your body can do miracles :) Maybe you are right, East Coast route is so super sian and safe, Noobie's body will shut down from the sheer predictability of the route

2 hours ago, NoobieRunner said:

yeah bro, sometimes when you feel stress and fearful for your safety, your body can do miracles :) Maybe you are right, East Coast route is so super sian and safe, Noobie's body will shut down from the sheer predictability of the route

wahaha.... need to be versatile... make the predictability of route becomes and advantage when it needs to.... but easier said than done lo....:sword:

22 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

wahaha.... need to be versatile... make the predictability of route becomes and advantage when it needs to.... but easier said than done lo....:sword:

Ya bro, that's something Noobie need to master. Trying visualisation technique, pacing, running point-to-point all cannot overcome that mental block. Noobie's favourite part of Singapore's common race scene is Marina Bay gardens crossing the dam and back to finish.

10 minutes ago, NoobieRunner said:

Ya bro, that's something Noobie need to master. Trying visualisation technique, pacing, running point-to-point all cannot overcome that mental block. Noobie's favourite part of Singapore's common race scene is Marina Bay gardens crossing the dam and back to finish.

One way to tackle is to run this exact same place (ECP) more often... hahahha... then can practice... or go the other extreme way and try to avoid ECP at all cost... during race time, you might find that ECP is like a new place you have never been in a long time...

4 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

One way to tackle is to run this exact same place (ECP) more often... hahahha... then can practice... or go the other extreme way and try to avoid ECP at all cost... during race time, you might find that ECP is like a new place you have never been in a long time...

We have all become so familiar with ECP that even if we try to avoid it now it is impossible to find any freshness about that place anymore  

3 hours ago, beast said:

We have all become so familiar with ECP that even if we try to avoid it now it is impossible to find any freshness about that place anymore  

That's why there's a lot of excitement and incentive for Noobie to run overseas especially in Malaysia - new and refreshing routes, nearby, low cost and of course high quality coloured medals from Medal Depot for the Medal Hunter in Noobie :)

7 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

...hmmm like the ugly girl you don't like. The more you don't like, the more you must love her until you like...hahaha

23 hours ago, yh90 said:

Which is the best way to go from kl international airport to merdeka square? My hotel is near the merdeka square.

I'm staying near Chinatown, I will most likely be taking the kl express(RM100) 2 way and cab from kl sentral to my hotel

I've always taken the cheaper alternative.  Since I usually fly to KL on Airasia and sometimes on Tigerair, I would land at the budget terminal. From there I'll take the shuttle bus to KL Sentral costing RM11 each way the last time I was there -  I just saw that a ticket costs RM9 if booked in advance online, haven't tried it yet.  The bus ride takes about 55 minutes whereas KL Express takes about 30 minutes and is more comfortable.  However, the KL Express runs at 15 to 20 minutes intervals but the shuttle bus requires little or no waiting so total travelling time may not be very different.  From KL Sentral the LRT to Pasar Seni (Chinatown) costs RM1.20 and to Masjid Jamek RM1.30.

3 hours ago, seniorvet said:

I've always taken the cheaper alternative.  Since I usually fly to KL on Airasia and sometimes on Tigerair, I would land at the budget terminal. From there I'll take the shuttle bus to KL Sentral costing RM11 each way the last time I was there -  I just saw that a ticket costs RM9 if booked in advance online, haven't tried it yet.  The bus ride takes about 55 minutes whereas KL Express takes about 30 minutes and is more comfortable.  However, the KL Express runs at 15 to 20 minutes intervals but the shuttle bus requires little or no waiting so total travelling time may not be very different.  From KL Sentral the LRT to Pasar Seni (Chinatown) costs RM1.20 and to Masjid Jamek RM1.30.

The RM9 bus depends on how full the bus is before the driver drives off..its cheap and takes about 1 hour to reach KL Sentral...after which you can take the LRT/bus to hotel...

18 hours ago, yh90 said:

Who's doing fm ?and I know got a few pens at start point.Pen 1 is for which category?

One of the FM pacer posted in FB:-

(Trace-PEN-WAVE)

*Registered FM runners, You are advise to stand accordingly to your "Pen" wave indicated at the left bottom bib, your cooperation is highly appreciated for the free-flowing flag off.

1) "Red" Pen- invited Elite runners
2) "Blue" Pen1- <Sub 3:00hr category
3) "Green" Pen2- 3:30 & 4:00hr pacer & <Sub4hr category
4) "Yellow" Pen3- 4:30 & 5:00hr pacer & <Sub5hr category
5) "Pink" Pen4- 5:30,6:00,6:30,7:00hr pacer & <Sub6&7hr category

20 minutes ago, tsyip said:

One of the FM pacer posted in FB:-

(Trace-PEN-WAVE)

*Registered FM runners, You are advise to stand accordingly to your "Pen" wave indicated at the left bottom bib, your cooperation is highly appreciated for the free-flowing flag off.

1) "Red" Pen- invited Elite runners
2) "Blue" Pen1- <Sub 3:00hr category
3) "Green" Pen2- 3:30 & 4:00hr pacer & <Sub4hr category
4) "Yellow" Pen3- 4:30 & 5:00hr pacer & <Sub5hr category
5) "Pink" Pen4- 5:30,6:00,6:30,7:00hr pacer & <Sub6&7hr category

What about those doing HM?

Dear All FM participants,

Don't forget to collect the wristband at 31km mark as mentioned in Guide Book (Page 18).

"Please make sure to collect the Standard Chartered KL Marathon
2016 wristband at the 31km mark. Runners without the wristband will
not be able entitled for the Full Marathon finisher’s Tee & Medal."

54 minutes ago, tsyip said:

Dear All FM participants,

Don't forget to collect the wristband at 31km mark as mentioned in Guide Book (Page 18).

"Please make sure to collect the Standard Chartered KL Marathon
2016 wristband at the 31km mark. Runners without the wristband will
not be able entitled for the Full Marathon finisher’s Tee & Medal."

Dunno will jam anot at this 31km mark.