Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

imarche

Gold Coast Airport Marathon 2016

I was there and managed to get a PB of 4:29h.  I am ranked 3197 out of 5467.  That shows the standard of the run.

Great weather.  Blessed with sunshine with 18 deg temperature.  With so few runners, it is more enjoyable than SG marathons.

BTW, Singapore has the 3rd highest number of foreign participants.  I took the Thursday night flight via Scoot and there were many runners.

12 hours ago, Madmax said:

I was there and managed to get a PB of 4:29h.  I am ranked 3197 out of 5467.  That shows the standard of the run.

Great weather.  Blessed with sunshine with 18 deg temperature.  With so few runners, it is more enjoyable than SG marathons.

BTW, Singapore has the 3rd highest number of foreign participants.  I took the Thursday night flight via Scoot and there were many runners.

Sg has always been one of their largest contingent.. it's not as far as Europe and still able to enjoy the cooling temp.... nice run Bro Madmax.... that's a respectable time and carry on to strive for even more PBs to come....

15 hours ago, Madmax said:

Good job and glad you recovered from your injury! :)

19 hours ago, Madmax said:

Congrats!

On 7/4/2016 at 10:06 PM, Madmax said:

Wow....sub 4:30 yet ranking still belongs to the bottom 50% of runners. The ang mohs can really run!

On 7/4/2016 at 10:06 PM, Madmax said:

Maybe due to the nice weather. 

First time in GC. Due to my ankle injury in April, I drop from FM to HM.

Overall was a good run. Manage my first sub2 unexpectedly as I wasn't attempting to PB at this race due to lack of rest and mileage.

The Australians were very fast. And yes, plenty of Singaporeans. Wherever you walk, you will see a familiar face. If I get a chance, I may likely go back again.

Yeah, they were really fast, I got my PB but i was in the last 5%. Not sure if it was just me or a freak weather this year? I find that it's quite hot and definitely not as cooling as expected. Another myth is the nice scenery and the flat course. Maybe I had my expectations too high when everyone raved about this race. The only thing i really loved was the medal, it was really colourful and nice! 

14 hours ago, akane81 said:

Yeah, they were really fast, I got my PB but i was in the last 5%. Not sure if it was just me or a freak weather this year? I find that it's quite hot and definitely not as cooling as expected. Another myth is the nice scenery and the flat course. Maybe I had my expectations too high when everyone raved about this race. The only thing i really loved was the medal, it was really colourful and nice! 

i think that's the norm.... i was also having the mindset that it's a cool weather and flat route... but i would say in practical, at about noon, the sun was high up and it was pretty warm (but still much cooler than Sg) ... the route has some small climbs which means it's not really a super flat route but still manageable kind...

1 hour ago, lumiq said:

yes, agreed! they are really fast. 

Got my PB at 3hr 31min, rank 900+ out of 5000++ runner, amaze by all the fast runners.

will be back again next year, hopfully can get BQ :)

good luck bro.... it's a nice timing.... i believe one more year of prep would get you there in no time...

On 16 July 2016 at 2:26 PM, lumiq said:

yes, agreed! they are really fast. 

Got my PB at 3hr 31min, rank 900+ out of 5000++ runner, amaze by all the fast runners.

will be back again next year, hopfully can get BQ :)

Wow...so close to BQ!!