Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

imarche

Gold Coast Airport Marathon 2016

Yup. Have always wanted to do GC

u sign package or free & easy?

What is the recommended hotel to stay?

Free and easy for me. Actually after going through a few options, the package by Scenic Travel is slightly more ex but can save on the hassles. So it depends on what you prefer.

Never been to GC bro, so can't recommend. Can check out the past years thread. Broadly, I think Surfer's Paradise area is nicer but slightly more ex. There is free shuttle from a few locations within SP to the race start. Otherwise can take the tram. Definitely more worthwhile booking a whole apartment with a few to share with. Airbnb is an option as well.

Yup. Have always wanted to do GC

u sign package or free & easy?

What is the recommended hotel to stay?

Free and easy for me. Actually after going through a few options, the package by Scenic Travel is slightly more ex but can save on the hassles. So it depends on what you prefer.

Never been to GC bro, so can't recommend. Can check out the past years thread. Broadly, I think Surfer's Paradise area is nicer but slightly more ex. There is free shuttle from a few locations within SP to the race start. Otherwise can take the tram. Definitely more worthwhile booking a whole apartment with a few to share with. Airbnb is an option as well.

I did the half this year at GCAM. As we rented a car so we didn't stay near the race area. My apartment was at a beach further away from the town area. The drive was around 20 mins to the race area. A friend drove and dropped me at the race precinct.

For those interested to take up the Scenic Travel GCAM package, I have a $1,000 travel voucher with Scenic Travel that can be used to purchase the Scenic Travel GCAM package. I'm letting go with a 10% discount i.e. $1,000 travel voucher selling for $900. It's a quick $100 discount if anyone's interested. Please send me a pm if interested.

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. :D

Hope this is the right place to post... I am actually looking for someone to twin share package for gold coast marathon this year. If you are planning to take part and interested in twin sharing drop me a message.

U can find them on the gold coast marathon website:

http://goldcoastmarathon.com.au/travel/travel-packages/

Not sure if they are cheaper, but save the hassle of booking hotels and transport.

http://goldcoastmarathon.com.au/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2013/12/GCAM16-Malaysia-Brochure-SCREEN1.pdf

Airport transfer, transport to collect race number and to race start point.

The Singapore package includes flight and race entry but I already bought them. 

from my last year experience... it was quite convenience to take the tram to the start point. I was staying at Surfers Paradise. I went with my family, so at least Surfers Paradise is good to walk walk see see eat eat. By the way, on race day, the tram ride is free to and fro.

this year, I am also staying at Surfers Paradise, so same plan as last year.

46 minutes ago, Rey Muk said:

I'll be doing that too... but does anyone ever stayed around Parkwood? I am booking Airbnb and I am not sure if I made the right decision =/

if there is a tram (lightrail) station within walking distance, you will be able to get to and from the starting/ finishing point without much difficulties.

3 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

i was there 2 years back... i was worried about the queue at the tram station so went to hire a car instead... parking can be an issue as well if arrive late.... just set off earlier will do the job...

I also worry about the queue at the tram station. but last year I went, not queue. The tram not even crowded. I think the tram also come very frequent. 

Which hotel is better? I've shortlisted two apartments, one at Main beach about 2.5km away from Start Point, and another one further down but just across the street from the Expo and Convention Centre where I think the race expo should be (shuttle service to start point also start from here previous years).

And AutumnRunner, having done both GCAM and Osaka marathon, which one would you recommend? 

16 hours ago, akane81 said:

Which hotel is better? I've shortlisted two apartments, one at Main beach about 2.5km away from Start Point, and another one further down but just across the street from the Expo and Convention Centre where I think the race expo should be (shuttle service to start point also start from here previous years).

And AutumnRunner, having done both GCAM and Osaka marathon, which one would you recommend? 

For apartments, the further u stay, the earlier you would need to wake up and leave (it's quite cold in the morning but would eventually warm up)... Need to cater for adequate travelling time all will be well......

Both GCAM and Osaka left me with good memories.... it's a little difficult to pin-point exactly which to recommend... Both allowed me to obtain my intended PB then... Both are well organised races..

Just some quick pointers as below,

1) GCAM is a little warmer during the run than Osaka..

2) Both have long strands of human supporters through the entire route and both nationalities can really cheer you up....

3) GCAM runs along an almost to-and-fro route along the coast while Osaka route involves quite a few u-turns in the city....

4) Volunteers for both are very enthu people and full of encouragements. Hydration point never run out of water/isotonic

5) There are not many slopes in both routes; Osaka has one a slope with a higher gradient at the 35 or 38km mark....

6) You will see more Asians in Osaka and more Australians in GCAM for obvious reasons... =)

On 14 March 2016 at 5:25 PM, RunMing said:

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. :D

Hope this is the right place to post... I am actually looking for someone to twin share package for gold coast marathon this year. If you are planning to take part and interested in twin sharing drop me a message.

I have PM you but you did not reply me.

hi 

I had registered fro the GC full marathon but i can't go due to some family commitments. I saw the rules and a transfer is possible. If anyone is interested, I can transfer my registration to you. Pls PM me.

Thanks!